Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   RiverClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RiverClan Leader's Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35)

Neptune. December 24th, 2023 11:18 AM

Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubeisdagoat (Post 1525276)

As Larkstar began to yell at him, Charredpaw's ears went flat. He backed up slightly, scared. "I-I only wanted to help..." He spoke In a small, scared voice. He curled into a tiny ball and started to cry, shaking with terror. A flashback soon hit.

"What the HELL were you thinking, Matthew?!" Leon's deep voice harshly cut at Matthew as the two stood over the dead body of a massive she-cat. "Thorn died because of you! It's all YOUR fault!" Smack. Matthew felt a stinging pain as Leon's claws made contact with his face, blood dripping from his face. " GO! NOW." Leon hissed fiercely, causing Matthew to flee.
"I was only trying to help..." He mumbled as he began to run.
Charredpaw let out a low cry and started to cry, shaking with sheer terror. (charredpaw had a very stress causing flashback making him freak out so if possible I'mma just)
Frostpaw on the other hand just sighed. "Well, if your leader had only one life and you didn't wanna lose them, then you'd do what I did too!" he snapped suddenly, eyes wild with rage as he noticed the fear in Charredpaw's face.
Smolderpaw gasped in slight shock and decided to try and calm Charredpaw down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarice. (Post 1525505)
Birdsnow

With permission (obviously) the deputy followed Larkstar into her den, coming in behind Smolderpaw, Frostpaw and Charredpaw. Blinking in surprise as Smolderpaw stayed, she eyed Larkstar as if to ask if she should kick the apprentice out, but she decided to restrain herself, since Larkstar didn't seem to have a problem with it- yet- then Bird wouldn't either.

"How are either of you going to help if your killed by rogues?" She spoke firmly, watching as Charredpaw sank to the ground, trembling and sobbing, and honestly, she could do that too, but she had a Clan to help and duties to do. "Death isn't pleasant, I know more about that than most, and life isn't something to be casually risked or endangered. And if you care about your leader and those around you, you would listen to what she had to say because she knows whats best for you, herself, and those around her." She kept her voice gentle, until Frostpaw (of COURSE) started to run his mouth. Wasn't this the kid who just got his 'paw' name back?

Voice taking on a stern, icy tone, she locked gazes with Frostpaw, daring him to use that tone on her and Larkstar again. "Frostpaw, if you value your rank- the one you were just granted back, might I add, I suggest you watch your attitude and realize that you're walking a fine line." Why was this apprentice so goddamn troublesome (why were they both?)

Forcing her voice to become calm and soothing, she turned to Charredpaw. Couldn't yell at him if he was crying, it didn't sit right with her. "I know that you were trying to the right thing, but you must understand that if your leader tells you to do something- especially in a situation like that, you need to listen. You endangered yourselves and others by disobeying orders. If you wanted to help, you should've stayed at camp." Because all you did was cause more trouble for everyone. She thought with a small sigh of frustration, body still aching painfully from all the goddamn rogues she had to get body slammed and crushed by in order to save Charredpaw. How many times? Four? Four times too many, that's what she thought. Even though she would gladly walk through fire for anyone in this Clan (except the ones that wanted to kill her and Larkstar, naturally), she also wasn't thrilled about having to do it because of something that could've been as easily avoided as this.

[ @Cubeisdagoat @FrostyGalaxy ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubeisdagoat (Post 1525523)

"I-Im so sorry... I didn't know what I was doing was stupid..." Charredpaw softly meowed between sniffles as his entire body tensed up.
Frostpaw was the next to speak up.
"I'm sorry, I... The thought of Larkstar getting hurt... I freaked out and... And I didn't listen... Do whatever you're gonna do to me, direct all the blame on me, you two. Charredpaw was simply panicking and worrying about the clan meanwhile I wasn't going to sit there as everyone went to fight some psychotic rogues! I won't let anyone hurt my clan and live... Just, spare Charredpaw from punishment. He was just as worried as I was, but he was trying to follow me until he lost track of me in the battle. I'd headed back to camp the second time, but Charredpaw had gotten lost and I didn't know how to react, I panicked and almost considered running back to look for him..." Frostpaw eventually fell silent and pad over to Charredpaw, nuzzling him gently.
Smolderpaw continued to comfort Charredpaw.
"There, there, buddy... Don't worry, it's only a memory... Just focus on the future..." Smolderpaw comforted Charredpaw.

