Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   RiverClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RiverClan Clearing (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31)

BEAR. October 3rd, 2016 11:42 PM

RiverClan Clearing

Hexict October 5th, 2016 06:43 PM

Re: RiverClan Clearing

@fenic!

She could feel her temper bubbling up as she started to snap at her again. The young molly was use to just letting her anger go, possibly even striking him. But she stopped herself, halting the thought as soon as it surface and watched her brother. Mistpaw glared at him as he seemed to back away from her. "Of course I did. Of course I expected her to be alright, not to be dead. I know I left, but why would I return and expected our mother to be dead?" Her voice was cold, and her pale orbs matched. Mistpaw knew that she should've been there for her mother, never let anything happen to her. Petaldown was kind of an airhead, and could be blinded by love towards cats she cared for, but she nice and kind and selfish... she shouldn't be dead. She didn't deserve to die. Petaldown deserved so much better. Better than Boulderglare as a mate, better than Rock as a son and better than Mistpaw as a daughter. She wanted to glance away once more, but help her brother's gaze. Her silver ears flattened as she called her selfish. She hated being judged, he wasn't there, how dare he call me selfish? He doesn't know why I left, what was going one. He doesn't know that I never wanted to leave! It was a judgement call, something that had to be decided in a heartbeat! She could remember seeing Fallowpaw, all cut up and weak after Mistypaw had attacked her, then he and Sparkpaw threatened to kill her... they had to leave. Fallow, she had to or else her sister and former crush would kill her. And Mist didn't want to live without her, Fallow had found her way into Mistpaw's heart where very few have ever found. "You should shut up when you don't know what you are talking about," her voice seemed to surprise - and even scare her - a little, it was cold and threaten, and she dug her claws into the ground, her body slightly shaking. She didn't know why that hit a nerve like that, but it did, and it was hard to control herself now. "Shut up..." the apprentice's voice lower, and she soon found herself lounging at her brother.

FadedShadow October 6th, 2016 09:45 AM

Fadedpaw lay on her side, staring out into the clearing, her eyes almost closed, she analysed everything around her, remembering things from her kithood as she did. She then closed her eyes, simply listening to the world around her. (Hope I did this right)

judas October 6th, 2016 06:35 PM

Moonpaw layed in the clearing,waving her tail around. No one really talked to the she-cat because of her other side. She sighed,I don't even understand I've never hurt anyone...She thought.No,but I have...What?..Moonpaw sat up,looking around,the Moon shaped mark on her eye hit the sun light."Sun's in my eyes,"She mumbled.

FadedShadow October 7th, 2016 11:44 AM

Fadedpaw glanced around at the other cats in the clearing, thoughts swirling in her own eyes as she looked them all over, she then shook her head, as if clearing a thought away, then stood and padded over to the Apprentice's den, staring at her paws.

lone October 7th, 2016 04:27 PM

Summerpaw sat in the clearing, the calico she cat's eyes gleaming with a sort of desire-like light. She swished her tail back and forth in the dust, bored and not quite sure what to do. The she cat's ears swiveled, following the conversation of the other cats and the tip of her tail began to twitch. She was longing to join with her own comments, but she knew better than to do so. No, she would have to find her own fun. Summerpaw yawned, revealing her pale pink tongue and ivory white fangs before she shook her head slightly, as though she had water on it and was trying to rid herself of it. She was slightly amused, almost intrigued by the sight of the other cats moving around, and although she didn't say anything, her expression said it all. The apprentice slowly lowered herself down, gracefully almost, and curled her tail around herself with a swishing motion. Summerpaw looked older, and a little larger when she did so...perhaps it was the maturity of her expression, or something else.

HwangHarin October 7th, 2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 2230)
Summerpaw sat in the clearing, the calico she cat's eyes gleaming with a sort of desire-like light. She swished her tail back and forth in the dust, bored and not quite sure what to do. The she cat's ears swiveled, following the conversation of the other cats and the tip of her tail began to twitch. She was longing to join with her own comments, but she knew better than to do so. No, she would have to find her own fun. Summerpaw yawned, revealing her pale pink tongue and ivory white fangs before she shook her head slightly, as though she had water on it and was trying to rid herself of it. She was slightly amused, almost intrigued by the sight of the other cats moving around, and although she didn't say anything, her expression said it all. The apprentice slowly lowered herself down, gracefully almost, and curled her tail around herself with a swishing motion. Summerpaw looked older, and a little larger when she did so...perhaps it was the maturity of her expression, or something else.

