Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   SkyClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SkyClan Apprentices' Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58)

Fawn October 3rd, 2016 11:47 PM

SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Octavia November 21st, 2016 03:25 PM

Re: SkyClan Apprentices' Den

Skyepaw found her eyes flickering open, it was light out, surely she had overslept! It was still hard transitioning towards being a responsible cat of her clan. The she-cat couldn't help but remind herself she wasn't born in Skyclan but had been rescued into the clan by the kindness of the clan itself. She couldn't remember who it was that had even saved her. She tried not to worry about it, that's all the cats around her seemed to say, but she still couldn't help but compare herself to how the others acted.

In the midst of it all the apprentice stumbled over her friend Mistypaw, tumbling head over paws onto the ground, her mewls of protest muffled by said friends bedding. "Ack! Sorry about that, thought I was late!" Skyepaw managed to mumble out, embarrassed.

Derpple and Ashie November 21st, 2016 03:41 PM

Mistypaw rolled onto her side, still adjusting to the clan life as well, and gave a soft 'wha?' as she woke up. She blinked pale green eyes up at her friend, and then huffed in further confusion. "I don't wanna," she muttered as she rolled onto her other side, closing her eyes to catch a few more minutes of sleep before her mind caught up with what she'd seen and heard. Jumping up in alarm, Mistypaw looked about the den nervously. "Uh, what time is it? Don't tell me we both missed our first lessons!" She meowed quickly, hardly even taking a moment to breathe before she was grooming down her scruffy pelt. "Oh if we did our mentors are going to make us do the worst thing possible!"

Octavia November 21st, 2016 04:06 PM

@Derpple and Ashie

Skyepaw couldn't help but widen her eyes as she started to let those fears she had quashed rise up again, busying herself to start hastily grooming her fur, trying to make sure all the moss was gone. "I-I I dunno! I don't remember when they said that the first lesson would be!" The squeaky cries of near panic were all she could muster before starting to move towards the exit of the den, bumping head first into the wall in her haste. "Ow!"

Derpple and Ashie November 21st, 2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octavia (Post 43469)
@Derpple and Ashie

Skyepaw couldn't help but widen her eyes as she started to let those fears she had quashed rise up again, busying herself to start hastily grooming her fur, trying to make sure all the moss was gone. "I-I I dunno! I don't remember when they said that the first lesson would be!" The squeaky cries of near panic were all she could muster before starting to move towards the exit of the den, bumping head first into the wall in her haste. "Ow!"

Mistypaw shook in horror, and started after her friend, hopeful that their mentors would be forgiving if they had been late!>

Asikari December 29th, 2016 10:43 PM

Asikari walked into the den. She hid her dragon wings under the cloak she wore. She looked around, trying to find someone to help her become a Medicine Cat Apprentice.

doghouse March 5th, 2017 09:00 PM

Shadepaw slipped silently into the apprentices' den, glad to be out of the cold. Despite how cloudy the sky was, patches of sunlight still filtered through, and whenever she spent long in the sun, her skin always grew red and sore. Flicking her ears, the white furred molly sat down, looking around with pale blue hues, centered by red pupils. Her eyes danced with mischief. She felt as though she had to be doing something, but looking outside, the apprentice wondered if she should wait until dusk. That was the safest time for her, anyways, she'd been up all night every night for every moon that had followed her apprenticeship ceremony.

Pausing, she flattened her ears, then collapsed sideways in her nest, heaving a sigh and closing her eyes for a moment. Then she held her paws over her muzzle, narrowing her unusual eyes to no more than blackish red and pale, icy blue slits. Grunting, the bored apprentice sat up, then looked about, wondering iif perhaps somebody would want to have some fun with her.

@KitKat12

The Mad Katter March 5th, 2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 192481)
Shadepaw slipped silently into the apprentices' den, glad to be out of the cold. Despite how cloudy the sky was, patches of sunlight still filtered through, and whenever she spent long in the sun, her skin always grew red and sore. Flicking her ears, the white furred molly sat down, looking around with pale blue hues, centered by red pupils. Her eyes danced with mischief. She felt as though she had to be doing something, but looking outside, the apprentice wondered if she should wait until dusk. That was the safest time for her, anyways, she'd been up all night every night for every moon that had followed her apprenticeship ceremony.

Pausing, she flattened her ears, then collapsed sideways in her nest, heaving a sigh and closing her eyes for a moment. Then she held her paws over her muzzle, narrowing her unusual eyes to no more than blackish red and pale, icy blue slits. Grunting, the bored apprentice sat up, then looked about, wondering iif perhaps somebody would want to have some fun with her.

@KitKat12

Ivypaw slept in her nest, soundly sleeping. She was dreaming about a white butterfly. It was dark, just before dawn, and she was chasing the butterfly. She hadn't stopped to wonder why a butterfly would be out at this time, but, then again, it was a dream. Ivypaw continued chasing the glowing white insect, not having this much fun since she was a kit. The butterfly landed and Ivypaw giggled, narrowing her eyes. Finally, she thought. I can catch it. She crouched, preparing to leap, when the sun's rays extended across the world and lit up the sky, beginning the morning. The butterfly vanished in a cloud of smoke and Ivypaw blinked, sitting up in her nest. She looked around her den, a little disappointed that she hadn't caught the butterfly. Her blue eyes landed on a white figure in the den. "Hello, Shadepaw!" She mewed cheerfully, shaking her pelt to dislodge any stray pieces of moss. "What are you up to today?" She asked, wondering if Shadepaw had any plans. Maybe they could do something. To be honest, now that she had waken up, the grey she-cat was slightly bored already.

doghouse March 5th, 2017 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat12 (Post 192499)
Ivypaw slept in her nest, soundly sleeping. She was dreaming about a white butterfly. It was dark, just before dawn, and she was chasing the butterfly. She hadn't stopped to wonder why a butterfly would be out at this time, but, then again, it was a dream. Ivypaw continued chasing the glowing white insect, not having this much fun since she was a kit. The butterfly landed and Ivypaw giggled, narrowing her eyes. Finally, she thought. I can catch it. She crouched, preparing to leap, when the sun's rays extended across the world and lit up the sky, beginning the morning. The butterfly vanished in a cloud of smoke and Ivypaw blinked, sitting up in her nest. She looked around her den, a little disappointed that she hadn't caught the butterfly. Her blue eyes landed on a white figure in the den. "Hello, Shadepaw!" She mewed cheerfully, shaking her pelt to dislodge any stray pieces of moss. "What are you up to today?" She asked, wondering if Shadepaw had any plans. Maybe they could do something. To be honest, now that she had waken up, the grey she-cat was slightly bored already.

