Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Borders (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Whispering Wetlands (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76)

beau October 31st, 2021 02:04 PM

Re: Whispering Wetlands

Despite flinching herself at the loud squawk which echoed overhead, Orchidmoon rolled her eyes at Wolfwhisper's reaction. "Yes, we're fine." She mewed flatly. If she had been a better mood, she would have perhaps teased the tom, or even created some spooky story, but today was a no-smiles kind of day. Her green gaze scanned the border carefully. She was more concerned about any Windclan cats deciding today was the day they'd try and take on a Shadowclan patrol than a crow. The molly almost scoffed - that wouldn't be very smart decision on Windclan's part. The poor bunnies were so skinny, she didn't know how they didn't simply blow away in the wind. The chocolate she-cat stalked over to begin remarking the border, ready to get this patrol over with.

@x ghostie @Shade.

Shade. October 31st, 2021 02:40 PM

@x ghostie @Naiad

Rookpaw walked calmly. She heard the sqwack and looked up. A raven flew overhead. She honestly didn't get particularly startled. She liked ravens. But it definitely seemed to startle Wolfwhisper. It made her snort, trying to suppress a smug laugh. Orchidmoon didn't seem impressed either.
Rookpaw rubbed her scent along the border calmly. She honestly felt a little bad for WindClan. She had pretty stunted empathy, but she also had a friend there and was well aware of how unjust this whole thing was.

wolfie October 31st, 2021 10:10 PM

@Naiad @Shade.
Wolfwhisper leaned, gently lapping at his shoulder for comfort to his nerves. It seemed like neither Rookpaw or Orchidmoon were as frightened as he was - not unusual but aaa,, maybe they just didn't know how dangerous crows were!! Have you've ever seen them with their.. beady little eyes... truly intimidating. They held secrets no man should know.

This was rather a trail of thoughts and the warrior began to zone out, almost completely missing Rookpaw's and Orchidmoon's confirmation. A sigh of relief escaped him and he nodded. He turns around and began to remark the border, brushing up against the nearby scenery. His mind was simply no thoughts. At least he tried to keep it that way! It was much preferred.

Once Wolfwhisper finished what he was doing and it seemed like the others had too he lead them back to camp.

Toodle November 9th, 2021 10:35 AM

Gingercry slowed as he approached the border, gusts of the airy Windclan scent washed over his nostrils. The clouds in the sky brought a chill out but luckily not one strong enough to penetrate his thick orange coat. He looked back at Puffinpaw. "Don't worry about being so excited, I know clan duties are novel and interesting, till you've done them countless times." He smiled good-humouredly at the sour white apprentice.

At least he was here, which was better than many others. Gingercry turned his attention back to the border and marked a pine tree.
@:Grimmlin: @soggyfruuit

marshy November 12th, 2021 10:50 AM

// @Toodle @soggyfruit

Puffinpaw

Puffinpaw was feeling a bit tired from all the training he'd been doing and honestly just wanted to get this patrol over with. His mentor had shown him what marking a border was so when they reached the border, he marked a few rocks and then looked to Gingercry for approval.

Toodle November 12th, 2021 03:52 PM

Gingercry continued to mark as he moved down the border, keeping his senses out for any signs of something amiss. He periodically glanced back at Puffinpaw. The apprentice kept up well and seemed to know what he was doing. Though the young tom had a bit of a standoffish attitude, Poisonpetal seemed to still be able to get the lessons through to him. Puffinpaw clearly wasn't the chatty type but, unfortunately for him, Gingercry was. "Don't fall behind the old man, it won't be a good look," he chuckled. "Is Poisonpetal keeping you busy? Seems like you could fall asleep on your paws." Gingercry enjoyed being out in the forest so he was in no hurry, he was rarely ever in any hurry, but his young patrol mate didn't seem to want to dawdle so he kept his pace steady.
@:Grimmlin:

marshy November 12th, 2021 09:27 PM

// @Toodle

Puffinpaw

"That is very true! I can't let the other apprentices think i'm not keeping up, that would bring a bad name to my mother! At least.. i think that's how it works. Not like she'd care anyway, maybe she would actually if she ever came back." That comment brought Puffinpaw back as he definitely didn't want to be seen falling behind an old fart. "I barely see that guy! And when I do, its blah blah keep your posture right blah blah. I mean, he does teach me stuff but not enough! Wish i had some more battle training at LEAST." Puffinpaw did begin to speed up, as to signal Gingercry to speed up a bit.

Toodle November 13th, 2021 06:24 PM

Gingercry smiled as the apprentice seemed to pick up at his comment. He laughed lightly. "Eh, let the mothers have a bad name brought on them. You and I have that in common. Unless mine's in Starclan, then she'd never know either."