Jaypaw walked out of the apprentice den, he was happy to be away from his sister at last. He was bored so her glanced around the clearing looking for a cat or cats to talk to. He glanced around and saw Summerpaw, looking more bored then him,

lone October 7th, 2016 04:45 PM

Summerpaw looked up, seeing another cat standing nearby. She got to her paws, sitting up and clocking her head to the side, taking a look at the cat. "Hello," she mewed, padding over towards him. She examined the other cat, her eyes sweeping over him as they did with most other cats...it was just kind of what she did. The calico's eyes sparked, and she smirked in a flirtatious manner, thinking about what to say. She rarely jumped into anything, and she hated to make things sound dumb, so she thought for a moment, the tip of her tail twitching thoughtfully. Mm, I'll give him a break...we've only just met, it wouldn't be polite...not quite yet, anyway, Summerpaw thought to herself. No matter how flirtatious the apprentice was, she was always polite and gave the other cat a bit of room in the beginning, not wanting to pressure them too much. She waited patiently, her eyes looking around at anything but Jaypaw. Her tail twitched involuntarily, and she sat back down, her gaze now fixed on the sky. The warm rays of the sun beamed down upon the she cat's pelt, warming it and feeling quite good, actually. Summerpaw closed her eyes lazily, enjoying the feel of the sun for a moment before turning her gaze back on Jaypaw.

HwangHarin October 7th, 2016 04:51 PM

Jaypaw smiled. " Hello, I'm Jaypaw." He said as that was his introduction for any cat even if they knew his name, his brown eyes fixed on Sunnypaw, as he waited for a response from the other apprentice.

FadedShadow October 7th, 2016 10:52 PM

Fadedpaw lay down, her mentor was nowhere to be seen, if she didn't train more often all her denmates would be warriors before her!

Abstracted Dog October 7th, 2016 11:00 PM

Melodysong walked into the camp, her face looking quite lovesick. "Ah! Fadedpaw. It's time for hunting lessons."

FadedShadow October 7th, 2016 11:06 PM

Fadedpaw leapt to her paws, "Yeah! Thanks Melodysong," She paused, "Are you okay?" She meowed, her head tilted as she looked at her mentor with concern.

Abstracted Dog October 7th, 2016 11:08 PM

"Huh? Oh.. I'm fine."

FadedShadow October 8th, 2016 09:52 AM

"Oh okay. Let's go then." She meowed quietly, heading for the exit.

Abstracted Dog October 8th, 2016 10:10 AM

Melodysong followed slowly, s if she were the apprentice. Most likely because she was busy thinking about the tom she meat on the border, Risingstorm. Then, she snapped out if it and ran ahead of her apprentice.

yummyluc October 8th, 2016 05:12 PM

No one seemed to notice the stocky, lithe she-cat resting in a darker part of the clearing. Unlike most cats, Bluedew enjoyed the cold. It was her favourite time of the season. Crunching leaves, puffs of foggy breath, huddling close to defeat the oncoming cold. It was just her place. Where she felt happiest. Eyes narrow and tail swinging gently from one side of her body to the other, she breathed in the crisp air, one of her rare smiles dancing on her muzzle. I think I'm the only cat in any clan that enjoys the cold of the seasons.. She pondered softly, zoning out slightly, letting her eyes wander over her peers in gladness. Although she never seemed like the most grateful cat, she truly loved her clan and every cat in it. Well, mostly every cat, but she knew that without each of them, the clan wouldn't be the same.

Caligo Everton October 8th, 2016 05:35 PM

lilypaw sat in the clearing thinking about the tom.

Hexict October 9th, 2016 08:21 AM

@Ever-

The silver warrior was leading as the two padded into the clearing, mouths full of prey. Pastblaze's ears perked as he heard the other cats in the clearing, their voices seemed to beat the silence away that had claimed his and Crimsonmoon's return. He didn't hesitated before heading towards the fresh-kill pile. The silver tom felt slightly warmer in the clearing than on the territory, so when he placed his two fish on the pile, he began to groom his pelt in hoped of warming up a bit.He knew Crimsonmoon was close behind him, so he looked up as he was warming up and watched the molly as she placed her prey as well. He hadn't realized before but as his pale green orbs fall on her prey, his stomach started to growl. Pastblaze reddened slightly and flattened his ears in embarrassment as he was sure that she must've heard him. He hasn't eaten all day, and now it was dark, which left him with a hungry feeling, and the sight of Crimsonmoon's plump prey did not help at all.

FlameFire25 October 9th, 2016 09:25 PM

Moonshade lay in the clearing, stretching out in the slowly fading sunlight. She was waiting for night to come, as she enjoyed hunting by her namesake. Her bi-colored eyes were closed, her tail flicking side to side.