Shadepaw heard someone call her name and blinked, wondering if she was simply hearing things, then she saw that it was Ivypaw. Climbing to her paws, the white apprentice yawned, revealing her pink tongue and gums, along with sharp, pointy teeth. She climbed to her paws, tilting her head. “Well, I was going to rest, but ah … I'm too bored and restless. Did you have any plans?” she inquired, wondering for a moment if today would be any cloudier than yesterday. Shadepaw hoped so, as she hated sunny days, despite what others thought. She didn't care what others thought, and she raised one paw, licking it and drawing it over her ears. “And then I was going to… explore. ” she added thoughtfully, her tone slightly hesitant, but it quickly vanished as she gazed at Ivypaw, waiting for a response.

The Mad Katter March 6th, 2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 192528)

Shadepaw heard someone call her name and blinked, wondering if she was simply hearing things, then she saw that it was Ivypaw. Climbing to her paws, the white apprentice yawned, revealing her pink tongue and gums, along with sharp, pointy teeth. She climbed to her paws, tilting her head. “Well, I was going to rest, but ah … I'm too bored and restless. Did you have any plans?” she inquired, wondering for a moment if today would be any cloudier than yesterday. Shadepaw hoped so, as she hated sunny days, despite what others thought. She didn't care what others thought, and she raised one paw, licking it and drawing it over her ears. “And then I was going to… explore. ” she added thoughtfully, her tone slightly hesitant, but it quickly vanished as she gazed at Ivypaw, waiting for a response.

"I don't have anything I need to do," Ivypaw frowned a moment, thinking. "At least, I don't think so...." she trailed off, deep in thought, only to bounce back again. "But, oh well! I'll do whatever you want to do!" The things Shadepaw could do were limited, and Ivypaw knew that. She just didn't know the full extent of what her friend could and couldn't do. Because of that, Ivypaw lets Shadepaw pick most of their activities. The grey apprentice flicked her ears and shook her pelt one more time. Finally satisfied, Ivypaw hopped out of her nest and trotted up to Shadepaw, ready for any adventure she cared to take them on.

doghouse March 6th, 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat12 (Post 192660)
"I don't have anything I need to do," Ivypaw frowned a moment, thinking. "At least, I don't think so...." she trailed off, deep in thought, only to bounce back again. "But, oh well! I'll do whatever you want to do!" The things Shadepaw could do were limited, and Ivypaw knew that. She just didn't know the full extent of what her friend could and couldn't do. Because of that, Ivypaw lets Shadepaw pick most of their activities. The grey apprentice flicked her ears and shook her pelt one more time. Finally satisfied, Ivypaw hopped out of her nest and trotted up to Shadepaw, ready for any adventure she cared to take them on.

Shadepaw jumped to her paws, her eyes wide with sudden excitement. She'd just had an excellent idea, and couldn't wait to tell Ivypaw, but still, she hesitated, wondering if Ivypaw would like the plan as much as she did. Ducking her head, she gave her white chest fur a few quick, embarrassed licks with her tongue. “Does exploring the territory sound good?” she asked, her tail tip twitching. She wanted to explore the dark bits on the territory, even if getting there would mean hopping from tree shadow to tree shadow to keep from getting burned by the sunlight. She tilted her head expectantly, wondering if Ivypaw either liked the idea or had a better one.

The Mad Katter March 6th, 2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 192840)

Shadepaw jumped to her paws, her eyes wide with sudden excitement. She'd just had an excellent idea, and couldn't wait to tell Ivypaw, but still, she hesitated, wondering if Ivypaw would like the plan as much as she did. Ducking her head, she gave her white chest fur a few quick, embarrassed licks with her tongue. “Does exploring the territory sound good?” she asked, her tail tip twitching. She wanted to explore the dark bits on the territory, even if getting there would mean hopping from tree shadow to tree shadow to keep from getting burned by the sunlight. She tilted her head expectantly, wondering if Ivypaw either liked the idea or had a better one.

(I had to make a duplicate of Ivypaw so we can't exactly go into the territory)
"Hmmm," Ivypaw scrunched up her nose. Exploring the territory sounded fun, especially with Shadepaw, who always seemed to have a trick up her..fur?(Idk) However, Ivypaw knew of something even better. She narrowed her eyes. "How about we go somewhere better, like twolegplace," she suggested. Sensing the looming disagreement, she quickly added, "It has lots of shadows for us to hide in, and how aggressive can kittypets be, anyway? All they do is sit around and eat that kittypet slop," Ivypaw wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Give me a mouse anyday." Looking at Shadepaw hopefully she added one last bit of information. "Besides, we'll be back before anyone notices we're gone, and if someone does question us, we can hunt on our way back, that way we provide the Clan with food as well," she finished with a little hop and kit eyes, desperately hoping Shadepaw would agree. She had given some good points, and Ivypaw hated to be declined after she had worked so hard trying to convince someone of something. "Please?" she begged, more like a kit than an apprentice.

doghouse March 7th, 2017 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat12 (Post 192847)
(I had to make a duplicate of Ivypaw so we can't exactly go into the territory)
"Hmmm," Ivypaw scrunched up her nose. Exploring the territory sounded fun, especially with Shadepaw, who always seemed to have a trick up her..fur?(Idk) However, Ivypaw knew of something even better. She narrowed her eyes. "How about we go somewhere better, like twolegplace," she suggested. Sensing the looming disagreement, she quickly added, "It has lots of shadows for us to hide in, and how aggressive can kittypets be, anyway? All they do is sit around and eat that kittypet slop," Ivypaw wrinkled her nose in disgust. "Give me a mouse anyday." Looking at Shadepaw hopefully she added one last bit of information. "Besides, we'll be back before anyone notices we're gone, and if someone does question us, we can hunt on our way back, that way we provide the Clan with food as well," she finished with a little hop and kit eyes, desperately hoping Shadepaw would agree. She had given some good points, and Ivypaw hated to be declined after she had worked so hard trying to convince someone of something. "Please?" she begged, more like a kit than an apprentice.

Shadepaw's hues lit up, but she otherwise his her excitement, curious to see how far Ivypaw was going to take it in an attempt to convince her to agree. Wrapping her tail around her paws, she listened indifferently to Ivypaw's kit-like begging, waiting until she was finished before bouncing up, her fur on end. “I was gonna agree with ya the entire time you mouse-brain.” she laughed, giving her friend a light shove in the shoulder to prove that that had been a playful insult and not a mean one. She wondered what TwolegPlace looked like, as she'd never actually been there, and the elders' descriptions all varied, and Shadepaw couldn't tell who's description was to most accurate. A faint grin appeared on her maw, and she looked around to make sure nobody was listening in on their conversation. She did not want to get in trouble for this, although, she supposed that even if she was caught, it wouldn't change anyone's view on her. Almost everybody thinks she's a liar.