Stars, these cats were impossible. At least Birdsnow was able to get through to them a little, Lark still had some things to add, however. She turned her gaze on Charredpaw, briefly frowning at his crumbled form, and decided she'd speak with him after she spoke directly to Frostpaw.

"I appreciate your concern for my life," she mews, "but your disregard for my orders could have gotten both you, charredpaw, any of the warriors who went to fight, and even myself killed. There might be a time when ignoring orders I give would be more beneficial to the clan, but right now your job isn't to make those decisions. Right now your job isn't even to protect me - right now your only jobs are to learn and to stay alive."

There isn't a way to stress that any further. Their actions, no matter how righteous they felt in the moment, could have gotten themselves and others killed. There's no way to sugar coat that. Frankly, Lark doesn't want to sugar coat it. They need to see how their actions could have consequences. For StarClan's sake, Charredpaw was almost carried off!! It was damn lucky these cats were willing to save someone at the epicenter of trouble after trouble!

"Neither of you are to go to any gatherings until you earn your warrior names. I'll reassess where you stand at that point. You're both to stay in camp for a moon, find a way to help with reinforcing the dens or taking care of the elders. Prove to me you can be trusted with these tasks first before I trust you with anything else. You're dismissed." She turns to Birdsnow then, a silent question of if this was enough of a punishment. It didn't feel fair to remove their ranks, considering they were only trying to help, but is this enough punishment for it to sink in that what they'd done was wrong?

Goopysharkboi December 24th, 2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy (Post 1525584)

Stars, these cats were impossible. At least Birdsnow was able to get through to them a little, Lark still had some things to add, however. She turned her gaze on Charredpaw, briefly frowning at his crumbled form, and decided she'd speak with him after she spoke directly to Frostpaw.

"I appreciate your concern for my life," she mews, "but your disregard for my orders could have gotten both you, charredpaw, any of the warriors who went to fight, and even myself killed. There might be a time when ignoring orders I give would be more beneficial to the clan, but right now your job isn't to make those decisions. Right now your job isn't even to protect me - right now your only jobs are to learn and to stay alive."

There isn't a way to stress that any further. Their actions, no matter how righteous they felt in the moment, could have gotten themselves and others killed. There's no way to sugar coat that. Frankly, Lark doesn't want to sugar coat it. They need to see how their actions could have consequences. For StarClan's sake, Charredpaw was almost carried off!! It was damn lucky these cats were willing to save someone at the epicenter of trouble after trouble!

"Neither of you are to go to any gatherings until you earn your warrior names. I'll reassess where you stand at that point. You're both to stay in camp for a moon, find a way to help with reinforcing the dens or taking care of the elders. Prove to me you can be trusted with these tasks first before I trust you with anything else. You're dismissed." She turns to Birdsnow then, a silent question of if this was enough of a punishment. It didn't feel fair to remove their ranks, considering they were only trying to help, but is this enough punishment for it to sink in that what they'd done was wrong?

Smolderpaw shrugged. Eh, good enough punishment. Frostpaw left, making sure to comfort Charredpaw all the way out.

taillow December 24th, 2023 02:19 PM

Wingkit
He/him | 5 moons | No purrks
Even though a small part of him knew that Larkstar wasn't truly mad, Wingkit still felt... outside of everything. The piercing glare of Fishfreckle was what he saw every time he closed his eyes - a reminder that he was a problem. Problems always got dealt with, right? So Wingkit had kept his guard up sense then, unable to really allow himself to sleep longer than a couple hours each night.