Gingercry picked up his pace to keep up with the younger cat. He let the thought sink in. It upset the senior warrior that so many warriors nowadays were slacking so bad on their mentoring. It used to be such a sense of pride to have and train an apprentice, it was a privilege. Nowadays it seemed so many took it as a chore that they could just avoid and the young cats of the clan suffered for it. What a shame. If he didn't have two of his own apprentices he may have offered to take on some of the apprentice's training. "Well, if you ever want to join some training sessions with my apprentices then you are more than welcome." He paused to mark a low frond then continued forward.
@:Grimmlin:

tomatosoup November 20th, 2021 11:26 AM

@Rapid @mystical

Nightfoot led the way down towards the WindClan border, being sure to keep his pace up despite his aching leg. He glanced behind at Lilacpaw, and then further out to see if Sharptooth had caught up with them.

"Spread out," he meowed, simply. "Keep your ears open. They're probably still mad about losing Sky Glade, and I don't want to be caught unawares if someone decides to try their luck. Come on."

Duststripe November 20th, 2021 11:28 AM

"HIIIIIIII" shouted Sandkit

Rapid November 20th, 2021 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=tomatosoup;1100108]@Rapid @mystical

Nightfoot led the way down towards the WindClan border, being sure to keep his pace up despite his aching leg. He glanced behind at Lilacpaw, and then further out to see if Sharptooth had caught up with them.

"Spread out," he meowed, simply. "Keep your ears open. They're probably still mad about losing Sky Glade, and I don't want to be caught unawares if someone decides to try their luck. Come on."[/QUOTE

Sharptooth nodded her head. "Will do and be careful,"she said to the two. Walking away she trots over close to the border and sniffs around to see if anything of Windclan scent has crossed over.

taillow November 23rd, 2021 09:05 PM

Bravebird
What a waste. As dark heather paws trotted along the WindClan side of the border, narrowed blue eyes shot a venomous glare into the shadowy pine forest that concealed ShadowClan territory. She had come out this way to gather extra materials for the rebuilding of the dens, but like it always did her growing hatred towards the toad-hearted warriors distracted her. Bravebird felt her claws slide in and out, imaging ShadowClan fur underneath instead of heather and flattened moorland grass. She would never kill another warrior - the code forbade it - but great StarClan what she wouldn't give to just have a "talk" with one of them.

Most of them were much larger than her, though Bravebird herself was taller and slightly bigger than the average WindClan cat. She could certainly hold her own in a battle, if the various subtle scars along her flank were any indication. Stopping just before the Lone Pine - now belonging to ShadowClan after their cowardly capturing of WindClan territory - Bravebird felt the rage bubble to a boil. "Just wait until I get my claws in you, Dawnstar..." the heather pelted warrior hissed under her breath, snorting. She wasn't dumb enough to cross, but she was toeing the line just a bit.

(open roleplay post!)

Mistletoe November 24th, 2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulle (Post 1101413)
Bravebird
What a waste. As dark heather paws trotted along the WindClan side of the border, narrowed blue eyes shot a venomous glare into the shadowy pine forest that concealed ShadowClan territory. She had come out this way to gather extra materials for the rebuilding of the dens, but like it always did her growing hatred towards the toad-hearted warriors distracted her. Bravebird felt her claws slide in and out, imaging ShadowClan fur underneath instead of heather and flattened moorland grass. She would never kill another warrior - the code forbade it - but great StarClan what she wouldn't give to just have a "talk" with one of them.

Most of them were much larger than her, though Bravebird herself was taller and slightly bigger than the average WindClan cat. She could certainly hold her own in a battle, if the various subtle scars along her flank were any indication. Stopping just before the Lone Pine - now belonging to ShadowClan after their cowardly capturing of WindClan territory - Bravebird felt the rage bubble to a boil. "Just wait until I get my claws in you, Dawnstar..." the heather pelted warrior hissed under her breath, snorting. She wasn't dumb enough to cross, but she was toeing the line just a bit.

(open roleplay post!)

~Robinleaf~

She bursted from the trees chasing a lizard. As the lizard crossed the border she came to a screeching stop almost knocking into Bravebird. Remembering Dawnstar’s orders and seeing how close the Windclan warrior was she flattened her ears. Backing away her fur prickled along her spine.
“If you don’t have any official business I’m going to have to ask you to leave.”