The Mad Katter March 7th, 2017 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 193640)

Shadepaw's hues lit up, but she otherwise his her excitement, curious to see how far Ivypaw was going to take it in an attempt to convince her to agree. Wrapping her tail around her paws, she listened indifferently to Ivypaw's kit-like begging, waiting until she was finished before bouncing up, her fur on end. “I was gonna agree with ya the entire time you mouse-brain.” she laughed, giving her friend a light shove in the shoulder to prove that that had been a playful insult and not a mean one. She wondered what TwolegPlace looked like, as she'd never actually been there, and the elders' descriptions all varied, and Shadepaw couldn't tell who's description was to most accurate. A faint grin appeared on her maw, and she looked around to make sure nobody was listening in on their conversation. She did not want to get in trouble for this, although, she supposed that even if she was caught, it wouldn't change anyone's view on her. Almost everybody thinks she's a liar.

Ivypaw gave a little hop. "Yay!" She cheered. Even though Ivypaw was far from immature, she still acted childish sometimes. She was filled with excitement at the prospect of such an adventure and couldn't wait to get going. "Let's go," she yowled, leaping into the air with her powerful hind legs. When she landed on the ground, she looked at Shadepaw with an apology in her eyes. "Sorry," she whispered, remembering that they needed to keep quiet. Although she had not eaten yet, she could feel no hunger, for her adrenaline filled her. "Let's go," she whispered again, this time quietly. With exaggeration, she crept to the entrance of the den and peeked out, looking for warriors.

doghouse March 7th, 2017 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat12 (Post 193998)
Ivypaw gave a little hop. "Yay!" She cheered. Even though Ivypaw was far from immature, she still acted childish sometimes. She was filled with excitement at the prospect of such an adventure and couldn't wait to get going. "Let's go," she yowled, leaping into the air with her powerful hind legs. When she landed on the ground, she looked at Shadepaw with an apology in her eyes. "Sorry," she whispered, remembering that they needed to keep quiet. Although she had not eaten yet, she could feel no hunger, for her adrenaline filled her. "Let's go," she whispered again, this time quietly. With exaggeration, she crept to the entrance of the den and peeked out, looking for warriors.

Shadepaw flattened her ears, biting her tongue to avoid saying something she knew she would regret, as it would likely cost her Ivypaw's friendship. When Ivypaw apologized, she nodded, slightly amused by the other apprentice's antics. Swiping her tongue over her maw, clearing the sharp, metallic taste of blood from her mouth, as she'd bit down on her tongue harder than she'd realized and blood filled her mouth slightly. Sighing, she followed her friend, peering out of the den with eyes narrowed to avoid looking at the sunlight which streamed into the den. She glanced around, the pulled her head back in, blinking and shaking her head to clear the flashing afterimages left branded into her vision by the light. “I have a better idea.” she said, sitting down. “Instead of rushing out of camp, let's look like we're supposed to be leaving camp. If we're questioned,” she doubted they would be, but stated this anyways, “then we'll tell them that we're going to fetch fresh bedding for the nursery.” she explained, the tip of her slender white tail twitching to and fro as she spoke, hoping that Ivypaw had no problem with lying.

The Mad Katter March 7th, 2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 194019)

Shadepaw flattened her ears, biting her tongue to avoid saying something she knew she would regret, as it would likely cost her Ivypaw's friendship. When Ivypaw apologized, she nodded, slightly amused by the other apprentice's antics. Swiping her tongue over her maw, clearing the sharp, metallic taste of blood from her mouth, as she'd bit down on her tongue harder than she'd realized and blood filled her mouth slightly. Sighing, she followed her friend, peering out of the den with eyes narrowed to avoid looking at the sunlight which streamed into the den. She glanced around, the pulled her head back in, blinking and shaking her head to clear the flashing afterimages left branded into her vision by the light. “I have a better idea.” she said, sitting down. “Instead of rushing out of camp, let's look like we're supposed to be leaving camp. If we're questioned,” she doubted they would be, but stated this anyways, “then we'll tell them that we're going to fetch fresh bedding for the nursery.” she explained, the tip of her slender white tail twitching to and fro as she spoke, hoping that Ivypaw had no problem with lying.

Ivypaw tilted her head, considering this plan. It was good, but she could find a few problems. "We could say that, but don't you think that a better lie would be that we're going out hunting? Because we are probably going to be out for awhile, and gathering moss doesn't take that long at all," Ivypaw flattened her ears and lowered her tail after saying this, over thinking like always and thinking that she sounded controlling. That was Ivypaw's problem. She tends to be bossy and controlling, but she doesn't mean to. She just thinks she has better ideas and likes to share them and try to make her idea the idea used. Her head lowered and she looked up at Shadepaw through her eyelashes, asking for forgiveness, if there was anything to forgive that is. Ivypaw also tended to be dramatic, making a situation seem worse than it actually was. Her breathing became shallow as she waited in tense anticipation for Shadepaw's reply, hoping it wasn't too bad.

doghouse March 7th, 2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat12 (Post 194052)
Ivypaw tilted her head, considering this plan. It was good, but she could find a few problems. "We could say that, but don't you think that a better lie would be that we're going out hunting? Because we are probably going to be out for awhile, and gathering moss doesn't take that long at all," Ivypaw flattened her ears and lowered her tail after saying this, over thinking like always and thinking that she sounded controlling. That was Ivypaw's problem. She tends to be bossy and controlling, but she doesn't mean to. She just thinks she has better ideas and likes to share them and try to make her idea the idea used. Her head lowered and she looked up at Shadepaw through her eyelashes, asking for forgiveness, if there was anything to forgive that is. Ivypaw also tended to be dramatic, making a situation seem worse than it actually was. Her breathing became shallow as she waited in tense anticipation for Shadepaw's reply, hoping it wasn't too bad.

Shadepaw nodded, then raised one paw. “That's true to some extent, but, I see a small problem in that. We must hunt only on either the way to the border or after we're almost back, or else the prey may smell of TwolegPlace, or other strange scents.” she said, then, pleased with the plan, she rose, her white fur flashing in the pale sunlight that filtered into the den. She hoped it was blocked by clouds just a little, or it could more easily harm her. She gave an odd bowing motion with her head, then held her tail high. She was grateful to Ivypaw for pointing out those problems, but her pride was too much for her to be able to easily admit that, so she gave a simple and barely noticeable nod of appreciation. “Shall we go?” she asked, her snow colored pelt bristling with anticipation and excitement, but she kept her face stony and and her movements subdued and slight weary. She didn't want anyone noticing her mischievous grin and obvious excitement as she usually displayed when up to something, but instead gave off an air of reluctance and displeasure. Then, without awaiting for Ivypaw's response, she padded out of the den, sticking close to the cold shadows.