"Yeah, well..." He wasn't sure how to react to this, already his gaze going back to his paws. It was uncomfortable, entirely uncomfortable and a situation that he just wanted to bolt from. He'd only come to say he was sorry because... because... well, Wing wasn't really sure. "Anyways, I wanted to asks something." Getting to the other point of being here. This time he lifted his gaze up to his aunt and it was narrowed. "I don't wants my apprentice ceremony done during a meeting. I don't wants... I don't wants anyone to chant my name, or come nears me, or do any of that stuffs. You can give Honeys his, but when the time comes, I just want it done not at a meeting. Maybe here, or..." There, it was out. He wasn't sure how apprentice ceremonies worked, but there was something in his gut that made him not want it to happen in front of the entire Clan. He just wanted to keep his head down and focus on his training - and avenging his dad. That was all.

[ @FrostyGalaxy ]

Kass December 24th, 2023 07:40 PM

( unknown clan name ) / habit
puffing up his cheeks the small kit stared at the ground. Seemingly unwilling to tattle on his adoptive brother even if he did say some hurtful things. Aunty larky..when will I ever get a clan name? I’ve just been joking around as habit and I’ve been thinking about a few names however I’m unsure of them. with hopeful eyes he raised his head and stared at his aunt. I wanna be named after a bird just like you and papa falcon! Even wingkit has a name similar to a bird if you think about it.. @FrostyGalaxy

( sorry it’s so short and I want you to pick a name for him ^^ )

Swiftheart <3 December 26th, 2023 02:18 PM

Echoheart paused as she entered Larkwings den. She sat in front of Larkwing, her tail twitching. “Hey, Lark… I know you’ve been having a hard time lately, and I was wondering if I could help you in any way? Maybe become a lionheart? I just want to help you, even if I’m not a deputy.” Echoheart asked, heart beating anxiously. @FrostyGalaxy
[not sure if she/they meet the lionheart requirements?? Echo just wants to help, sweet girl :’) <3]

Bean December 29th, 2023 11:58 AM

Bitterpaw
RiverClan apprentice

The scarred, marroon pelt of a certain whiney apprentice rushed into larkstar's den. "LARKBUTT! LARKBUTT WHERE ARE YOUUUU!" he whined, ears flat.

[ @FrostyGalaxy - here be a whiney bitter for larks ]

Neptune. January 1st, 2024 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesbianism (Post 1525513)
https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=45210
r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 120 moons - RiverClan - lesbian
"Sycamoresprout and I just returned with Asterpaw's body," she mewed regretfully. "I assume you want a patrol sent out to deal with the fox that killed him, and I wanted to volunteer to lead the patrol myself - that is, if you haven't already picked someone for the position. " She felt so... restless with how little she could do about the recent deaths. Sinking her teeth into the fox who had contributed would help satisfy the urge to do something about it all.

"I also came to report on something I noticed while on a hunting patrol recently. Applebees, Treepaw and I were fishing, and the river water seemed to be much lower than one would expect for leafbare. The fish seemed to notice the difference as well - we had to change approaches and finish our patrol on land for lack of them. I told Birdsnow when I reported back from my patrol, but since I'm already here, I thought it was best to mention it to you myself."
The tip of her tail twitched in worry. "With leafbare in full swing, I'm concerned about the troubles we may face without the reliable supply of freshkill the river usually provides."

Ripplepelt gave Larkstar a moment to digest all she'd said before continuing.

"One last thing, and then I'll leave you to your own time. A few moons ago, you mentioned the possibility of taking back Cattail Pond at a clan meeting. While the consensus then was to wait, I think the time to do something may well be approaching."
Ripplepelt kept her eyes on Larkstar'sas she continued, voice serious. "ThunderClan hasn't been making itself any allies as of late, and I think that their other enemies may lend us an advantage we may not otherwise have, their attention divided between their problems.
You were right when you said that it is of more use to us than ThunderClan - they have no need for fishing or swimming territory. Their taking of the pond seems, to me, to be a move of arrogance and disrespect. It would be a wise move to show them that sort of disrespect won't be tolerated by RiverClan."