Fel October 9th, 2016 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlameFire25 (Post 5726)
Moonshade lay in the clearing, stretching out in the slowly fading sunlight. She was waiting for night to come, as she enjoyed hunting by her namesake. Her bi-colored eyes were closed, her tail flicking side to side.

Striding into camp after an accidental run-in with a Shadowclan tom on the border, Thistlesplash was thoroughly dazed and confused- he was really nice. She'd never known that cats from the so-called 'evil clan' could be that sensible and kind- he really had helped her when she'd gotten lost, hadn't he? Iceclaw, right? He was really great... I hope I'll be able to talk to him again, maybe next gathering if I'm able to go. Padding around the clearing, thinking about the black-and white, mysterious tom, she needed a distraction, quickly. Her eyes suddenly spotted Moonshade laying in the Riverclan clearing, and the warrior rushed over to her, sitting beside the molly in an attempt to make conversation. "Hey, what's up?" She asked, grinning in a rather perky tone, being an energetic cat who loved to talk, though she was a bit of a ditz when it came to more serious topics that she didn't really know too much about, like clan politics or recent deaths.

FlameFire25 October 9th, 2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenic! (Post 5737)
Striding into camp after an accidental run-in with a Shadowclan tom on the border, Thistlesplash was thoroughly dazed and confused- he was really nice. She'd never known that cats from the so-called 'evil clan' could be that sensible and kind- he really had helped her when she'd gotten lost, hadn't he? Iceclaw, right? He was really great... I hope I'll be able to talk to him again, maybe next gathering if I'm able to go. Padding around the clearing, thinking about the black-and white, mysterious tom, she needed a distraction, quickly. Her eyes suddenly spotted Moonshade laying in the Riverclan clearing, and the warrior rushed over to her, sitting beside the molly in an attempt to make conversation. "Hey, what's up?" She asked, grinning in a rather perky tone, being an energetic cat who loved to talk, though she was a bit of a ditz when it came to more serious topics that she didn't really know too much about, like clan politics or recent deaths.

The she-cat opened her left eye, a emerald green against her silver splotched face. "Hey, Thistlesplash." She mewed in her usually soft voice, flicking her tail in greeting. "I'm just waiting for the moon to come up. What's up with you? You sound perkier than usual." Even though the other warrior was about 15 moons older than her, Moonshade was a watchful cat. Voice changes were her specialty.

Mango October 10th, 2016 06:15 PM

Wavepaw smiled in joy that she was finally an apprentice...I can swim and leave camp and hunt and do whatever I want! Nothing is wrong! she turned to her brother," Hey Mudpaw! Aren't you excited to be an apprentice finally!!"
Mudpaw was lost in his head What if I am a bad apprentice, what if I am a bad apprentice! What if I can't hunt or fight, what if I can't swim or even worse I drown!!! he shook his head glancing at Wavepaw," Huh? Oh yeah... being an apprentice, I can't wait-" he mumbled pausing, but was interupted by Wavepaw.
Wavepaw smiled," I know, I can't wait to see the territory and learn to hunt and fight and swim!"
Mudpaw glared at Wavepaw," You interupted me... As I was saying sarcastically, I can't wait to be mucking out the elder's den and playing hunt the tick, but seriously...," he gushed," I'm terrified, I'll make a fool out of myself and my mentor will be upset," he cringed in fear
Wavepaw burst into laughter at his fear," Mousebrain, you suppose to make mistakes!!!" she walked off.

Ever October 10th, 2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 4531)
@Ever-

The silver warrior was leading as the two padded into the clearing, mouths full of prey. Pastblaze's ears perked as he heard the other cats in the clearing, their voices seemed to beat the silence away that had claimed his and Crimsonmoon's return. He didn't hesitated before heading towards the fresh-kill pile. The silver tom felt slightly warmer in the clearing than on the territory, so when he placed his two fish on the pile, he began to groom his pelt in hoped of warming up a bit.He knew Crimsonmoon was close behind him, so he looked up as he was warming up and watched the molly as she placed her prey as well. He hadn't realized before but as his pale green orbs fall on her prey, his stomach started to growl. Pastblaze reddened slightly and flattened his ears in embarrassment as he was sure that she must've heard him. He hasn't eaten all day, and now it was dark, which left him with a hungry feeling, and the sight of Crimsonmoon's plump prey did not help at all.