The Mad Katter March 10th, 2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 194586)

Shadepaw nodded, then raised one paw. “That's true to some extent, but, I see a small problem in that. We must hunt only on either the way to the border or after we're almost back, or else the prey may smell of TwolegPlace, or other strange scents.” she said, then, pleased with the plan, she rose, her white fur flashing in the pale sunlight that filtered into the den. She hoped it was blocked by clouds just a little, or it could more easily harm her. She gave an odd bowing motion with her head, then held her tail high. She was grateful to Ivypaw for pointing out those problems, but her pride was too much for her to be able to easily admit that, so she gave a simple and barely noticeable nod of appreciation. “Shall we go?” she asked, her snow colored pelt bristling with anticipation and excitement, but she kept her face stony and and her movements subdued and slight weary. She didn't want anyone noticing her mischievous grin and obvious excitement as she usually displayed when up to something, but instead gave off an air of reluctance and displeasure. Then, without awaiting for Ivypaw's response, she padded out of the den, sticking close to the cold shadows.

Ivypaw nodded, rising up from her slight crouch, grateful that Shadepaw wasn't mad at her slightly bossy tone. Following her friend out of the apprentices den, words at the tip of her tongue begged her to tell Shadepaw what she thought they should do, but for now she let Shadepaw take the lead, walking beside her to hopefully block out some of the sun from hitting her pelt. And so, she followed the white she-cat, praying to Starclan that they didn't get caught.
(Post in camp first or skip to territory?)

lone August 10th, 2017 05:12 PM

A black Maine Coon entered the apprentice's den, his lantern-yellow eyes gleaming in the dark. His paws fell softly on the ground as he made his way towards his nest - the day had been a long one. A long day that the tom was not planning on having a repeat of. Hard work was not something that Nightpaw was afraid of, but long days? He didn't like those whatsoever. Mainly because they seemed to hint towards soreness and exhuastion the next day, which might keep the black tom from giving it his all. As his eyes adjusted from outside to inside, he could see the various cats who were hanging out in here. At the end of the day, it was quite a good place to gather. That or the clearing, and Nightpaw appreciated both. Right now all he wanted to do was sit and be alone. Without his annoying brother or those crummy apprentices who had been bothering him lately - Nightpaw was glad of the alone time. His yellow eyes gleamed once more, their lantern-like appearance eerie among the quiet chatter of the other apprentices. He remained silent. No effort to join the conversation was made by the tom, and he seemed to like it that way.

Nightpaw wasn't really one to engage others in conversation. He never had been. He was more of the 'snap at others to go away' type then a really friendly type. Slowly, the large feline lowered his head to groom his thick fur. His ears were still up and alert, waiting for anyone to approach him. The nests beside his were vacant... Nightpaw wasn't sure who they belonged to because frankly, he had never cared enough to take a look at the other cats in the Clan. They were useless to him. Everyone but Foxpaw, and the ginger tom was quickly becoming annoying as well. Nightpaw wasn't a fan of the other cat. Sharp yellow eyes glanced up at the other cats for a moment, before he returned to what he was doing. Strong, determined licks quickly cleaned his fur and he stopped after a moment to stretch out. The tom was getting bigger every moon, and his nest was almost too small for him now. In another three or four moons... he would be a warrior. A strong warrior. A warrior that others would fear, and those who had been mean to him in his kithood and apprenticehood? They would pay. They would all pay. They would be very, very sorry for what they had done to him.

@meraki

meraki August 12th, 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 349257)
A black Maine Coon entered the apprentice's den, his lantern-yellow eyes gleaming in the dark. His paws fell softly on the ground as he made his way towards his nest - the day had been a long one. A long day that the tom was not planning on having a repeat of. Hard work was not something that Nightpaw was afraid of, but long days? He didn't like those whatsoever. Mainly because they seemed to hint towards soreness and exhuastion the next day, which might keep the black tom from giving it his all. As his eyes adjusted from outside to inside, he could see the various cats who were hanging out in here. At the end of the day, it was quite a good place to gather. That or the clearing, and Nightpaw appreciated both. Right now all he wanted to do was sit and be alone. Without his annoying brother or those crummy apprentices who had been bothering him lately - Nightpaw was glad of the alone time. His yellow eyes gleamed once more, their lantern-like appearance eerie among the quiet chatter of the other apprentices. He remained silent. No effort to join the conversation was made by the tom, and he seemed to like it that way.

Nightpaw wasn't really one to engage others in conversation. He never had been. He was more of the 'snap at others to go away' type then a really friendly type. Slowly, the large feline lowered his head to groom his thick fur. His ears were still up and alert, waiting for anyone to approach him. The nests beside his were vacant... Nightpaw wasn't sure who they belonged to because frankly, he had never cared enough to take a look at the other cats in the Clan. They were useless to him. Everyone but Foxpaw, and the ginger tom was quickly becoming annoying as well. Nightpaw wasn't a fan of the other cat. Sharp yellow eyes glanced up at the other cats for a moment, before he returned to what he was doing. Strong, determined licks quickly cleaned his fur and he stopped after a moment to stretch out. The tom was getting bigger every moon, and his nest was almost too small for him now. In another three or four moons... he would be a warrior. A strong warrior. A warrior that others would fear, and those who had been mean to him in his kithood and apprenticehood? They would pay. They would all pay. They would be very, very sorry for what they had done to him.

@meraki

Staring out into space, the young tortoiseshell-and-white apprentice hardly even noticed the entrance of the large, black Maine Coon. Nettlepaw didn't know Nightpaw well at all- in fact,
she'd doubted he'd ever spoken to her once. Of course, that was no surprise to the mute she-cat; most avoided her. Found her 'weird', but Nettle couldn't blame them. She wasn't at all normal; she knew that for a fact. Normal cats weren't scared of everything that moved. Normal cats made friends. Normal cats talked.
But Nettle was perfectly fine without talking. She was a listener; a good listener. Though eavesdropper would be more accurate, as no one really told her much. She didn't exactly have friends, and she doubted anyone even knew her name. Nettle had been brought to the camp by a warrior who'd found her as a kit. She'd run away from abusive twolegs at a mere 3 moons old, though must have come a long way because there weren't many twoleg dwellings anywhere near the SkyClan camp.
Since then, Nettlepaw had only said one thing; her name. That was the last time she'd spoken.

But now her gaze drifted from the wall, and fell upon the Maine Coon once more, who seemed to be angrily licking his pelt while sitting in a nest that was becoming too small for the large cat. Thoughts returned to Nettlepaw's head, questions that most likely wouldn't be answered.
What is your name?
How many moons are you?
Are you excited to be a warrior?
Do you like your mentor?
Have you learned any new hunting tips?
Do you like hunting or fighting more?
Would you be my friend?