Sunset November 24th, 2021 11:20 PM

Sunset ´ kit had snuck out of camp and was now chasing a squirrel.She crossed the border and accidentally went into WindClan territory.She sniffed her way back to ShadowClan not knowing where she was because she was blind.Then she accidentaly ran into Bravebird and Robinleaf.

taillow November 25th, 2021 10:28 AM

Bravebird
The accusation that shot across to her, barely standing to even phase Bravebird, only served to prove her previous thoughts right. A waste. If ShadowClan warriors were half the cats that WindClan were, perhaps this code-breaker would've been able to catch the lizard. With speed akin to her Clan's namesake, Bravebird shot a claw out, managing to catch the lizard by it's tail and deliver a killing blow to the back of it's neck. "That's how you catch prey," she mocked, shaking her head in disappointment.

At the ShadowClan warrior's next statement Bravebird couldn't help but laugh. Official business? Oh how the might had fallen. She was clearly on WindClan territory, not posing a threat - unlike this warrior who she knew would've crossed the border had Bravebird not been there. "You can ask all you want, honey, but I don't listen to toads," she quipped, lifting her chin to stare down at the hissing warrior. Pelt all in a ruffle, eyes narrowed - it was a pity that some cats allowed themselves to get so worked up. "However you might want to be more careful - the warrior code states I can't attack you on your territory, but the second you cross that liiiine." In a sing song voice, Bravebird pointed to the border with her claw that wasn't still trapping the lizard.

She opened her mouth to add something else when a bundle of milk-scented fur rolled under her nose. Curiously Bravebird glanced down to spot a kit. She stunk of ShadowClan, and the WindClan warrior simply let out a sign. "I see Dawnstar gives no regard for her Clans young?" she growled, quite displeased with how little watch the kits in the nursery seemed to have. "You might want to take this little one back to camp before she runs straight into a predator - oh wait, she already lives in ShadowClan, my bad." A sneer as the snide remark let her mouth, but Bravebird didn't regret it. Instead she just watched the ShadowClan warrior with unreadable narrowed eyes.

@Mistletoe @Sunset

Mistletoe November 25th, 2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulle (Post 1101895)
Bravebird
The accusation that shot across to her, barely standing to even phase Bravebird, only served to prove her previous thoughts right. A waste. If ShadowClan warriors were half the cats that WindClan were, perhaps this code-breaker would've been able to catch the lizard. With speed akin to her Clan's namesake, Bravebird shot a claw out, managing to catch the lizard by it's tail and deliver a killing blow to the back of it's neck. "That's how you catch prey," she mocked, shaking her head in disappointment.

At the ShadowClan warrior's next statement Bravebird couldn't help but laugh. Official business? Oh how the might had fallen. She was clearly on WindClan territory, not posing a threat - unlike this warrior who she knew would've crossed the border had Bravebird not been there. "You can ask all you want, honey, but I don't listen to toads," she quipped, lifting her chin to stare down at the hissing warrior. Pelt all in a ruffle, eyes narrowed - it was a pity that some cats allowed themselves to get so worked up. "However you might want to be more careful - the warrior code states I can't attack you on your territory, but the second you cross that liiiine." In a sing song voice, Bravebird pointed to the border with her claw that wasn't still trapping the lizard.

She opened her mouth to add something else when a bundle of milk-scented fur rolled under her nose. Curiously Bravebird glanced down to spot a kit. She stunk of ShadowClan, and the WindClan warrior simply let out a sign. "I see Dawnstar gives no regard for her Clans young?" she growled, quite displeased with how little watch the kits in the nursery seemed to have. "You might want to take this little one back to camp before she runs straight into a predator - oh wait, she already lives in ShadowClan, my bad." A sneer as the snide remark let her mouth, but Bravebird didn't regret it. Instead she just watched the ShadowClan warrior with unreadable narrowed eyes.

@Mistletoe @Sunset

@Sunset

~Robinleaf~

She sighed at the Windclan warrior’s snide remarks. Though she had to admit she had a point. Why should she be so touchy when Bravebird hadn’t even crossed the border? Dawnstar had gotten her worked up with her newest orders. She took a deep breathe to calm down.
Then Sunsetkit materialized. Robinleaf eyed Bravebird nervously. The overly hostile she cat wouldn’t attack a kit would she? She lashed her tail nervously and slid out her claws just in case. There was nothing wrong with being prepared.
“Sunsetkit! Come over here!” She hissed a little panicked. What is she doing all the way out here!

taillow November 26th, 2021 10:21 AM

Bravebird
Did... did this fox-hearted warrior think she was going to attack a kit? The anxiety that roll off the ShadowClan warrior in waves was easily detectible, so much so that Bravebird instantly felt offended. "I don't attack kits, that's your Clan, mouse-brain," she hissed, using a paw to attempt to scoot the kit back across the border. The sight of a lashing tail and unsheathed claws made Bravebird's blood boil though, and her own slid out after the kit was safety back across the border. "Watch it, you piece of fox-dung. You may be in for a surprise when you learn I fight dirty just like you." A threat concealed in a leveled voice, though blue hues pinned to the cat across from her.