Crimsonmoon followed silently in the darkness as they headed towards the fresh-kill pile. The clearing was relatively quiet, few cats were still awake grooming and eating their meal of the day before retiring to the warrior's den. Pastblaze and herself were probably some of the last to return. She set her prey down moments after the silver tom had and her ears perked as she heard his stomach growl. Her smile curved into a teasing one, not a mocking one as it had been for the majority of their time together. There seemed to be a note of respect that she had developed for the tom, for having challenged her and accepted his loss so well. A small chuckle came from his and she nudged her beautifully colored rainbow trout towards him. "Here, why don't we share it." She said, it was funny how her mother's side came out in her once she became even remotely comfortable around another cat. As if her brother's ways hadn't truly and completely corrupted her yet. The color of her eyes was unrecognizable as her pupils made her eyes look black and huge, inviting. She stared at him wide-eyed wondering if he would accept her offer. She was glad that her own stomach was holding off from groaning aloud, for it twisted tightly with hunger. She hadn't eaten anything except a small vole at sunrise.

Hexict October 11th, 2016 10:04 AM

Pastblaze looked up as Crimsonmoon offered to share her prey with him. He eyes the rainbow fish as was aware that it was her best catch from the day and was a great piece of fresh-kill over all. He was hesitant to accept, seeing her inviting expression and could hardly recognize the stubborn molly from earlier. Though after a bit, his stomach begged for the fish, and he gave a small nod in agreement. "Thank you," his gruff voice was low as if he was whispering his appreciation to her, but it was mostly because he wasn't use to saying those two simple words to other cats. The silver tom ginger took a bite of the prey, and let the flavor sink in. It tasted amazing! The warrior wasn't known for really showing his emotions all that well, he gave Crimsonmoon an approving nod. "This is really good," he admitted, looking at her for a moment, but pushed it a bit closer her way so she could have a bite now. Pastblaze was genuinely glad that she had offered to share - it was good and it felt like moons since he had actually shared fresh-kill with anyone. He found himself slightly warming up to the crimson warrior... slightly, he didn't let anyone in that easily.

Fel October 11th, 2016 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 203)
@fenic!

She could feel her temper bubbling up as she started to snap at her again. The young molly was use to just letting her anger go, possibly even striking him. But she stopped herself, halting the thought as soon as it surface and watched her brother. Mistpaw glared at him as he seemed to back away from her. "Of course I did. Of course I expected her to be alright, not to be dead. I know I left, but why would I return and expected our mother to be dead?" Her voice was cold, and her pale orbs matched. Mistpaw knew that she should've been there for her mother, never let anything happen to her. Petaldown was kind of an airhead, and could be blinded by love towards cats she cared for, but she nice and kind and selfish... she shouldn't be dead. She didn't deserve to die. Petaldown deserved so much better. Better than Boulderglare as a mate, better than Rock as a son and better than Mistpaw as a daughter. She wanted to glance away once more, but help her brother's gaze. Her silver ears flattened as she called her selfish. She hated being judged, he wasn't there, how dare he call me selfish? He doesn't know why I left, what was going one. He doesn't know that I never wanted to leave! It was a judgement call, something that had to be decided in a heartbeat! She could remember seeing Fallowpaw, all cut up and weak after Mistypaw had attacked her, then he and Sparkpaw threatened to kill her... they had to leave. Fallow, she had to or else her sister and former crush would kill her. And Mist didn't want to live without her, Fallow had found her way into Mistpaw's heart where very few have ever found. "You should shut up when you don't know what you are talking about," her voice seemed to surprise - and even scare her - a little, it was cold and threaten, and she dug her claws into the ground, her body slightly shaking. She didn't know why that hit a nerve like that, but it did, and it was hard to control herself now. "Shut up..." the apprentice's voice lower, and she soon found herself lounging at her brother.

"...You left her alone with our father and me, who can never do anything right! Maybe he didn't kill mom, but you left her with him, you left our mother with Boulderglare!" There were tears streaked down his cheeks as he spoke- he was placing the blame on somebody who was easy to target, because he was too weak to stand up for the cat who ruined his own life. He felt so guilty, because he couldn't save his mother from that fox, who took her life- at least, that's what his father said. Maybe even Rockkit coming back would be better than this- he didn't live with us long enough to start hating me, to see how terrible I am. Aspenmask pitied himself, and he threw tantrums when things went wrong, complaining and crying about everything he couldn't solve. He was scared easily, and the only solution to this was for him to follow cats that scared others- because nobody else was there for him, nobody else helped him through all of his problems- I had to fend for myself, because everybody left me behind- do you know what that feels like? He was crying, but didn't back down. If nobody trusted him, he could get rid of them. He could pick them off, one by one if he could. Shaking, the cat wasn't prepared for Mistpaw's attack, and as she lunged for him, he bowled over, screeching as his pelt hit the camp floor.

FadedShadow October 11th, 2016 10:27 AM

Fadedpaw trotted in, wondering where her mentor had rushed off to, then shrugged and dropped the vole she had caught in the pile and padded to her den, her paws dragging from exhaustion, still shivering from falling in the cold river. She then stopped, remembering that Medysong had told her to go to the medicine cat. She sighed, walking over to the medicine cat den.