But none of those questions would ever be asked by the selectively mute she-cat, who was scared to approach a kit let alone a cat her own age. Nettlepaw's gaze fell down to her paws as she shifted awkwardly in her too-big nest, staring at the feathers and leaves that made up the cozy bed. The feathers were all different colours, some grey, some brown, some white, some black. She wondered who caught the bird who's feathers had been used to give her comfort at night. Who'd eaten that bird? Did the bird have any chicks of its' own? Had they seen things indescribable as they flew above the clouds? Or had they spent their moons quiet, silent, and never flying for fear of falling?

lone August 13th, 2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meraki (Post 351444)
Staring out into space, the young tortoiseshell-and-white apprentice hardly even noticed the entrance of the large, black Maine Coon. Nettlepaw didn't know Nightpaw well at all- in fact,
she'd doubted he'd ever spoken to her once. Of course, that was no surprise to the mute she-cat; most avoided her. Found her 'weird', but Nettle couldn't blame them. She wasn't at all normal; she knew that for a fact. Normal cats weren't scared of everything that moved. Normal cats made friends. Normal cats talked.
But Nettle was perfectly fine without talking. She was a listener; a good listener. Though eavesdropper would be more accurate, as no one really told her much. She didn't exactly have friends, and she doubted anyone even knew her name. Nettle had been brought to the camp by a warrior who'd found her as a kit. She'd run away from abusive twolegs at a mere 3 moons old, though must have come a long way because there weren't many twoleg dwellings anywhere near the SkyClan camp.
Since then, Nettlepaw had only said one thing; her name. That was the last time she'd spoken.

But now her gaze drifted from the wall, and fell upon the Maine Coon once more, who seemed to be angrily licking his pelt while sitting in a nest that was becoming too small for the large cat. Thoughts returned to Nettlepaw's head, questions that most likely wouldn't be answered.
What is your name?
How many moons are you?
Are you excited to be a warrior?
Do you like your mentor?
Have you learned any new hunting tips?
Do you like hunting or fighting more?
Would you be my friend?

But none of those questions would ever be asked by the selectively mute she-cat, who was scared to approach a kit let alone a cat her own age. Nettlepaw's gaze fell down to her paws as she shifted awkwardly in her too-big nest, staring at the feathers and leaves that made up the cozy bed. The feathers were all different colours, some grey, some brown, some white, some black. She wondered who caught the bird who's feathers had been used to give her comfort at night. Who'd eaten that bird? Did the bird have any chicks of its' own? Had they seen things indescribable as they flew above the clouds? Or had they spent their moons quiet, silent, and never flying for fear of falling?

Pausing his grooming, the tom glanced up to see Nettlepaw staring at him. He had never spoken to her directly - however, he had heard stories of the partly mute cat who resided in SkyClan. Never before had he heard her say a word. And he sincerely doubted that he ever would. "What are you staring at me for?" His voice came off as accusing, although he had meant it to be a generally curious question. The tom wasn't one who spoke a ton either. So how were they supposed to have a conversation? How could they have one anyways, when Nettlepaw didn't speak? Why doesn't she talk? It was a question that was playing over and over in Nightpaw's mind. Now, one thing about the tom was that he was considered a bully. He was considered the type of cat that you would stay away from, if you had what was considered a disability. The type of cat you wouldn't want to cross paths with. "For real though, I don't even know who you are, so why are you-" Nightpaw's voice had risen to an aggressive level, and he stopped when he realized the she cat wasn't even looking at him anymore.

What had she wanted? Why had she been staring at him? He really wanted to know, but at the same time... he wasn't sure that he would ever find out. See, with a cat like Nettlepaw, or at least a cat who had her particular condition, Nightpaw was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get much information out of them. Since Nettlepaw couldn't speak. Or, what was it... she could, but she wouldn't. Stubborn - much like Nightpaw himself, although it seemed the black tom had missed the point entirely. "I'm Nightpaw. And I'm pretty sure I've heard of you - you're that mute cat, aren't you?" Again, his voice sounded scornful. As though he were above Nettlepaw because she was mute and he wasn't. Whether she had the ability to talk or not didn't matter, because she didn't talk.

Even if she stammered, it wouldn't make the black tom feel so frustrated. He hated having things out of his control. And this was a number one thing that he couldn't control, the way that someone else talked. Or, didn't talk, rather. At least she wasn't friends with that grey idiot. It would make him furious if she decided to run off with someone like that weak apprentice... or soon to be warrior rather. Nightpaw might not have seen Azulpaw lately, but he still hated the tom with every fiber of his being. And he was certain that Nettlepaw would feel the same way if she met him. He was such a smart mouth! Perhaps if things were different, they would be friends. But if things were different, Nightpaw would be ruling the world and there wouldn't be any other clans.

He didn't like the other clans. Didn't trust them. He believed them to be sneaky and suspicious and awful. Nightpaw's yellow eyes fixed themselves on Nettlepaw, not quite thinking about whether or not she would be uncomfortable by this. Then again, rare was the occasion when the tom really thought of others. He wasn't thoughtful. The word wasn't in Nightpaw's vocabulary, and he certainly wasn't going to be thoughtful towards a cat whom he had just met... in this case, Nettlepaw. Besides, the sting of heartbreak was still fresh and it was ten times harder to try making a friend with a broken heart, wasn't it? That's what it seemed like to Nightpaw. Yes, so much could be different... but it wasn't, and the tom didn't have the energy to try and make it that way. Besides! He liked the way he was. There was nothing wrong with some arrogance now and again, was there?

No.

Absolutely not.

meraki August 14th, 2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 353019)
Pausing his grooming, the tom glanced up to see Nettlepaw staring at him. He had never spoken to her directly - however, he had heard stories of the partly mute cat who resided in SkyClan. Never before had he heard her say a word. And he sincerely doubted that he ever would. "What are you staring at me for?" His voice came off as accusing, although he had meant it to be a generally curious question. The tom wasn't one who spoke a ton either. So how were they supposed to have a conversation? How could they have one anyways, when Nettlepaw didn't speak? Why doesn't she talk? It was a question that was playing over and over in Nightpaw's mind. Now, one thing about the tom was that he was considered a bully. He was considered the type of cat that you would stay away from, if you had what was considered a disability. The type of cat you wouldn't want to cross paths with. "For real though, I don't even know who you are, so why are you-" Nightpaw's voice had risen to an aggressive level, and he stopped when he realized the she cat wasn't even looking at him anymore.

What had she wanted? Why had she been staring at him? He really wanted to know, but at the same time... he wasn't sure that he would ever find out. See, with a cat like Nettlepaw, or at least a cat who had her particular condition, Nightpaw was pretty sure you wouldn't be able to get much information out of them. Since Nettlepaw couldn't speak. Or, what was it... she could, but she wouldn't. Stubborn - much like Nightpaw himself, although it seemed the black tom had missed the point entirely. "I'm Nightpaw. And I'm pretty sure I've heard of you - you're that mute cat, aren't you?" Again, his voice sounded scornful. As though he were above Nettlepaw because she was mute and he wasn't. Whether she had the ability to talk or not didn't matter, because she didn't talk.