What had she even come here looking for? A fight? Perhaps, if this youngster hadn't shown up. The warrior code states Bravebird couldn't attack a cat on their own territory, but ShadowClan hadn't been following the code and they were winning. And great StarClan, was Bravebird tired of WindClan losing. With a final hiss and lash of her tail, the WindClan warrior pulled her claws back in and shook her head. "You're not worth my claws," she stated simply, before turning her back and bounding back towards camp.

@Mistletoe @Sunset (Bravebird has left! I was hoping to get her into a border scuffle where she wins, but she'd never attack with a kit present hahaha (: This was fun!)

Mistletoe November 26th, 2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulle (Post 1102147)
Bravebird
Did... did this fox-hearted warrior think she was going to attack a kit? The anxiety that roll off the ShadowClan warrior in waves was easily detectible, so much so that Bravebird instantly felt offended. "I don't attack kits, that's your Clan, mouse-brain," she hissed, using a paw to attempt to scoot the kit back across the border. The sight of a lashing tail and unsheathed claws made Bravebird's blood boil though, and her own slid out after the kit was safety back across the border. "Watch it, you piece of fox-dung. You may be in for a surprise when you learn I fight dirty just like you." A threat concealed in a leveled voice, though blue hues pinned to the cat across from her.

What had she even come here looking for? A fight? Perhaps, if this youngster hadn't shown up. The warrior code states Bravebird couldn't attack a cat on their own territory, but ShadowClan hadn't been following the code and they were winning. And great StarClan, was Bravebird tired of WindClan losing. With a final hiss and lash of her tail, the WindClan warrior pulled her claws back in and shook her head. "You're not worth my claws," she stated simply, before turning her back and bounding back towards camp.

@Mistletoe @Sunset (Bravebird has left! I was hoping to get her into a border scuffle where she wins, but she'd never attack with a kit present hahaha (: This was fun!)

[Yeah! This was lots of fun!:kittyface:]

@Sunset

~Robinleaf~

Robinleaf sighed in relief she put her claws away and let her fur fall flat. Crisis averted. Her relief quickly turned to anger, however, as she turned to Sunsetkit.
“What are you doing out here?” She kept her voice steady but her eyes were full anger.

Ian December 3rd, 2021 09:31 PM

Badgerscar stalked along the border with his fur fluffed up to ward off the wind. It was cold enough already and the extra breeze only made it feel like icicles were piercing their way into his skin. It was unpleasant to say the least, although not unbearable for him. Ivypaw might be another story, though.

The warrior spared a glance back at his apprentice to check on how she was doing. He couldn't have her freezing to death, otherwise how else would he manage to prove himself to Dawnstar? "Ivypaw, come here and I'll show you how to mark the borders. Keeping moving should let you warm up."

@TheNyanCatMinecart @Mauve (In the right place now :p)

TheNyanCatMinecart December 4th, 2021 07:45 AM

~ IVYPAW ~

Ivypaw had never been this cold. This leaf-bare season was really coming, wasn't it? She fluffed out her fur, which, despite its thickness and density, was short, which served as a disadvantage. Shivers ran throughout her body. Why was she this cold? It would only get colder. Maybe today was just a really cold day. Ivypaw kept her pace brisk, which was difficult when it felt like she'd freeze into a solid ice cat, or whatever it was called. Yeah, that was probably the right word. This Littlemouse cat - kind of a weak name, but Ivypaw didn't judge much by names - really needed to hurry up. Their incompetence would be reported to Dawnstar, surely. She continued forward. Flicking her tail and wiggling her toes helped to keep them a bit warmer, but it didn't do much.

She listened to Badgerscar's mew and fixed her amber gaze on him. Great StarClan, it was freezing out here. She could barely feel her paws or her ears. Actually, her toes had probably gone numb. Oh, more learning! She'd get to learn how to mark borders. That was very important, especially in the cold. Ivypaw padded forward, forcing herself to move faster. According to Badgerscar, that would warm her up. "Okay," she meowed, trying to keep her voice from trembling with the cold. "Is the rest of leaf-bare this cold?" Ivypaw narrowed her eyes determinedly. Her mentor couldn't think that she was weak! "Well, if it is, I'll deal with it!" No way would the weather stop her.