She dipped her head once more. "I apologise if my counsel is unwanted in this matter - I just thought I would voice it on the chance that an old woman's perspective might be helpful to you."

"No, no! I appreciate your perspective very much!" Larkstar quickly assures. There's so much happening all the time... every minute she thinks she has a handle on it, something else happens to drag her deeper and deeper into the well of nonsense, trouble, tribulations and danger they are all facing. "Yes... I think a fox patrol would be wise... You're more than welcome to lead it, take with you whoever you think will be best suited - but... if you plan to take any apprentices, I'd stick to those who are just about ready to be warriors." Ok, fox was sorted, moving on to the prey problem.

"I've noticed that about the river as well... We should try not to over fish in it if it can be helped... perhaps a patrol to investigate any potential reason for the lack of fish would be a good idea too...

"Regarding Cattail Pond..."
very marginally, the expression on her face lightened, "Rushwater actually came to me very recently with a plan for that - I wanted to discuss it more at the next meeting, but, in it's most basic form, the plan boils down to using Cattail Pond as a distraction while we reclaim a far older wound: Firefly Cove."

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallulah (Post 1525625)
Wingkit
He/him | 5 moons | No purrks
Even though a small part of him knew that Larkstar wasn't truly mad, Wingkit still felt... outside of everything. The piercing glare of Fishfreckle was what he saw every time he closed his eyes - a reminder that he was a problem. Problems always got dealt with, right? So Wingkit had kept his guard up sense then, unable to really allow himself to sleep longer than a couple hours each night.

"Yeah, well..." He wasn't sure how to react to this, already his gaze going back to his paws. It was uncomfortable, entirely uncomfortable and a situation that he just wanted to bolt from. He'd only come to say he was sorry because... because... well, Wing wasn't really sure. "Anyways, I wanted to asks something." Getting to the other point of being here. This time he lifted his gaze up to his aunt and it was narrowed. "I don't wants my apprentice ceremony done during a meeting. I don't wants... I don't wants anyone to chant my name, or come nears me, or do any of that stuffs. You can give Honeys his, but when the time comes, I just want it done not at a meeting. Maybe here, or..." There, it was out. He wasn't sure how apprentice ceremonies worked, but there was something in his gut that made him not want it to happen in front of the entire Clan. He just wanted to keep his head down and focus on his training - and avenging his dad. That was all.

[ @FrostyGalaxy ]

Oh... oh, her heart aches for him. Clearly, having the spotlight forced onto him in a way that was... less than positive wasn't great for his psyche. Had a clan cat ever had a ceremony that wasn't done before the whole clan before? She didn't think so. At least, it hadn't happened in as far back as she could remember. She wanted to listen to Wingkit's request, to grant it right now, but... was this something along the lines of being a poor leader that Fishface would scoff at her about? Well... maybe if she proposed a compromise it would be fine?

"How about this," she starts, and she moves to sit beside him, her tail moving to curl around his smaller form if he'd let her, "we have two ceremonies for you - one that's just us and we do it first, we can even do it right now if that's what you'd like, and the second one can be with the clan. The first one will be the only one that counts, though. You can use the second one as a way to stand next to your brother, to support him and be by his side. The only difference is that you and I will know your naming is redundant - the second time is just for show. How's that sound?" She should also ask who he wanted for a mentor while she's here, but that can wait until he either accepts or doesn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kass (Post 1525721)
( unknown clan name ) / habit
puffing up his cheeks the small kit stared at the ground. Seemingly unwilling to tattle on his adoptive brother even if he did say some hurtful things. Aunty larky..when will I ever get a clan name? I’ve just been joking around as habit and I’ve been thinking about a few names however I’m unsure of them. with hopeful eyes he raised his head and stared at his aunt. I wanna be named after a bird just like you and papa falcon! Even wingkit has a name similar to a bird if you think about it.. @FrostyGalaxy

( sorry it’s so short and I want you to pick a name for him ^^ )

"Falcon... he never gave you a clan name..?" It shouldn't surprise her. He's a deadbeat. He's dead and he's the worst and he was only present enough in this kids life to bring the poor thing to camp. Another reason to be mad at him. Another reason to hate him.