Even if she stammered, it wouldn't make the black tom feel so frustrated. He hated having things out of his control. And this was a number one thing that he couldn't control, the way that someone else talked. Or, didn't talk, rather. At least she wasn't friends with that grey idiot. It would make him furious if she decided to run off with someone like that weak apprentice... or soon to be warrior rather. Nightpaw might not have seen Azulpaw lately, but he still hated the tom with every fiber of his being. And he was certain that Nettlepaw would feel the same way if she met him. He was such a smart mouth! Perhaps if things were different, they would be friends. But if things were different, Nightpaw would be ruling the world and there wouldn't be any other clans.

He didn't like the other clans. Didn't trust them. He believed them to be sneaky and suspicious and awful. Nightpaw's yellow eyes fixed themselves on Nettlepaw, not quite thinking about whether or not she would be uncomfortable by this. Then again, rare was the occasion when the tom really thought of others. He wasn't thoughtful. The word wasn't in Nightpaw's vocabulary, and he certainly wasn't going to be thoughtful towards a cat whom he had just met... in this case, Nettlepaw. Besides, the sting of heartbreak was still fresh and it was ten times harder to try making a friend with a broken heart, wasn't it? That's what it seemed like to Nightpaw. Yes, so much could be different... but it wasn't, and the tom didn't have the energy to try and make it that way. Besides! He liked the way he was. There was nothing wrong with some arrogance now and again, was there?

No.

Absolutely not.

Words- harsh words shook Nettlepaw from her thoughts on the birds. They sounded scornful, and at first, she couldn't be sure if the words were directed at her, or another. She flinched noticeably at first, her first instinct was to hide or protect herself, but Nettle quickly processed this before she could hide. The large, black cat she'd been looking at earlier must have noticed her gaze. And now he spoke.
His voice was deep and rumbling, with the potential to be very powerful. He spoke with pride and arrogance, something Nettlepaw never wore around her neck. He seemed to be annoyed with her, though it was to her surprise that he knew of her; or at least of her name and what was considered a disability.
Is that all I'll ever be? Nettlepaw, that mute cat?

It hurt. It hurt and she couldn't doubt that. He sounded angry at her, and she couldn't figure out why. The way he looked at her, like she was lower than him. Like she simply didn't "count" as a cat because of her disability. Nettlepaw knew he might not have meant it that way on purpose, and maybe he just had trouble controlling his emotions, but it didn't matter. He- of Nightpaw, as he'd introduced himself, was just like everyone else. They were confused by her, weirded out, freaked out, maybe. But now he was looking at her, and by the look in his eyes, he was annoyed. Angry, too. Nettlepaw had gotten rather good at reading cats, mainly because she had to figure everything out herself, unable to ask questions.
Why are you mad at me? She wondered
Did someone hurt you too?

Not wanting to be there too long, with this cat she didn't even know growing frustrated with her, Nettlepaw got to her paws. She was noticeably smaller than most cats her age, thinner too. She cast a glance over at Nightpaw one last time, her expression exhausted, fed up, and hurt. Nettlepaw then turned and padded out of the apprentices' den, and into the grassy clearing.

(sorry it's so short! shall we move to the clearing?)

Burnpaw August 23rd, 2017 09:15 PM

Festerpaw curled up miserably. I hate everything. She sniffed angrily and narrowed her eyes. She'd noticed that she wasn't very popular with any cats ever... But it was still hard for her to be this age without any friends. Sure she was ill tempered, and not very good at anything but fighting, (and even she admitted that she was an ugly cat), but she still deserved to be treated like she was a cat... Right? Then and there she thought about how much she despised her family. Her father had been some unknown rogue, her mother had gotten rid of her because she was a mistake, and her brother Adderpaw forgot she existed. She'd seen him at the last gathering,
flirting with every she cat near his age group because he was handsome and charismatic and could get away with it. She hated him. Of course mother didn't get rid of him, he was too perfect! He'd been blessed to be good at everything while she was cursed to be terrible at it all! She put her scraggly tail over her paws and glared at the wall, wishing she'd never been born..

Tundra September 17th, 2017 12:31 PM

Goldenpaw stood outside the entrance of the Apprentice den.
She ducked and slipped inside.
"H- Hello?" The new Apprentice mewed nervously. "Is... Is anyone there?" Goldenpaw walked to an empty nest at the back of the den.
"This seems like a good spot." She purred.

[Writers Block]

@Spikes

Spikes September 17th, 2017 05:50 PM

Currantpaw was happily nestled in the apprentice's den, looking around at the surrounding cats. She was above them, and she knew it. No one would stand up to her if she were to push any of them around, both verbally and physically, and she was perfectly comfortable with that. No one was going to get on her bad side today, unless she decided on her own.
No one... Or someone like that. The small cat stared at the new arrival, bunching up her paws as they entered, obviously not expecting to be bothered. Currantpaw took advantage of this, levering herself up and slinking over to the new cat.
"I don't think we've met. What's your name?" she questioned innocently, though stood in the way of the entrance to the den. She'd cornered the cat, and they were going to have to deal with what was next when she fired off.
"I'm Currantpaw... And you're not welcome here." She huffed, shoving into the fellow apprentice and shooting her a venomous look. The sweet and innocent cat from only a few heartbeats ago was now a bitter and confrontational enemy, just waiting for the apprentice to shove back so that she could have an excuse to push her further.
( @Flameleaf )

Tundra September 17th, 2017 06:13 PM

Goldenpaw perked her ears at the mew. "Oh! I-I'm Goldenpaw ah!" The apprentice stumbled and fell on her side. "W-What was that for?" She mewed, looking up at the older apprentice with wide, scared eyes. "You asked for my name... And I was about to tell you..."
@Spikes

Spikes September 17th, 2017 06:41 PM

Currantpaw huffed, rolling her eyes at the apprentice. "You know I don't care, mousebrain." She held Goldenpaw down under her paw, a triumphant smile on her face. "I don't care about your name... I care about you being here. You're not welcome," she spat, tail beginning to lash as she stared at the apprentice who still refused to move. What a coward. The clan could do without cats like her. Currantpaw would be surprised if she even became a warrior. The she-cat couldn't even bring herself to get back up when confronted.
"Look at the little kit... What, you gonna cry?" she meowed melodramatically, pressing her paw in further to the apprentice's hide. "SkyClan could do much better than you... You'll never be a warrior like this!" Currantpaw chuckled to herself, lifting her paw off of the fallen apprentice and waiting for her to get back up.
"I bet your parents are real proud of you." Her tone was sarcastic and scathing, as if she were attempting to leave wounds with her words alone. "Goldenpaw... Never growing up." She circled the apprentice as she taunted her, the onslaught of insults flowing freely from her mouth, almost naturally.
( @Flameleaf )