@NinjaBloss @Mauve (for viewing purposes)

Ian December 5th, 2021 12:17 PM

Badgerscar grunted an affirmative at her question about leaf-bare and began to show her how to mark the borders. "It's worse on your paws when it snows, but right now it's the breeze that's making it bad. If there's no breeze it's easier to keep warm."

@TheNyanCatMinecart (sorry it's short)

TheNyanCatMinecart December 5th, 2021 12:25 PM

~ IVYPAW ~

Ivypaw blinked at her mentor's response. She'd heard the word "snow" before - uttered between cats, in the names of cats. But she had never been told what exactly it was. All that she knew was that it was cold and came with leaf-bare, and based on assumptions from the cats who often held the name, it was either gray, white, or otherwise pale-colored. Still shivering, she forced herself to speed up, moving her legs to get her blood flowing. At times, she practiced a couple of her paw swipes, both the one that went across - which she had mastered - and the one which went directly down, that Badgerscar had showed her. Her paw swiped against the frozen ground as she did so, and it did help to warm her up a little.

"What's snow?" she asked her mentor curiously. "I know it comes with leaf-bare, but what is it?" Ivypaw hoped that the question didn't sound stupid. But she was young, and still learning. This was the phase of her life where she might have to ask odd questions. Once she was past this... she'd be a warrior, a strong warrior, more hardened and serious. Ivypaw couldn't wait to serve ShadowClan to the best of her abilities. "And how do we mark this border?" Badgerscar hadn't shown her yet.

A Wolf December 11th, 2021 04:15 PM

@Rani @Ravensong

"Patrol, patrol, patrol" Hawkshade gleefully and with a wide grin on her face dialogued to herself as she lead her patrol towards the border. The two toms she was assigned with didn't seem all too talkative, Red hadn't spoken yet, and if she hadn't heard him say things before she would have guessed the boy was mute, and Elm seemed all diplomatic and proper and what she was sure others would call "mannered" or whatever, but what in her book as called being a plank of wood. To be fair many in her clan were just as interesting as wood, so maybe he was just average.

"Ah, the good ol' Windclan border." she smiled as said border came into view before glancing back at the others and smirking. "I do wounder if fate has any bunny-prey in store for us." She hadn't really gotten to hunt cats in a while at she missed the oh so sweet taste of blood in her jaws. "If we do find any im calling dibs on both snapping their throat AND getting them for lunch!" These two were talking life WAAAAAAAY too seriously, even judging by the little she had seen. "Any now I bet they'll say either something really boring or really dump" That was usually how things went, she said something, they overreacted, huffed something or were just very... flat. Yes, flat, that was a good word to describe them with.

Pitou December 11th, 2021 06:52 PM

@A Wolf @Rani

**Elmshadow**

Elmshadow slipped out of camp, following behind Hawkshade. The she-cat's energy struck him as annoyingly similar to Cougarivy's, though this one was...he couldn't quite place his paw on it. There was something immature about her that he didn't get as much from Cougarivy. Maybe for one, it was her incessant talking in places where it had no use. His eye brow lifted in the slightest disturbance of his usual indifference. If she was hoping to come upon any Windclanners out then she'd do well to keep her mouth shut. In any case, Elmshadow was not hopeful that they would come across any; something must be going on in their camp with their scent markers stale and having missed the last gathering. After their not-so-distant loss against Shadowclan and whatever else was currently going on with them to keep them from the gathering, he didn't expect them to be keen on a confrontation with an admittedly relatively strong Shadowclan patrol.

Rani December 11th, 2021 08:46 PM

Hawkshade was increasingly getting on his nerves with her inane prattling and Redshrike was left increasingly wonder how she'd made it to warrior without being killed for sheer annoyance. Honestly if this drivel was the product of Shadestorms mentoring abilities his cousin was more pathetic and useless then he thought. So while his face was entirely blank inside he was dreaming of chewing through the molly's throat to tear out her vocal cords manually and he was almost completely certain Elmshadow was thinking the same.

And he thought that patrolling on the windclan border would be fun. No rabbits to be seen but a blabbermouth and.... were those geese?

Yes pausing to mark the border Redshrike pursed his muzzle in thought seeing juuuuust the edge of a distinctive tail feather and internally grinned. He knew just what to do with this. So completely silently the toms tail curled to warn Elmshadow off rounding the corner but said nothing to warn the patrol lead ahead. Let the pest walk straight into a flock of geese for her sins, he would stay and mark the border that lacked ganders.

@Ravensong @A Wolf

A Wolf December 12th, 2021 03:15 AM

@Rani @Ravensong

"Oh, wow, would you look at that, I was right, what a great surprise..." Yup, her patrolmates were very much very boring. But oh, that would effect what names they got from her. She might just call Elm wood-head, maybe Rad over there..... .... no she wouldn't come up with anything fitting at the moment, maybe just grump-grin? She would have to think about that further.

