Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Borders (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Thunderglade (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79)

Quasar June 18th, 2022 01:45 PM

Re: Thunderglade

Fleapaw | he/they/it | @sid @AshCloud67 sorry for the delay ;;

Fleapaw hopped happily after the two warriors as they headed out, ears perked and tail waving behind it. Sure it was only a patrol, but that was better than being cooped up in camp all day. Soon Darkpetal was splitting off from the group, so that meant they obviously should as well, right? Right! They dashed off without a second thought, eagerly rubbing against anything and everything in sight.

RavensCall June 19th, 2022 07:08 AM

Darkpetal made sure everything was alright and there weren’t any intruders on the northern Thunder/Wind border.

furrensic June 19th, 2022 07:58 PM

@AshCloud67 @Atticus
gonna wrap this up real quick and have him report ^^ //

➵ cornfuzz | he/him

finishing his part of the border, cornfuzz turned to look at fleapaw and darkpetal. yeahhh, they looked done.. fleapaw was pretty much rubbing on everything in sight, and darkpetal was just looking around. "alright!! come on guys, we can race back to camp!" he grinned, turning on his heel and sprinting off.

Quasar June 19th, 2022 10:34 PM

Fleapaw | he/they/it | @sid @AshCloud67

Soon enough the small cat finished up with his part, but as he turned around to head back to the others it became apparent that maybe Darkpetal didn't really know how patrols worked....yikes. "HEY!!" It called out to the warrior, " You know you're supposed to, like, actually do things on a patrol? Make the borders smell like us again! But you're just looking around, what gives???!!!" its cheeks puffed out as it stared sharply at the older cat, paws stamping into the ground. As soon as Cornfuzz spoke up, though, that look was soon replaced with an eager grin as they dashed over in pursuit of the tom.

RavensCall June 20th, 2022 12:38 AM

Darkpetal looked down. “I-I’m really sorry!” He said. Darkpetal quickly marked the border with his scent before returning back to camp
@Atticus @sid

Poprock June 27th, 2022 03:50 PM

@Castle (Hey sorry responses have been so slow. For timeline sake this takes place before the Windclan patrol due on July 4th.)
---
He could tell she was apprehensive of him. Her childish excitement at the thought of a brand-new mentor all but vanished once he opened his mouth. Of course Ms. Leader stuck me with an apprentice. I must have not been contributing enough to Windclan. Ugh. I bet this is a test to make me more responsible or whatever... He looked back at Beepaw with slightly squinted eyes, trying to get a better read on her.

He couldn't help the slight guilt that suddenly struck him. He could remember his days as an apprentice easily, he was one not even six moons ago. He had to beg Alderhawk to take him out of the territory, even if he had to work. Younger Acornnose just wanted to experience the world around him, one that wasn't locked within the boring Windclan camp. It seemed Beepaw had a bit of the same interest. Who was he to snuff that out?

Reaching the border, he whipped around with a burst of energy. It gleamed in his squinted green eyes and shot through his whole body. Sure it was a bit much, but he had to make it up to the stinker some how. "Kitto, this is the Thunderclan border! You know what those squirrels are known for?" He waited a moment for her answer before angling his gaze up to the trees. Faint claw marks scattered the bark, no doubt a Thunderclanner's doing. "Those weirdo's can climb. Don't know why... but uh. Ya. Anyways! Your first test of this tour. You, Baby Bee, are going to catch me a squirrel! GO!"

He shot off into the bushes before she could question him, hiding himself from her view. This would be a good way for him to see her hunting skills, as well as how well she took orders. And maybe it would also be entertaining to watch.

Doom June 28th, 2022 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfall (Post 1222141)
@Castle (Hey sorry responses have been so slow. For timeline sake this takes place before the Windclan patrol due on July 4th.)
---
He could tell she was apprehensive of him. Her childish excitement at the thought of a brand-new mentor all but vanished once he opened his mouth. Of course Ms. Leader stuck me with an apprentice. I must have not been contributing enough to Windclan. Ugh. I bet this is a test to make me more responsible or whatever... He looked back at Beepaw with slightly squinted eyes, trying to get a better read on her.