"A bird name, huh? Ok, let me think for a moment..." There's so many bird related things to possibly choose from, it's almost overwhelming. She shouldn't be the one who has to give her nephew a clan name. Why hadn't her idiot brother managed to do something as simple as that? "Hmm, how about... Finch, Downy or Shrikekit? Which do you like best?"

[STILL OFFERING SHRIKE AS AN OPTION BECAUSE I KINDA LOVE THAT NAME]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiftheart <3 (Post 1526122)
Echoheart paused as she entered Larkwings den. She sat in front of Larkwing, her tail twitching. “Hey, Lark… I know you’ve been having a hard time lately, and I was wondering if I could help you in any way? Maybe become a lionheart? I just want to help you, even if I’m not a deputy.” Echoheart asked, heart beating anxiously. @FrostyGalaxy
[not sure if she/they meet the lionheart requirements?? Echo just wants to help, sweet girl :’) <3]

"Well, I'll definitely keep you in mind if one of the Lionheart positions empties for any reason," Lark half snorts to herself, a specific cat in mind. "But, for right now, the best ways to help out are volunteering for patrols and going on any that aren't deputy assigned too. If you notice we're low on prey or you hear Tansypaw say something about being short on herbs - offer to go out. As much as I'd like to be, I can't be everywhere at once, so acting when you see something needs action is always going to be appreciated."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bean (Post 1527102)
Bitterpaw
RiverClan apprentice

The scarred, marroon pelt of a certain whiney apprentice rushed into larkstar's den. "LARKBUTT! LARKBUTT WHERE ARE YOUUUU!" he whined, ears flat.

[ @FrostyGalaxy - here be a whiney bitter for larks ]

Oh boy, this is going to be a fun conversation, Lark can already tell. "Yes, Bitterpaw?" She asks, exasperated, as she turns toward the entrance to her den, a little surprised the apprentice hadn't just barged in.

lesbianism January 1st, 2024 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy (Post 1528223)
"No, no! I appreciate your perspective very much!" Larkstar quickly assures. There's so much happening all the time... every minute she thinks she has a handle on it, something else happens to drag her deeper and deeper into the well of nonsense, trouble, tribulations and danger they are all facing. "Yes... I think a fox patrol would be wise... You're more than welcome to lead it, take with you whoever you think will be best suited - but... if you plan to take any apprentices, I'd stick to those who are just about ready to be warriors." Ok, fox was sorted, moving on to the prey problem.

"I've noticed that about the river as well... We should try not to over fish in it if it can be helped... perhaps a patrol to investigate any potential reason for the lack of fish would be a good idea too...

"Regarding Cattail Pond..." very marginally, the expression on her face lightened, "Rushwater actually came to me very recently with a plan for that - I wanted to discuss it more at the next meeting, but, in it's most basic form, the plan boils down to using Cattail Pond as a distraction while we reclaim a far older wound: Firefly Cove."

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=45210
r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 121 moons - RiverClan - lesbian
"No young apprentices," she confirmed. "While I'm sure she'll volunteer, young Adderpaw will be left out of it," she mewed, only half-joking. Perhaps I'll ask Swanbreeze to keep an eye on her in case she tries to follow us out of camp...

She blinked in surprise at hearing Rushwater's plan, briefly taken aback. Firefly Cove... it had been moons since she'd thought about that patch of territory. ThunderClan had taken it from them in Skystar's.... brief stint as leader. They hadn't exactly been in any position to take it back since, RiverClan's leaders dropping like flies, but with a diversion...

"I hadn't thought about Firefly Cove in a long while," she admitted, "but it sounds like a good plan. ThunderClan will be expecting us to take back the pond, but the cove has been uncontested for moons. It's not just a good plan either, it's good territory too. It's a fine spot to teach the kits to swim if we take it back by newleaf, and will put extra prey on the pile."
It still bothered her that Cattail Pond was as good as useless to ThunderClan, but they could always take it back at a later date. Besides... she had fond memories of the cove, and she was sure others in the clan would too.