Tundra September 17th, 2017 06:57 PM

Goldenpaw's eyes began to water. "N-No!" She mewed as she placed herself into a sitting position. "I... I..." She wiped her eyes with a paw. "I'll be a Warrior! You... You'll see!" The she-cat got to her paws and puffed out her chest, making an attempt to look brave.
"I-I-I bet I c-could beat you with-without trying!" Goldenpaw then fluffed her fur up. "I-I-I'll be the b-bravest Warrior ever! So leave me alone!" But inside Goldenpaw felt like a coward. She felt as if she would never make it to a Warrior like Currantpaw said. Maybe she's right... Maybe I am a coward after all...
@Spikes

Spikes September 17th, 2017 09:16 PM

Currantpaw watched the apprentice with an amused look, watching her struggle to get to her paws was entertaining, and it just helped establish the pecking order further. Although she herself was physically rather small and meek in appearance, she was still able to knock over another apprentice of her age. Watching this unfold made her beam with pride at her own strength, despite it being a dirty trick on the other cat. "A warrior... More like a kittypet, eating mush! You should go cry to your twolegs..." She pretended to sob, covering her face with a paw and letting out soft warbling cries in an attempt to mock the weaker cat. "Face it. You could never beat me in a fight. You can't even stand properly!" The apprentice laughed, knocking into Goldenpaw's side again, though much lighter this time around. She was trying to aggravate her, not send her falling down again. She'd save that for later.
"A mouse could win in a fight with you. I want to fight someone who's more of a challenge." She turned her nose up in apparent disgust at the apprentice, turning tail and padding back over to her resting spot. She didn't hesitate to make a few faces at the apprentice on the way, either.
( @Flameleaf )

Tundra September 17th, 2017 09:36 PM

Goldenpaw stumbled as Currantpaw gave her another shove.
"Im... Im not a Kittypet!"
She mewed quietly with her eyes watering again. "Im a Clan born apprentice!" Hurt by these words, Goldenpaw began backing toward the entrance with her ears flattened and her tail down. "I... I could easily beat a mouse in a fight..." She objected.
"Im... Im... Im very st-strong!"
The she-cat felt tears running down her face. She immediately looked down, attempting to hide her face from her bully. "N-Now leave me alone! Or I'll... I'll... I'll beat you up myself!" She meekly threatened, making another attempt to look tough.

@Spikes

Thistledawn December 2nd, 2017 04:26 PM

Cherrypaw was lazily splayed across her nest in the apprentice's den. She was bored and left without anything to do. Actually, that wasn't quite correct. There were plenty of things for Cherrypaw to do, but she didn't feel like doing any of them. It was a strange mood for the white she-cat to be in. Her Clanmates often scolded her for bouncing off the walls. She'd be unable to count the amount of times that another cat had placed their tail over her mouth so that she'd finally just shut up. When she wasn't being annoying, she was working hard. Training, hunting, border patrols. But now, alone in the apprentice's den, Cherrypaw struggled to find the motivation to get on her paws and do something productive. Productivity aside, she couldn't find it in her to do much of anything at the moment.

Groaning, Cherrypaw flopped to the right so that she was laying on her flank. Her long whiskers brushed the floor, making her wrinkle her nose for a moment before readjusting. She blinked her blue eyes, absentmindedly gazing into the opening of the den. She tried to focus on the mews of her Clanmates, but couldn't even do that for more than a heartbeat. The apprentice was even finding it hard to focus on simple noises. She tugged on part of her nest with her claw and ripped it away, frustration getting the best of her.

What an awful feeling this is, Cherrypaw thought to herself.

@Lonestar23

lone December 2nd, 2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thistledawn (Post 431854)
Cherrypaw was lazily splayed across her nest in the apprentice's den. She was bored and left without anything to do. Actually, that wasn't quite correct. There were plenty of things for Cherrypaw to do, but she didn't feel like doing any of them. It was a strange mood for the white she-cat to be in. Her Clanmates often scolded her for bouncing off the walls. She'd be unable to count the amount of times that another cat had placed their tail over her mouth so that she'd finally just shut up. When she wasn't being annoying, she was working hard. Training, hunting, border patrols. But now, alone in the apprentice's den, Cherrypaw struggled to find the motivation to get on her paws and do something productive. Productivity aside, she couldn't find it in her to do much of anything at the moment.

Groaning, Cherrypaw flopped to the right so that she was laying on her flank. Her long whiskers brushed the floor, making her wrinkle her nose for a moment before readjusting. She blinked her blue eyes, absentmindedly gazing into the opening of the den. She tried to focus on the mews of her Clanmates, but couldn't even do that for more than a heartbeat. The apprentice was even finding it hard to focus on simple noises. She tugged on part of her nest with her claw and ripped it away, frustration getting the best of her.

What an awful feeling this is, Cherrypaw thought to herself.

@Lonestar23

A ginger tom entered the apprentice's den, his fur groomed neatly, and his eyes sparkling with mischief. Foxpaw was often found here in the middle of the day - the mornings and early evenings were when he worked the hardest, and his mentor wasn't too dedicated to giving him a schedule, so he ended up seeking her out and reminding her about training or just training by himself, or forgetting it altogether. Anyways, Foxpaw was in here for one reason or another, and he settled into a nearby nest, making himself comfortable. The scent of the apprentice who had been here before was one of infection, fear, and discomfort. Those things overpowered the natural SkyClan scent and their own unique scent, which he could just faintly identify as something berryish. Foxpaw was uncomfortable in this nest, but it was giving him the perfect view and conversational spot for the only other cat in the den... a cat he recognized as Cherrypaw. He remembered her becoming an apprentice, and remembered thinking she was quite pretty - he'd been about nine moons old at the time. Eight or nine, it was hard for him to remember. "If it isn't our local princess. How are you, beautiful?" The tom mewed. His flirting skills could still use some work, and his voice still hadn't quite matured into a lower one (unlike his brother's, whose more masculine voice and dark, moody personality seemed to attract more she cats then repulse them) but Foxpaw was a fairly handsome cat. He was confident he could woo whoever he wanted to - though breaking someone's heart was not in the cards for Foxpaw. He had never thought he would do that. He'd never planned on getting that far before. And he was terrified that someday he would end up breaking someone's heart.