Hexict October 11th, 2016 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenic! (Post 7399)

"...You left her alone with our father and me, who can never do anything right! Maybe he didn't kill mom, but you left her with him, you left our mother with Boulderglare!" There were tears streaked down his cheeks as he spoke- he was placing the blame on somebody who was easy to target, because he was too weak to stand up for the cat who ruined his own life. He felt so guilty, because he couldn't save his mother from that fox, who took her life- at least, that's what his father said. Maybe even Rockkit coming back would be better than this- he didn't live with us long enough to start hating me, to see how terrible I am. Aspenmask pitied himself, and he threw tantrums when things went wrong, complaining and crying about everything he couldn't solve. He was scared easily, and the only solution to this was for him to follow cats that scared others- because nobody else was there for him, nobody else helped him through all of his problems- I had to fend for myself, because everybody left me behind- do you know what that feels like? He was crying, but didn't back down. If nobody trusted him, he could get rid of them. He could pick them off, one by one if he could. Shaking, the cat wasn't prepared for Mistpaw's attack, and as she lunged for him, he bowled over, screeching as his pelt hit the camp floor.

Mistpaw's pale eyes were flashing with anger, sick of the blame and sick of everything she's been through. Thinking about her life, the molly sometimes wished she'd never been born. What would've changed? Fallow would be alive and with Mistygaze, Stream never would've been attacked and maybe could've found a way to be with Moss, Rockkit might've even stayed, maybe Petaldown would even bee alive still... It was like everything would've been better without a mess up like her. Maybe she did deserve the blame, but she was actually searching for happiness now, and it was so hard when everything terrible is your fault. She wondered if Royalwatcher happened to be seeing this, watching his apprentice attacking her own brother. In her fit of rage, she continued to attack Aspenmask, leaping at him again as he was still on the ground. Her paw was raised in an attempt to slice his throat, something that Deathstalker had taught her moons ago, when she first became an apprentice. Right when she was about to strike his throat, the molly was able to stop herself. Mistpaw froze, her paw still in the air, and her pale orbs wide in fear of herself - but she had stopped attacking.

Hexict October 11th, 2016 04:14 PM

@Zero to Hero

As they had headed back, Stormblaze made it into the clearing. He stopped for a moment, and watched Bleakpaw enter, holding his fish caught. After the warrior had offered to help his apprentice back on the territory, Stormblaze had heard Bleakpaw mutter something but hadn't really been able to make it out. He was able to guess that it had to do with him since Bleakpaw hadn't said it out loud. But the mentor was tired from the day training his apprentice and didn't feel like getting into a fight with him... for now. He did wish that Bleakpaw was less annoying, and knew that he wasn't the kind of mentor that Bleakpaw wanted. Stormblaze was sometimes disappointed with the apprentices he got, mostly because they seemed to believe they deserve more respect than they give their mentor - like Bleakpaw and Boulderglare - but he some good apprentices - such as Ripplepaw and Crowfoot. But he had to suck it up and train Bleakpaw like he had to do with Boulderlgare.

Zero October 11th, 2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 7676)
@Zero to Hero

As they had headed back, Stormblaze made it into the clearing. He stopped for a moment, and watched Bleakpaw enter, holding his fish caught. After the warrior had offered to help his apprentice back on the territory, Stormblaze had heard Bleakpaw mutter something but hadn't really been able to make it out. He was able to guess that it had to do with him since Bleakpaw hadn't said it out loud. But the mentor was tired from the day training his apprentice and didn't feel like getting into a fight with him... for now. He did wish that Bleakpaw was less annoying, and knew that he wasn't the kind of mentor that Bleakpaw wanted. Stormblaze was sometimes disappointed with the apprentices he got, mostly because they seemed to believe they deserve more respect than they give their mentor - like Bleakpaw and Boulderglare - but he some good apprentices - such as Ripplepaw and Crowfoot. But he had to suck it up and train Bleakpaw like he had to do with Boulderlgare.

Bleakpaw padded into the clearing after Stormblaze, his neck aching from having to hold his head up to carry the fish. He regretted not letting his mentor help after only a few minutes on the way back to camp, but had been too proud to say anything to the gruff warrior. He was not happy with the mentor he had gotten, and already resented the next training session he'd had to go on. Why'd you give me one of the most up-tight warriors, Bucknight?? He'd never confront the leader on something like that, though. Tired, and slightly annoyed by having to spend so much time with his mentor, he rushed over to the fresh-kill pile and threw the two fish onto the top. The apprentice snatched up a minnow next, and swallowed it whole before whipping around and walking quickly to the apprentice's den with only a short nod of thanks to Storm as he went. To be honest, Bleak and his mentor were pretty similar in personalities, but they were sure to eventually butt heads; it was inevitable.