She stopped to mark the border at one place and was about to move on as an odd, quacking sound reached her. Her pointy ears pricked up and the sharp amber eyes she had been named for searched around. "Geese..." did it have to be geese. They were just sitting, walking and picking in on the ground. Urgh, the looked like fat balls of feathered. But Hawkshade knew very well their beaks and wings, and the amount of them could be a problem if not handled correctly.

She opened her mouth, with the intention to let wood-head and grim-grin know... the ladder of the two stood in a place where he should have been able to see the large birds already. "Was he hoping I would walk right into them...?"She grinned slightly to herself, beginning to like the tom more and more. Anyway. "Well sadly we'll have to deal with those I suppose." she mewed and flickered her tail. "I do believe they if we all charge at once from the same direction and make enough noise they should get scared and just fly away." The fat birds weren't all that smart, and she could easily see the bird flap away, screaming and quacking.

Pitou December 12th, 2021 01:32 PM

@A Wolf @Rani

**Elmshadow**

From the corner of his eye, he caught the flick of Redshrike's warning as Elmshadow stopped to mark the base of a large pine. He stopped walking as he spotted the mass of feathered birds grazing along the border. He met Redshrike's eye then looked to Hawkshade, quickly picking up on Redshrike's intentions. He rolled his eyes but the she-cat's mouth would just as soon scare off the flock of geese as anything else.

To a mildly surprising sense of slight disappointment, he noticed Hawkshade picked up on the flock and stopped walking. He studied the flock as Hawkshade voiced her plan. It was sensible enough. Though bringing one home for the freshkill pile would be ideal. A goose could feed many cats and, between the three of them, it shouldn't be too hefty a task, if done right, but how to ensure they are only taking on one? He bowed his head just slightly to acknowledge her idea. "Geese aren't easily spooked, have some caution. We go in hard and aggressive but keep aware of how close you get. They can turn quickly and they're not to be underestimated. But we should also keep an eye out for any stragglers. If two or three of us can catch one of them away from the rest, it'll be a nice addition to the freshkill pile. But don't risk serious injury for it. I wouldn't want to be the one to use up Bounceberry's stock this close to leafbare over a bird."

Rani December 14th, 2021 02:37 PM

Aw he didnt get to see Hawkshade being defurred by a bunch of snappy geese, such a shame. Still they did need to deal with the birds and Redshrikes ears perked up at the idea of catching one of the fat creatures to eat. He was hungry (he was always hungry). So for the added benifut of potentially catching one he finally spoke up.

"It may be more worthwhile to launch a sneak attack instead of a charge. If they see us running at them they may decide to ralley and fight back instead of fleeing, should be ambush them they'll likely fall prey to instincts and run. Or well fly in this case but the point stands, lets not give them room to realize they could harm us if they wished."

From there it'd be simpler to take down the straggler.

@Ravensong @A Wolf

A Wolf December 16th, 2021 10:57 AM

Hawkshade's long tail twitched back and forth in annoyance as she listened to the two toms and their dump opinions. Toms were pretty useless in her opinion, couldn't just everyone be a molly. These two in particular seemed to think as much with their stomachs as with their no-existent brains. But while she usually had plenty of energy to spend on arguments and debates about any given topic, Grim-grin and wood-head were really draining her like a mushrooms on a tree.

"UUUUGH FIIIINE we'll do the BORING option instead and launch a sneak attack and kill one or whatever." But she wasn't gonna eat some dump fat bird. While others went hunting she would return to this border and try to find a little threat for herself. Cats, they tasted oh so much better then birds did. She didn't get her special snack often since the bunnies were starting to shy away from the border more and more.

Dropping her negativity she looked around for a good goose-victim. "Maybe that one" she mewed and waved to a goose who has picking in the ground, probably the one closest o them. The excitement of the hunt already getting on to her she crouched down and narrowed her eyes at they prey. "I'll just go for it's throat real quick and you tow can come and help if it manages to survive it someone my fangs" IF, because she knew her sharp teeth and long claws were reliable when it came to hunting and fighting, and she was itching to draw some blood.

@Rani @Ravensong

Pitou December 16th, 2021 10:15 PM

@Rani @A Wolf
**Elmshadow**

The large tom nodded at Redshrike's idea. "We can use the shadow of the trees to get fairly close before they notice us. An aggressive surprise attack could send them flying before they have a chance to check what's attacking them, don't give them the chance to decide whether we're fighting or not."

