Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Board (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Voice Actors Needed! (Long Shadows 2nd Try) (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36887)

crumbl March 18th, 2021 08:53 PM

Voice Actors Needed! (Long Shadows 2nd Try)

LONG SHADOWS VOICE ACTORS WANTED!

OFFICIALLY CLOSED. Further news and results will be posted in an alternate thread!
__________________________________________________ ______________________

I've decided to revive an old brainchild that didn't work out the first time due to people dropping out, but hopefully, we're able to get it off the ground this time around!

In short, I had the idea to gather a group of theater nerds such as myself to create a voice-acting clip of the infamous fire scene from Long Shadows. Here is the script (still subject to editing!) Please become familiar with the original passage as well, though. It's Long Shadows chapters 22 through the beginning of 23 with some modifications.

SOME GUIDELINES IN ORDER TO QUALIFY

- Must have a decent enough voice recorder that we can understand you without feedback, though no video recordings are necessary.

- I won't accept just any submission (though of course, I'm not looking for perfection!). But as long as you can read your lines clearly and expressively, you should be good. In order to try out for a part, please submit a recording of you saying a few of your auditioning character's lines from the script so I can narrow down our options.

PARTS

Gender is flexible, but I have listed the preferred gender so you get an idea of the part. It's totally fine to audition for multiple parts, even though you'll only be able to play one role!

Here are the current standings with auditions.

White = Audition necessary, open

Cyan = No audition necessary, open. First come first serve.

Lime = Open and first come first serve depending on qualifications.

Purple = Limited time left to audition due to interest

Red = Taken

NARRATOR: Male or female. Someone who is willing to read quite a lot and is a clear, comfortable speaker. Open, audition soon to have a shot!

THORNCLAW / FIRESTAR: Male. Someone who can do multiple voices; this is a small series of bit parts. Open

LEAFPOOL: Female. One-liner part; this person could also help with sound editing, etc.. Taken by @TheSnowyAnimal

HOLLYLEAF: Female. Someone who is expressive and willing to read a large amount. Open

JAYFEATHER: Male. Someone who is expressive and willing to read a fair amount. Open

LIONBLAZE: Male. Someone who is expressive and willing to read a fair amount. Open

SQUIRRELFLIGHT: Female. Someone who is very expressive and willing to read a fair amount. Open

ASHFUR: Male. Someone who is very expressive and willing to read a good amount. Open

SOUND EDITOR: Someone willing to help me compile all the audio into a good format and add a few sound effects. This can be more than one person. Willing to negotiate a KK payment! Open, 1 spot remaining

ARTIST: Someone willing to prepare simple art of each character to have on-screen while they speak their line! If you want, this can just be still shots, or if you're ambitious an animatic. Multiple spots available. Just submit a few art examples to qualify. Willing to negotiate a KK payment! Open
__________________________________________________ _______

FORM

Part Wanted:
Audio Clip (upload via Sndup):
Will you commit to staying involved?
Why do you want to participate?
Other:
Mention me @Snook

Thank you! I can't wait to see where this goes!

rosetherosey March 18th, 2021 08:56 PM

Re: Voice Actors Needed! (Long Shadows 2nd Try)

@Snook I tried to open up the google doc but it doesn't let me have access to it. I think you need to make it so anyone can access it so that they can do the lines

Inconsistency March 18th, 2021 09:00 PM

I could be Leafpool maybe! Not sure yet though I'll be a back-up if no one signs up for her.. But also I couldn't open the google docs.

If not I could try and help with sound effects I would just be a small helper I have some practice in that editing type. @Snook

Fawnhearted March 18th, 2021 09:06 PM

I'd be willing to go for narrator or Jayfeather, I'm actually a VA and haven't been able to work since pre-covid so this would be fun. Script wont open though @Snook

crumbl March 18th, 2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosetherosey (Post 949508)
@Snook I tried to open up the google doc but it doesn't let me have access to it. I think you need to make it so anyone can access it so that they can do the lines

@TheSnowyAnimal

Oop, sorry about that! I'll try to fix that so that it's shared- should be up by tomorrow morning as I'm still making a few minor changes to the script c:

I'd love for you to be Leafpool! She just has one line "Of course!" so it's a super simple part, but I'd also really appreciate your help with editing... I'm hopeless at that kinda stuff :0

crumbl March 18th, 2021 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fawnhearted (Post 949515)
I'd be willing to go for narrator or Jayfeather, I'm actually a VA and haven't been able to work since pre-covid so this would be fun. Script wont open though @Snook

Sorry about the script- I'll try to fix that and it should be up by tomorrow morning as I'm still making a few minor changes :P But yeah, as soon as it's up I'd love for you to try out for either part! Glad to see such interest in this :heartbounce:

Inconsistency March 18th, 2021 09:10 PM

Maybe I could do Leafpool and edit most of it. I think that my voice isn't gonna work though haha, I don't even really know what my voice sounds like. Hearing your voice in real life vs on an electronic is a bit odd. I might PM you a voice-clip of me just depends. @Snook.

-Ash- March 18th, 2021 09:10 PM

Hey! I could try Leafpool and Sound Editing... Recently got a really great editing program through the school so I can do that, or if you want like background music or something... @Snook

stag March 18th, 2021 09:12 PM

"NARRATOR: Male or female. Someone who is willing to read quite a lot and is a clear, comfortable speaker. Open" Thought this one fit me since he don't know where my voice would fit in female or male but i'm up for it

FORM

Part Wanted: Narrator
Audio Clip: -Yet to be added since it's 10pm-
Will you commit to staying involved? Yeah,yup
Why do you want to participate? Mainly because I want to give voice acting a try and I publicly speak all the time.
Other: -
Mention me @Snook

crumbl March 18th, 2021 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSnowyAnimal (Post 949519)
Maybe I could do Leafpool and edit most of it. I think that my voice isn't gonna work though haha, I don't even really know what my voice sounds like. Hearing your voice in real life vs on an electronic is a bit odd. I might PM you a voice-clip of me just depends. @Snook.

Ye, I totally get what you mean, haha :D But feel free to go ahead and send me a clip, I'd love to hear you try it anyways!