Hexict October 11th, 2016 04:43 PM

He could tell how much Bleakpaw was in a rush not to spend any more time with his mentor than he had to, but Stormblaze couldn't really blame him. But the warrior did find it rude as Bleakpaw threw the fish on the fresh-kill pile and quickly swallowed a minnow in order to retire to the apprentices' den. He knew that Bleakpaw was on to something, and started to head towards the warriors' den himself, looking forward to some sleep. He did noticed a quick nod from his apprentice, and stopped for a moment, but then gave a quick nod as well. Despite this, he was still sure that Bleakpaw hated him, but he doubted there was anything they could do to change Bucknight's mind about their situation. The grey warrior didn't want to think about things like that too much, things that couldn't be helped, so he just shrugged it off and headed for sleep.

Ever October 11th, 2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 7392)
Pastblaze looked up as Crimsonmoon offered to share her prey with him. He eyes the rainbow fish as was aware that it was her best catch from the day and was a great piece of fresh-kill over all. He was hesitant to accept, seeing her inviting expression and could hardly recognize the stubborn molly from earlier. Though after a bit, his stomach begged for the fish, and he gave a small nod in agreement. "Thank you," his gruff voice was low as if he was whispering his appreciation to her, but it was mostly because he wasn't use to saying those two simple words to other cats. The silver tom ginger took a bite of the prey, and let the flavor sink in. It tasted amazing! The warrior wasn't known for really showing his emotions all that well, he gave Crimsonmoon an approving nod. "This is really good," he admitted, looking at her for a moment, but pushed it a bit closer her way so she could have a bite now. Pastblaze was genuinely glad that she had offered to share - it was good and it felt like moons since he had actually shared fresh-kill with anyone. He found himself slightly warming up to the crimson warrior... slightly, he didn't let anyone in that easily.

Crimsonmoon watched him with curious eyes as he finally accepted the offer and bent to let his teeth sink into the soft flesh. Her lips quirked upwards when he enjoyed the flavor, she had a hunch that he would as she had yet to meet a RiverClan cat that didn't like a beautiful trout. She pulled the fish a little closer when he nudged it back, her mouth watering with excitement of finally getting a good meal. This would probably be one of her last of this kind until new-leaf came around. "It's my favorite prey." She replied to his comment on the taste, then she finally offered herself the sweet relief the fish brought her. The flavor burst on her tongue, sweet and tangy, unlike any other prey on land. Fish had such a succulent flavor, so different, she though it was a shame the other clans missed out on it. Though she was a greedy enough cat and her empathy was quickly extinguished by it. She took a few more bites before pushing it back, her mouth filled with the tender meat. She ran a paw quickly over her mouth and cheeks to make sure it was clean, then swallowed the rest down. She was glad the fish had been plump, there was plenty to go around between the two of them.

Hexict October 11th, 2016 05:51 PM

(sorry it took so long, got writer's block for this post :()

When he had taken a bite he could feel her watching him, but had ignored it. Now he was watching as she started to eat the prey. After she claimed that it was her favorite prey Pastblaze nodded in understanding, seeing why she liked it so much. It is really good, he watched the rainbow fish as Crimsonmoon started to eat from it. He could tell that she was savoring the flavor of it, enjoying the explosion of taste when it hit her tongue, he had felt the same way while eating the trout. He patiently waited for his turn again, not really rushing Crimsonmoon for he now knew it was her favorite prey to eat. When she passed it back, he took a few simple bites, not wanting to take too much, and returned the prey to the red tabby. He closed his eyes for a moment as he let the flavor sink in some more as he slowly chewed it. When he had swallowed his mouthful, Pastblaze continue to watch Crimsonmmon. Once again did he take notice of her appearance, how nice and well kept she looked, even beautiful, but he was still not anywhere near admitting it out loud.

Maplefur October 12th, 2016 03:06 PM

Minnowstream walked into the Riverclan clearing, carrying her pitiful catch with her. Head down, she walked to the fresh kill pile and dropped her old mouse on it. Her rumbling stomach reminded her that she hadn't eaten yet, and after looking the pile over, she bent down to pick up her mouse again. She refused to take more than she could give to the clan, and she felt bad enough about her lacking skills without taking one of the delicious fish. Walking to the edge of the clearing and finding a sunny spot, she curled up and took a bite of her mouse, wrinkling her nose at the musty taste. She would much rather prefer a fish, but somehow all the fish seemed to know whenever she tried to swipe them out, and they were gone before her paw even hit the water. If I were a better hunter, I would be eating a nice fish, perhaps even a trout. With that thought in mind, she took another bitter bite of her meal.