He switched his gaze to Hawkshade, not holding his breath for a rational comment. She did not disappoint. But she pointed out a fairly secluded goose near them. He nodded, but then she followed it up with a more expected comment. There was a part of him that wanted to just let her go for it, she was the patrol lead after all, they were supposed to follow her. But he sighed lowly. "As much as I believe in letting cats discover their own mistakes, it'd be irresponsible to so blatantly risk injury when you have a whole patrol with you. I'm sure if the three of us ambush that lone goose the rest will flee from the commotion."

Elmshadow started moving through the shadows towards the geese, slowly at first to let his patrol mates put in any suggestions about how they'd be going about it.

Rani December 18th, 2021 08:09 PM

God this was the most empty headed kit like idiot this side of the territories but at least Redshrike wasnt alone in his pain.... Elmshadow was shaping up to be a tolerable individual and actually spoke with sense that Redshrike sadly knew was going to be ignored. So it was with a low near inaudible murmur that only the other tom could hear he spoke "I wouldnt bother trying to reason with the mange-blood it'd be more worthwhile to talk to a rock. Ill ambush one from behind and flush it to you should it escape my grasp. Let the fool do as fools do, if we have time for it we can watch."

Watching where Elmshadow positioned himself Redshrike swing wide disappearing into the brush as he picked a goose and basically pinned it between him and the other tom. He waited just a moment for Hawkshade to make her attempt and startle the birds before he lunged biting down on a flaring wing with a crack. Ah, he'd broken it, perfect~ From his position basically riding the bird the monochrome tom reached out a clawed paw and wrenched its neck back exposing it and leaving the perfect opening to cleanly kill the squirming beast.

@A Wolf @Ravensong

A Wolf December 19th, 2021 10:20 AM

Really, Shadestorm should know her by now, know to put her on patrols with actually fun and interesting cats, and preferably she-cats, and not two toms who acted as if the only thing that mattered was filling they prey-pile. Patrols were an opportunity to get to know more cats better, and not just hunting or leave some scent mark. With a slightly over-dramatic sigh she rushed over to a good positions or attack. Grim-grin seemed to mutter something but Hawkshade could neither care nor over hear what it was. She took her place and waited impatiently until the two others were in theirs. Now, finally!

With a glitter in her eyes and a yowl she shot out and aimed for the goose, she was just about attack it with her claws when.... Grim-grin leaped just in front of her and she could clearly hear the crack as he broke on of it's wing. She didn't find it a little rude for him to just come like that, but he did leave an perfect spot for a bite. Seeing her chance she dove down and planted her jaws around it's neck. A wide grin spread across her face as she could feel thick, warm blood trickle out, and drip down her teeth and muzzle.

@Rani @Ravensong

Pitou December 19th, 2021 11:12 AM

@Rani @A Wolf
**Elmshadow**

Elmshadow nodded at the other tom. He had a point, Elmshadow was well aware that attempting to reason with the she-cat was likely a waste of time and effort, but he felt it important in this instance to make some attempt anyway. Hawkshade was reckless to more than just herself. But he watched the tom swing out wide and disappear. He took a step out of the brush he was hiding in, just enough to catch the goose's attention but not enough to alert it. He watched as Hawkshade and Redshrike burst out for it at the same time. Elmshadow blew out of the bush and arced his run to split between the lone goose and the rest of its flock. As Redshrike beat Hawkshade to the goose, Hawkshade made the split decision to take the killing bite that Redshrike presented. Elmshadow turned his body, hissing and spitting, towards the bulk of the flock, adding to the chaos of the squaking dying goose, to drive the flock into a flurry of honking and thunderous ruffle of feathers as they scrambled in the opposite direction, taking flight and lifting their bulky bodies airborne. He turned after watching the honking birds fly safely away to check on Redshrike and Hawkshade.

Raven~ December 19th, 2021 01:35 PM

For @Zeus @Kyrieknight
As Breezedapple had predicted, the snow was already coming in heavy. The trek was long and tedious, and when they finally got to the border Breezedapple was exhausted. But she went on anyway. Twilightstar would be displeased if the patrol didn’t actually patrol.
“Ok, Sunshade you go left and me and Bushpaw will go right ,” Breezedapple told the group. “Go as quick as you can, and try not to freeze up.” She trusted Sunshade; he was a warrior after all. Bushpaw was an apprentice and she couldn’t trust him in his own.Waving her tail at Bushpaw, Breezedapple began to mark the border.

Rani December 19th, 2021 09:35 PM

Plan didnt go to plan but it still worked so partial success.