He couldn't help the slight guilt that suddenly struck him. He could remember his days as an apprentice easily, he was one not even six moons ago. He had to beg Alderhawk to take him out of the territory, even if he had to work. Younger Acornnose just wanted to experience the world around him, one that wasn't locked within the boring Windclan camp. It seemed Beepaw had a bit of the same interest. Who was he to snuff that out?

Reaching the border, he whipped around with a burst of energy. It gleamed in his squinted green eyes and shot through his whole body. Sure it was a bit much, but he had to make it up to the stinker some how. "Kitto, this is the Thunderclan border! You know what those squirrels are known for?" He waited a moment for her answer before angling his gaze up to the trees. Faint claw marks scattered the bark, no doubt a Thunderclanner's doing. "Those weirdo's can climb. Don't know why... but uh. Ya. Anyways! Your first test of this tour. You, Baby Bee, are going to catch me a squirrel! GO!"

He shot off into the bushes before she could question him, hiding himself from her view. This would be a good way for him to see her hunting skills, as well as how well she took orders. And maybe it would also be entertaining to watch.

Hurrying after her new mentor, Beepaw felt a rush of adrenaline. She'd been waiting for this moment for nearly a whole moon now; she almost thought nobody would want to train her, but oh boy, was she glad she was wrong!

When Acornnose lead her to Thunderglade, she audibly gasped. "Whoa! I've never been this far from camp before!" She leaned over to try and see around him; eyes glittering with interest to catch a glimpse at the mysterious forest, but her mentor was already booming in her face about squirrels. She followed his gaze up to the treetops, feeling a little flustered. "Oh, um, they're good at...climbing?" She trailed off a bit when she caught a glance at the clawmarks. Was he suggesting that was the doing of a squirrel or..?

Before Beepaw could even fill in the blanks, Acornnose set her off with a task -- catch a squirrel! "Wait, what? How do I even--" Suddenly, her mentor was gone behind some bushes. "Oookay..."

Stunned, Beepaw stood there awkwardly for several moments, unsure of how to approach the situation. However, she was still feeling the adrenaline from before, and there was an urgency in the air, so eventually the tortoiseshell she-cat got moving. She was hesitant, but determined. Beepaw began sniffing and tasting the air. It was hard to smell anything over ThunderClan's scent marks, but she knew there had to be squirrels around here somewhere. She just had to be cautious not to cross the border....

Trailing along the border, Beepaw eventually spotted a gray squirrel hunched beneath a tree, munching on what looked like some kind of nut. Finally! Her face lit up with excitement as she looked over her shoulder, hoping to catch a proud glance of her mentor, but he was still in the bushes somewhere...right.

Turning her attention back on the squirrel, she thought carefully on how to approach the situation. Should I just try and catch it before it runs up the tree...? Though before she could consider her actions, the squirrel had caught sight of her. They stared at each other frozen in time. What do I do? Her heart race increased. Then, in sync, they took off. Beepaw darted after the squirrel with great speed, but before she even got close to it, the rodent had already ran up the tree to safety.

Unable to react in time and properly slow her speed, the apprentice tripped at her attempt and went tumbling into the tree -- "Acornnose, Acornnose, ACORNNO-" tHMPP. Some leaves shook off the branches and floated down on her. "Ow." Beepaw mewed flatly. She was upside down with her back against the tree.

duckie June 30th, 2022 09:33 PM

[Optional Prompt: Someone spots a weirdly shaped rock on the other side of the border. Is it a sign from StarClan?! (It's not)]
"Sootflare, take Acornnose, Cobwebpaw, and Beepaw to the ThunderClan border."

SOOTFLARE

Everyone gathered quickly enough and Sootflare didn't feel the need to engage in pleasantries before they set out. He led the way to the border in silence, making no attempt at small talk.

"Have either of you been on a border patrol before?" he finally raised his voice as they approached, glancing back at the pair of apprentices.

[ @Castle @Naiad @Rockfall sorry for the short reply :heartbounce:]

Poprock July 1st, 2022 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle (Post 1222657)
Hurrying after her new mentor, Beepaw felt a rush of adrenaline. She'd been waiting for this moment for nearly a whole moon now; she almost thought nobody would want to train her, but oh boy, was she glad she was wrong!