Hexict October 12th, 2016 03:51 PM

@koer

A young birman stretched as she left the apprentices' den. Her pale orbs seemed to search the clearing for a moment before deciding to head for the fresh-kill pile. She hadn't had much training since becoming an apprentice, but it wasn't too long ago that she ranked up so she didn't let that get to her. Willowpaw stopped at the pile and observed the prey in it, quickly deciding to pick up a small fish and carrying it towards the edge of the clearing. She ate slowly, carefully taking one bite at a time and every once in awhile glancing at her clanmates. Willowpaw had gotten use to the taste of fish. The molly had been born outside the clans, but no one really knew that. Her whole adoption was a secret like who the father of her adopted siblings were. Willowpaw would be eternally grateful to Sunbreeze for taking her in after the floods. She's been through a lot at that time, but the young apprentice was starting to put it all behind her... though she still found it hard to befriend her clanmates.

fab.fox October 12th, 2016 04:37 PM

@Hexict

daisypaw strode through the clearing, blissfully taking in a breath of air. "nice day." she quickly picked up a... less fishy fresh kill and looked around for someone who she could sit down with. she arched her back just as she saw willowpaw by the exit of the clearing, preparing to burst out running to her clanmate. extending her claws for a moment to grab some dirt, the molly narrowed her eyes and suddenly sprang. her thundering paws ran right to willowpaw, slightly missing her stop. she attempted to halt to a complete stop- but instead tripped over herself, dropping her fresh kill she held in her mouth and took in a mouthful of dirt. ouch. daisypaw slowly got up, spat out all remaining earth in her mouth, and picked up her prey. the apprentice turned around and plopped right next to willowpaw, trying to pretend that that small scene never happened. "uh, hey."

Hexict October 12th, 2016 04:46 PM

Her first impression of Daisypaw was that. Watching the clumsy apprentice start to sprint towards her, then feel on her face as she tried to stop in time. Willowpaw's ears were flat in surprise at both the sudden burst of running from the other apprentice, and tripping over herself as she tried to stop right in front of her targeted company. The birman didn't know what to say and Daisypaw spat out her mouthful of dirt and tried to play the whole thing off cool. "Um... hello?" He mewed awkwardly as Daisypaw sat down and said 'hey' to her. The ivory apprentice let pale orbs observe the new comer, not too familiar with her. She was anti-social and wasn't too close to other clans cats - well, except Fernpaw and Sunbreeze. "... I'm Willowpaw," her awkwardness not lifting yet and she began to introduce herself.

Fel October 13th, 2016 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 7450)
Mistpaw's pale eyes were flashing with anger, sick of the blame and sick of everything she's been through. Thinking about her life, the molly sometimes wished she'd never been born. What would've changed? Fallow would be alive and with Mistygaze, Stream never would've been attacked and maybe could've found a way to be with Moss, Rockkit might've even stayed, maybe Petaldown would even bee alive still... It was like everything would've been better without a mess up like her. Maybe she did deserve the blame, but she was actually searching for happiness now, and it was so hard when everything terrible is your fault. She wondered if Royalwatcher happened to be seeing this, watching his apprentice attacking her own brother. In her fit of rage, she continued to attack Aspenmask, leaping at him again as he was still on the ground. Her paw was raised in an attempt to slice his throat, something that Deathstalker had taught her moons ago, when she first became an apprentice. Right when she was about to strike his throat, the molly was able to stop herself. Mistpaw froze, her paw still in the air, and her pale orbs wide in fear of herself - but she had stopped attacking.

His body hitting the ground with a sudden thud, Aspenmask could feel his shoulders bruising as he landed, wincing as a sudden flash of pain tore through his body. Battle wasn't his strong suit, and he was used to hiding in the shadows instead of fighting for himself- and he wasn't very good with endurance, either- he was weak. Growing up with a father who was ruthless, always pushing Aspen to fight and not to be such a 'pansy', he still wasn't as strong as he wanted to be, and it almost felt like the tom was getting weaker every day, every single time somebody ignored him, passed him over. It it my fate, to always be invisible, to be alone for the rest of my life? If that's what will happen to me, I'd be better off stopping now while I was ahead. Watching Mistpaw's raised claws, and her seemingly malicious stare, Aspenmask let out a choked hiss, almost crying. "Kill me, then. If you hate me so much that you ignore me, you yell at me, you leave me behind with somebody who's surely not concerned with my well-being... then go ahead and kill me. I wouldn't want to live in this world, anyways- a world where I have to be your brother."