Swiftheart <3 January 1st, 2024 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy (Post 1528223)

"Regarding Cattail Pond..."
very marginally, the expression on her face lightened, "Rushwater actually came to me very recently with a plan for that - I wanted to discuss it more at the next meeting, but, in it's most basic form, the plan boils down to using Cattail Pond as a distraction while we reclaim a far older wound: Firefly Cove."

Oh... oh, her heart aches for him. Clearly, having the spotlight forced onto him in a way that was... less than positive wasn't great for his psyche. Had a clan cat ever had a ceremony that wasn't done before the whole clan before? She didn't think so. At least, it hadn't happened in as far back as she could remember. She wanted to listen to Wingkit's request, to grant it right now, but... was this something along the lines of being a poor leader that Fishface would scoff at her about? Well... maybe if she proposed a compromise it would be fine?

"How about this," she starts, and she moves to sit beside him, her tail moving to curl around his smaller form if he'd let her, "we have two ceremonies for you - one that's just us and we do it first, we can even do it right now if that's what you'd like, and the second one can be with the clan. The first one will be the only one that counts, though. You can use the second one as a way to stand next to your brother, to support him and be by his side. The only difference is that you and I will know your naming is redundant - the second time is just for show. How's that sound?" She should also ask who he wanted for a mentor while she's here, but that can wait until he either accepts or doesn't.

"Falcon... he never gave you a clan name..?" It shouldn't surprise her. He's a deadbeat. He's dead and he's the worst and he was only present enough in this kids life to bring the poor thing to camp. Another reason to be mad at him. Another reason to hate him.

"A bird name, huh? Ok, let me think for a moment..." There's so many bird related things to possibly choose from, it's almost overwhelming. She shouldn't be the one who has to give her nephew a clan name. Why hadn't her idiot brother managed to do something as simple as that? "Hmm, how about... Finch, Downy or Shrikekit? Which do you like best?"

[STILL OFFERING SHRIKE AS AN OPTION BECAUSE I KINDA LOVE THAT NAME]

"Well, I'll definitely keep you in mind if one of the Lionheart positions empties for any reason," Lark half snorts to herself, a specific cat in mind. "But, for right now, the best ways to help out are volunteering for patrols and going on any that aren't deputy assigned too. If you notice we're low on prey or you hear Tansypaw say something about being short on herbs - offer to go out. As much as I'd like to be, I can't be everywhere at once, so acting when you see something needs action is always going to be appreciated."

Oh boy, this is going to be a fun conversation, Lark can already tell. "Yes, Bitterpaw?" She asks, exasperated, as she turns toward the entrance to her den, a little surprised the apprentice hadn't just barged in.

“Allright. I’m happy to help.” Echoheart smiled softly, as she turned to leave the den.

Bean January 1st, 2024 04:13 PM

Bitterpaw
RiverClan apprentice

As soon as he saw Larkbutt, he raced over. "Larkbutt! Larkbutt!" he said, leaping up and down. "I can become a warrior! Trust me! Just watch," he said excitedly. He crouched down, aiming for Larkbutt's tail. He wiggled his butt before leaping and tumbling over into the wall of the den. "That was just a warm-up! This stupid den is waaaay too small!" he whined, rubbing his face. "Plus, If im a warrior, I can sleep all day! And grumble about the stupid apprentices! See larks, Im totes ready to be a warrior!" he said, giving his best growl [aka, baby simba roar]. He swiped at his mentor's head, but missed yet again. He lost his balance, and crashed over and into the den wall [again]. Not wanting to blame his skills for being too amazing he totes doesnt know what hes doing., he got up. "WOOOOWWWWW HOW COULD YOU LARKBUTT? WHY DID YOU DO THAT?????" he whined. Cool cool, pin the blame on his mentor who just happened to be the leader and did nothing wrong. Foolproof.

[ @FrostyGalaxy - Lark is in for a treat ]