Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Seastones (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Seastones (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74)

pomegranate February 6th, 2019 09:46 AM

Re: The Infirmary

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okapi (Post 569765)
Eveningkit looked up at Ringpaw,” I would love a phesent, but if you don’t have any because it’s leafbare another bird will do.” She meowed,” I know you will treat me.” She meowed

Ringpaw smiled reassuringly. "I'll see what I can do." She purred softly, her fur flattening as she readjusted her shoulders in an attempt to stretch. "Now you get some rest, if you can't sleep just come and find me or Shinefang. But it's best for you to sleep. I'll bring you a pheasant sometime soon." She meowed, before checking to make sure that the kit had eaten all of the herbs.

Deerlie February 6th, 2019 02:37 PM

Re: Quarantine Zone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentine Wolf (Post 567924)

Sparrowfur got up and walked over to the tiny kit and curled up around her trying to help her calm down and stay warm. "It's ok little one, I will stay here and make sure you stay warm." she licked the kit's tiny head then settled her own head on her paws.

her pelt felt hot to the touch. Well, thats maybe because she felt on fire. Her eyes closed and she coughed, lookin away from the other cat.

shamerock wolf February 6th, 2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer of Madness (Post 569799)
her pelt felt hot to the touch. Well, thats maybe because she felt on fire. Her eyes closed and she coughed, lookin away from the other cat.

she touched the kit with her nose gently. "What is your name?, I am Sparrowfur"

Madelaine February 7th, 2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmer (Post 569625)
The next cat that Shinefang and Ringpaw were set to treat stuck out to Shinefang right away. When he saw her swollen belly and recognized the expecting queen, Curltail, the cold shock hit him first. Starclan, no...

Herbs could be dangerous for expecting queens and their kits under the best of circumstances. He himself had advised Ringpaw to try and avoid it when she could. Thinking of his apprentice, he shot a glance over his shoulder, set his mouthful of catmint down and leaned in to speak softly with his apprentice. "I know I told you not to give herbs to a pregnant shecat if you don't have to. This is the exception. I don't know what the herbs will do to her kits...but if she doesn't get treatment, she'll die. And if she dies, the kits will die too."

At that moment, a wheeze seized in the old cat's throat that broke into a brief but violent fit of coughing. With a glance, he pleaded with his apprentice to say nothing before picking up some catmint leaves and moving toward the queen.

@pomegranate

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomegranate (Post 569633)

Ringpaw looked up, her eyes wide in utter shock. Going against the rules? Was it worth trying to save the queen if there was a chance her kits might die? Wouldn’t it be best to let her fight the sickness off of rest and food? “But-“ Ringpaw met her mentor’s eyes and ducked her head. Nevermind, she thought to herself. His gaze was distraught as he coughed, and the best Ringpaw could do was brush her pelt against his in comfort as they moved towards the queen.
Her face tightened into a forced smile as the two approached her side by side. Ringpaw tried to loosen up her expression, make it seem natural, but it still looked fake. Nervous chatter seemed the way to go, but she bit her tongue. It wasn’t worth accidentally saying the wrong thing. She wanted to assure the queen that she would be fine, her kits wouldn’t be hurt, or that giving her herbs was a safe route, but Ringpaw hated when cats lied so why would she do that herself? Besides, she couldn’t say that. It would scare the queen. It was bad enough with the sickness, they didn’t need a panicking molly. Ringpaw wanted to comfort herself, and just wrap her tail around herself in an effort to slow her heart from pounding against her chest.
@Blissy

Curltail opened her eyes slowly, letting out a fit of coughs. She glanced at the medicine cats with hopeful eyes. The queen closed her eyes once again and she had no strength to open them back up. Curltail shifted a bit, trying to make herself comfortable. It didn't work out and she felt her body give out a shiver as a cold chill ran through her.

gemini February 10th, 2019 08:50 AM

Re: Seastones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta (Post 568527)
Glazepaw smiled again. "I'm glad you're in a better place now," he purred. He mindlessly brushed a few more pine needles from her pelt. "I think it's very brave that you moved. It must've taken a lot of courage." It was almost as bright as day with the moon and stars shining overhead, but the white apprentice could feel a cloud of sleep surrounding him, pulling his eyelids shut. He blinked a couple times and shook his head slightly, trying to stay up. He wanted to stay here with Moonpaw--the night wasn't nearly half over yet, and they hadn't been able to talk that much--but he knew that he to be up early tomorrow for training with Owlflame. He turned his mismatched gaze to the night sky, trying to distract himself from his sleepiness. It's so peaceful here.

blue eyes focused in on the white pelt next to her, as the moonlight made it sparkle in a way that made her love sea stones. As the dark waters on the shore began to show the slightest shade of violet her body flinched, they had to leave before sunrise. The small ragdoll flicked her tail up to the sky, pointing out the purple streaks running through it. “It’s still hard..” she meowed her sky blue eyes wide a look of anticipation on her gray face as she wanted to stay in this moment for as long as she could, yet she couldn’t hide it, she was freezing. Her pelt pricked with the cold leaf bare air. “I can’t stand it that we have to leave soon...” her soft meow slipped out under her breath a look of surprise played her face at the fact that the words had escaped her mouth, a look of excitement sitting on her pointy muzzle. It was an exciting time for her the one time that Moonpaw really tricky felt happy.