Hexict October 13th, 2016 12:13 PM

Yell at him? He started it! She tried her best to calm down. Mistpaw slowly lowered her paw, fighting back her violence instincts that Deathstalker had been beating into her since she was a kit. But her training with Royalwatch was changing her view and was giving her a strive for peace... no matter how hard it was for her. The apprentice dug her claws into the ground and trying with all her strength not to leap at him again. When he told her to kill him, when he said he didn't want to live in this world because of her, she felt like her heart broke even more. And she didn't even know it could do that. Mistpaw's pale blue robs widened at this, and it was clear that he hurt her. But then she narrowed them again, and her voice became cold and jagged again. "I won't kill you... you can hate me, and you can wish that I'm not your sister, but that won't change the fact that I am your sister. And I'm not a murder!" She snapped, yelling the last part as if trying to fret her moons in the Dark Forest and learning how to kill anyone. But she didn't moved and didn't try to walk away yet, continued glaring at him, her anger kept her grounded and her claw remained in the earth.

Ever October 13th, 2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 7941)
(sorry it took so long, got writer's block for this post :()

When he had taken a bite he could feel her watching him, but had ignored it. Now he was watching as she started to eat the prey. After she claimed that it was her favorite prey Pastblaze nodded in understanding, seeing why she liked it so much. It is really good, he watched the rainbow fish as Crimsonmoon started to eat from it. He could tell that she was savoring the flavor of it, enjoying the explosion of taste when it hit her tongue, he had felt the same way while eating the trout. He patiently waited for his turn again, not really rushing Crimsonmoon for he now knew it was her favorite prey to eat. When she passed it back, he took a few simple bites, not wanting to take too much, and returned the prey to the red tabby. He closed his eyes for a moment as he let the flavor sink in some more as he slowly chewed it. When he had swallowed his mouthful, Pastblaze continue to watch Crimsonmmon. Once again did he take notice of her appearance, how nice and well kept she looked, even beautiful, but he was still not anywhere near admitting it out loud.

Crimsonmoon gave a nod and shuffled uneasily as she waited for the fish to be returned to her. The both of them seemed to be opening up a little bit to one another now that they had gotten the saltiness out from their meeting. She had caused it, from her sharp tongue and lack of thought, but he seemed to have let that go now that she had begun biting her tongue. She could continue to be nasty and could have not even offered him her prized catch, but something untarnished about her had made her want to share and be kind. She seemed to be lost as to who she truly was still. She bent over the fish and ate, a bit of a frown upon her face as she thought about her small identity crisis. Though she reminded herself that her mother was weak and foolish, that she should try to exterminate most things that came from her influence. Though being open to friends wasn't so bad, and Pastblaze seemed to be enough like Bucknight that they might get along relatively well. She took her time eating, hoping Pastblaze wasn't growing bored, but she just wanted to finish her part of the meal before she pushed the prey back, stomach no longer dying for food. "This was fun, tonight, the competition." The words seemed to tumble mindlessly from her mouth. She hadn't really meant to admit it, it seemed awkward to admit such a thing for her. Her ears flicked back and she looked away, feeling the embarrassment from what she had said settle into her. Her fur raised a little against her spine with the discomfort of the situation. She never said things like this to other cats. She'd never admitted enjoying someone's presence.

fab.fox October 13th, 2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 9074)
Her first impression of Daisypaw was that. Watching the clumsy apprentice start to sprint towards her, then feel on her face as she tried to stop in time. Willowpaw's ears were flat in surprise at both the sudden burst of running from the other apprentice, and tripping over herself as she tried to stop right in front of her targeted company. The birman didn't know what to say and Daisypaw spat out her mouthful of dirt and tried to play the whole thing off cool. "Um... hello?" He mewed awkwardly as Daisypaw sat down and said 'hey' to her. The ivory apprentice let pale orbs observe the new comer, not too familiar with her. She was anti-social and wasn't too close to other clans cats - well, except Fernpaw and Sunbreeze. "... I'm Willowpaw," her awkwardness not lifting yet and she began to introduce herself.

"huh. haven't seen you a lot. not even in the elder's den picking fleas and ticks from the elders' den. that is a retched job. well, nice to meet you. i'm daisypaw." daisypaw raised her head in disgust and wrinkled her nose at the odor of fish. "ew.. fish." trying not to vomit, she made a spiteful glare at the fish willowpaw was eating before attempting a new conversation. "so. do you usually like to go hunting, maybe get dirty in the mud, or get wet in the water hunting fish [even though you dont like it //huff ]?" the molly began to chew on a piece of her water vole, licking her paws every once in awhile, her white fur staining. "what are you into?"