When Acornnose lead her to Thunderglade, she audibly gasped. "Whoa! I've never been this far from camp before!" She leaned over to try and see around him; eyes glittering with interest to catch a glimpse at the mysterious forest, but her mentor was already booming in her face about squirrels. She followed his gaze up to the treetops, feeling a little flustered. "Oh, um, they're good at...climbing?" She trailed off a bit when she caught a glance at the clawmarks. Was he suggesting that was the doing of a squirrel or..?

Before Beepaw could even fill in the blanks, Acornnose set her off with a task -- catch a squirrel! "Wait, what? How do I even--" Suddenly, her mentor was gone behind some bushes. "Oookay..."

Stunned, Beepaw stood there awkwardly for several moments, unsure of how to approach the situation. However, she was still feeling the adrenaline from before, and there was an urgency in the air, so eventually the tortoiseshell she-cat got moving. She was hesitant, but determined. Beepaw began sniffing and tasting the air. It was hard to smell anything over ThunderClan's scent marks, but she knew there had to be squirrels around here somewhere. She just had to be cautious not to cross the border....

Trailing along the border, Beepaw eventually spotted a gray squirrel hunched beneath a tree, munching on what looked like some kind of nut. Finally! Her face lit up with excitement as she looked over her shoulder, hoping to catch a proud glance of her mentor, but he was still in the bushes somewhere...right.

Turning her attention back on the squirrel, she thought carefully on how to approach the situation. Should I just try and catch it before it runs up the tree...? Though before she could consider her actions, the squirrel had caught sight of her. They stared at each other frozen in time. What do I do? Her heart race increased. Then, in sync, they took off. Beepaw darted after the squirrel with great speed, but before she even got close to it, the rodent had already ran up the tree to safety.

Unable to react in time and properly slow her speed, the apprentice tripped at her attempt and went tumbling into the tree -- "Acornnose, Acornnose, ACORNNO-" tHMPP. Some leaves shook off the branches and floated down on her. "Ow." Beepaw mewed flatly. She was upside down with her back against the tree.

Man did he wish he had something to snack on while Beepaw did her thing, this was entertainment at its finest! From his leafy hideaway, he watched with barely stifled snickers and a toothy grin as his apprentice tried to process her new task. Thinking back, was she a reassignment or a brand-new apprentice? Had she ever learned the basic hunters crouch? She had mentioned she'd never been this way before... Oh geez what if the runt ran over those useless border lines and got herself into hot water!? Acornnose was more of a run away and hide guy as opposed to a fighter. Unless Beepaw had some super secret hidden ninja moves they would both be goners if an angry squirrel popped up. He shuddered at the idea of his brother showing his stupid face. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea....

His name echoing throughout the Thunderglade only heightened his worry. Not only was the she-cat clearly in trouble, but her calls were scaring off all the prey! What was this all about if he didn't get a good meal out of it? With a huff, the small tom sprang from the bushes like a bunny rabbit. With Thunderclan and Windclan blood pumping through his veins, he was able to reach Beepaw just in time to -- OOF.

Don't laugh, don't laugh, DON'T LAUGH!

"Interesting tactic." He teased, standing over her upside down body with a smile. "Personally, I would have gone for more of a subtle approach, but maybe you frightened him so bad the lil' guy had a heart attack in the tree!" Eyeing the branches with mock concentration, as if the prey would fall on cue.
"Have uh... have you ever been trained on this kind of thing before, or am I being a total jerk right now?" For the first time since the two had met, genuine concern (although barely there) flashed in his eyes.

beau July 2nd, 2022 06:04 PM

Cobwebpaw followed behind his mentor, ears twitching as he surveyed the territory. It had been a while since he had been to the ThunderClan border. Come to think of it, had anyone ever bothered giving him a proper territory tour? Regardless, he was fairly certain he must've come over here at some point in time, even if it was just to look for spiders. The oak tree near the border provided a good place for creepy-crawlies to hide, making it an ideal bug-hunting spot.

The tabby glanced up as Sootflare began asking questions. Hmph. This one might require a more complex answer. Cobwebpaw had been on a patrol before, but it was with the tunnelers and underground - a far cry from your traditional patrol. The apprentice decided a shake of his head would be a sufficient answer.

@duckie @Rockfall @Castle