Charmer February 10th, 2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blissy (Post 570062)

Curltail opened her eyes slowly, letting out a fit of coughs. She glanced at the medicine cats with hopeful eyes. The queen closed her eyes once again and she had no strength to open them back up. Curltail shifted a bit, trying to make herself comfortable. It didn't work out and she felt her body give out a shiver as a cold chill ran through her.

@pomegranate

"Curltail. It's Shinefang and Ringpaw." The old tom spoke to the queen with a rare tenderness in his voice. "I know you're tired. We won't bother you for long." With a slow, deliberate push of his paw, Shinefang set two, precious catmint leaves in front of the shecat. "This will help you and your little ones feel much better... I promise. You're going to feel better soon." The golden tom kept a warm smile on his maw as he said these words. But inside, his heart was pounding. As if his eye was playing tricks on him, for a split second, Curltail looked exactly like his mate has looked as she, also heavy with kits, had fought for her life...and lost. He swallowed as his meal from earlier threatened to come back up. "Ringpaw will make sure you eat it all," he added hastily as he hurried away to the outskirts. There, he vomitted, violently. Then, wiping his mouth off on the back of his paw, he moved to the next cat.

Charmer February 10th, 2019 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomegranate (Post 569774)

Ringpaw smiled reassuringly. "I'll see what I can do." She purred softly, her fur flattening as she readjusted her shoulders in an attempt to stretch. "Now you get some rest, if you can't sleep just come and find me or Shinefang. But it's best for you to sleep. I'll bring you a pheasant sometime soon." She meowed, before checking to make sure that the kit had eaten all of the herbs.

@pomegranate @Okapi

Shinefang nodded as he and his apprentice moved to the next patient. Mentally, the old tom made a note to spend more time with Ringpaw in the nursery. She seemed to have a way with kits.

pomegranate February 10th, 2019 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmer (Post 570959)
@pomegranate @Okapi

Shinefang nodded as he and his apprentice moved to the next patient. Mentally, the old tom made a note to spend more time with Ringpaw in the nursery. She seemed to have a way with kits.

@Okapi

A few hours had passed, and Ringpaw returned to the infirmary with jaws full. She had a few small mice hanging by their tails, and as she walked around she dropped them off at the oldest elders and such. But she kept the most important piece of prey in her mouth. She felt bad as she passed by some felines who watched the apprentice leave them with food still left, but she couldn’t explain why she wasn’t giving them the bird.
She had found a small pheasant in the bottom of the kill pile, a scrawny one but it was food, wasn’t it? Approaching the small kit ahead of her, Ringpaw Met eyes with Eveningkit.
“I’m back!” She chirped. “Would you like me to strip it, or would you like to try?” She meowed happily, mumbling around the feathers. Maybe some activity would keep Eveningkit entertained for a little while.

pomegranate February 10th, 2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmer (Post 570958)
@pomegranate

"Curltail. It's Shinefang and Ringpaw." The old tom spoke to the queen with a rare tenderness in his voice. "I know you're tired. We won't bother you for long." With a slow, deliberate push of his paw, Shinefang set two, precious catmint leaves in front of the shecat. "This will help you and your little ones feel much better... I promise. You're going to feel better soon." The golden tom kept a warm smile on his maw as he said these words. But inside, his heart was pounding. As if his eye was playing tricks on him, for a split second, Curltail looked exactly like his mate has looked as she, also heavy with kits, had fought for her life...and lost. He swallowed as his meal from earlier threatened to come back up. "Ringpaw will make sure you eat it all," he added hastily as he hurried away to the outskirts. There, he vomitted, violently. Then, wiping his mouth off on the back of his paw, he moved to the next cat.

@Blissy

As Shinefang walked away, Ringpaw watched his hasty escape. Opening her mouth to ask him what was wrong, she lifted one paw up in an attempt to grab his attention, but the old tom was already gone, his tail disappearing. She had seen the fear in his eyes, and she badly wanted to run after him. But she had a queen to take care of.
Plastering on a smile, she turned to Curltail. This was the time to focus on this molly, not Shinefang, even though she was concerned. “Hi!” She chirruped happily, trying to remain calm and welcoming. “I’m Ringpaw- you probably knew that. Curltail, right?” After all, it was her job to know and care for the cats of Skyclan, she might as well be friendly and get to know them. She nudged the herbs a bit closer so the queen wouldn’t have to move much.

silvertail000 February 11th, 2019 07:23 PM

@Peachy
Cherrypaw went into the infirmary, coughing quite wildly. She couldn't talk at all too say how bad she felt. It felt like her whole mouth was cracked and cut. Coughing still, she shuddered at the thought of dying. She was always worried about dying.