Stepping back as he licked the blood off his fangs Redshrike watched the flock fly away one of their members dead at his paws. The goose situation was dealt with, they'd already marked the border and now had a contribution to the prey pile, that was enough to call it quits right? Yeah the tom was pretty sure thats all he needed to do but report and that was Hawkshades job. If she remembered.

"Mmm job done with those hell birds gone I suppose. Elmshadow and I will carry this back to the camp while you report to my cousin, I dont feel the need to waste more time talking here."
His bored drawl was more then enough to express how done he was with the entire endeavor and Redshrike wasted no time hoisting up as much of the bird as he could manage waiting expectantly for Elmshadow to help before leaving.

@A Wolf @Ravensong

Akira December 22nd, 2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty the Raven (Post 1114661)
For @Zeus @Kyrieknight
As Breezedapple had predicted, the snow was already coming in heavy. The trek was long and tedious, and when they finally got to the border Breezedapple was exhausted. But she went on anyway. Twilightstar would be displeased if the patrol didn’t actually patrol.
“Ok, Sunshade you go left and me and Bushpaw will go right ,” Breezedapple told the group. “Go as quick as you can, and try not to freeze up.” She trusted Sunshade; he was a warrior after all. Bushpaw was an apprentice and she couldn’t trust him in his own.Waving her tail at Bushpaw, Breezedapple began to mark the border.

"Easy enough," Sunshade responded, already making his way to the border. The cold was biting, but the thick fur he had helped negate it somewhat, even if a little. Still, he was determined to finish.

Singing Jay December 26th, 2021 08:19 AM

~ Shadestorm | @Xmas Ang @Naiad | Short post bc im bussy, but thought i'd start instead |

The large tabby stalked towards the border. Wolfwhisper was apparently not around so he had taken it upon himself to lead the patrol in his place. It was moon since he had been on one like this, and honestly he had almost forgotten hoe it felt. He could remember the flock of geese his patrol had encountered last time. Meadowpaw, his former apprentice had killed one of them then.

Shaking his head as he thought of the disappointment she had been other wise she marked the border, almost stumbling over a few bones on the ground. He band down and sniffed at them, frowning. Because bones weren't usually left like this, this clean.

beau December 26th, 2021 03:08 PM

The chocolate molly began marking the border, wanting only to be over with the patrol. Out of all her warrior duties, border patrol was her least favorite by far. Maybe she should request to be placed on a hunting patrol before the next set was sent out... she'd have to be careful about it, though; she didn't want cats starting think she was trying to get out of work. She absolutely was, of course, but that didn't mean she wanted others knowing.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by a quiet clatter, and she turned to find Shadestorm standing over a small pile of... bones? That was certainly strange. She padded over, leaning down to sniff them, but there was no strong scent. "That's weird. Where do you think they're from?" The she-cat gently nudged them, perhaps searching for a clue of their origins, but could see none.

@Singing Jay @Xmas Ang

Madelaine December 26th, 2021 06:36 PM

-->Ebonyfang<--
The warrior moved along with his clanmates to their assigned border. He sniffed around, scenting quite an odd scent before looking down at the bones. They were placed strangely. His clanmates were correct. "Not sure who could have done this. To me it doesn't look like any cat I know. Clan cats maybe, bit rogues, loners and kittypets wouldn't leave them this clean.", Ebonyfang responded. He would know as he had spend only a short period of time with them. He knew how much he never wanted to be one of them. They were disgusting.

// @Singing Jay; @Naiad; \\

Singing Jay December 27th, 2021 03:12 PM

~ Shadestorm | @Xmas Ang @Naiad | Edit: I requested more time from myself, I said we can have until the 30th, sorry for the long waits between replies |

The large tom was afraid of few things, and these dump bones weren't one of them, but they did leave him with an uneasy feeling. A slight growl of irritation, why did things always happen on patrols. Sure, new things could be fun, exacting, but some times normal life sounded fine as well.

"I don't know, they are very clean and with little to know scent on them. My theory is that someone left their meal here a while back, it went unnoticed and insects slowly cleaned up what little was left." Though he didn't know why someone would find it wise to leave thins here, or even come here in the first place, hadn't the news of Shadowclan's strength spread far enough for others to have the sense to stay away. Maybe whoever it was had just been stupid, and quick enough not to be caught. Well, he wouldn't let that happened again. He made a mental note to send stringer patrols here, and patrols who would do their job. Though... the last patrol here had been lead by Hawkshade, his former apprentice. She was usually every sharp in her senses, would she really have missed something like this? But in her defense they had been busy getting rid of the geese.

"Let's just finish marking this, I'll make sure to send strong patrols here in the future just encase, but if we don't hurry we'll be late soon." And a patrol lead by him was never late. He continued marking the border.