Thistledawn December 2nd, 2017 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 431864)
A ginger tom entered the apprentice's den, his fur groomed neatly, and his eyes sparkling with mischief. Foxpaw was often found here in the middle of the day - the mornings and early evenings were when he worked the hardest, and his mentor wasn't too dedicated to giving him a schedule, so he ended up seeking her out and reminding her about training or just training by himself, or forgetting it altogether. Anyways, Foxpaw was in here for one reason or another, and he settled into a nearby nest, making himself comfortable. The scent of the apprentice who had been here before was one of infection, fear, and discomfort. Those things overpowered the natural SkyClan scent and their own unique scent, which he could just faintly identify as something berryish. Foxpaw was uncomfortable in this nest, but it was giving him the perfect view and conversational spot for the only other cat in the den... a cat he recognized as Cherrypaw. He remembered her becoming an apprentice, and remembered thinking she was quite pretty - he'd been about nine moons old at the time. Eight or nine, it was hard for him to remember. "If it isn't our local princess. How are you, beautiful?" The tom mewed. His flirting skills could still use some work, and his voice still hadn't quite matured into a lower one (unlike his brother's, whose more masculine voice and dark, moody personality seemed to attract more she cats then repulse them) but Foxpaw was a fairly handsome cat. He was confident he could woo whoever he wanted to - though breaking someone's heart was not in the cards for Foxpaw. He had never thought he would do that. He'd never planned on getting that far before. And he was terrified that someday he would end up breaking someone's heart.

The white she-cat looked away when she noticed Foxpaw enter the den. The apprentice tried to turn away even more when he settled into his own nest. She tried to bury her face in between her paws. She had nothing against the ginger tom, not anything that she could remember. Cherrypaw just wasn't in the mood to do anything, and she felt especially not in the mood to talk. Even so, her white ears perked up when he began to talk. She raised her head to face the tom and felt her blue eyes widen.

"Do I look like the daughter of any important cat around here?" She mewed with as much sass as she could manage. Her bad mood was definitely having a negative impact on her. Cherrypaw muttered, "I'm not a princess." Normally she'd be delighted with the word. It made her feel important and special and graceful. Right now, she wasn't feeling any of those things. "And do you always go around calling cats that you hardly know beautiful?" She tried to spit her words, but she couldn't deny that the word coming from the mouth of a handsome cat made her feel hot under her fur. She swiped a white paw over her ear to hide her face, which may have betrayed the fact that she hadn't hated what Foxpaw called her.

Cherrypaw sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. She was being ridiculous. It was unfortunate that Foxpaw had walked in on her sour mood. She was treating the tom poorly when he hadn't actually done anything wrong. She opened her eyes and blinked at the tom. "I'm sorry. I'm just in a bad mood." The she-cat dipped her head as she apologized. Her tone turned sweeter as she tried to carry on the conversation. "I mean- I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you, Foxpaw?" Cherrypaw shifted in her nest so that she could better see the tom.

lone December 2nd, 2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thistledawn (Post 431924)
The white she-cat looked away when she noticed Foxpaw enter the den. The apprentice tried to turn away even more when he settled into his own nest. She tried to bury her face in between her paws. She had nothing against the ginger tom, not anything that she could remember. Cherrypaw just wasn't in the mood to do anything, and she felt especially not in the mood to talk. Even so, her white ears perked up when he began to talk. She raised her head to face the tom and felt her blue eyes widen.

"Do I look like the daughter of any important cat around here?" She mewed with as much sass as she could manage. Her bad mood was definitely having a negative impact on her. Cherrypaw muttered, "I'm not a princess." Normally she'd be delighted with the word. It made her feel important and special and graceful. Right now, she wasn't feeling any of those things. "And do you always go around calling cats that you hardly know beautiful?" She tried to spit her words, but she couldn't deny that the word coming from the mouth of a handsome cat made her feel hot under her fur. She swiped a white paw over her ear to hide her face, which may have betrayed the fact that she hadn't hated what Foxpaw called her.

Cherrypaw sighed and closed her eyes for a moment. She was being ridiculous. It was unfortunate that Foxpaw had walked in on her sour mood. She was treating the tom poorly when he hadn't actually done anything wrong. She opened her eyes and blinked at the tom. "I'm sorry. I'm just in a bad mood." The she-cat dipped her head as she apologized. Her tone turned sweeter as she tried to carry on the conversation. "I mean- I'm fine, thanks for asking. How are you, Foxpaw?" Cherrypaw shifted in her nest so that she could better see the tom.

The ginger tom laughed - not even just a chuckle, but laughed at her hostile words. He had heard it all over the moons. He'd been called a 'creep,' 'stalker,' 'mouse-brain...' any rude name you could think of, he had been called that. But this was a new one. His actual flirting being challenged, and not him? Redpaw and Silverpaw had done that, but it'd been more of a 'that's a horrible line' type thing and not a 'do you always say this' type thing. "Nobody said you had to be the daughter of someone important to be a princess." Foxpaw was practically crooning the words in as silk-smooth of a tone as he could muster. It was at a medium pitch, the lowest he could go, but at least he had lost his kit fluff. All that fluff had clung onto his pelt for too long, it was about time that he grew up. And grown up he had. He was a lot more muscular now, different from the original squeaky-voiced flirty tom who ran around the clearing throwing out compliments to everyone. He now chose targets, fairly speaking.

If he liked the look of a she cat - he'd test the waters, throw out a flirty comment or two. If she rejected him, then he would flirt harder. The angrier she got, the more persistent he got. "You just have to be beautiful... smart... and important yourself. And to answer your other question, no - not everyone. Just the cats who really deserve it." By now Foxpaw had risen halfway out of the nest and was looking very much like he was about to saunter over to Cherrypaw and give her a lesson in royalty. But instead he stayed where he was, a smirk halfway on his maw in a lopsided, charming rogue kind of way. He was attempting to charm her. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't - generally it was a "hit or miss" thing that Foxpaw did his best to win at every time. As her words got sweeter, the tom purred low in his throat, trying to keep the volume of his purr down. He didn't want her accusing him of leading her on, after all.

Because that wasn't what Foxpaw was doing. If he thought Cherrypaw was pretty, he at least had some interest in her - and that interest could grow. Thinking someone was attractive was generally an opening stage to a future relationship, now wasn't it? "No need to apologize. You're quite pretty when you're angry, you know." The tom winked before she spoke again, and settled back down in his nest in a careless, leisurely fashion. "Oh, I'm doing alright. A lot better now that I have some company, though." A purr rumbled in his throat again as he once more half-rose from his nest.

Thistledawn December 3rd, 2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 432058)
The ginger tom laughed - not even just a chuckle, but laughed at her hostile words. He had heard it all over the moons. He'd been called a 'creep,' 'stalker,' 'mouse-brain...' any rude name you could think of, he had been called that. But this was a new one. His actual flirting being challenged, and not him? Redpaw and Silverpaw had done that, but it'd been more of a 'that's a horrible line' type thing and not a 'do you always say this' type thing. "Nobody said you had to be the daughter of someone important to be a princess." Foxpaw was practically crooning the words in as silk-smooth of a tone as he could muster. It was at a medium pitch, the lowest he could go, but at least he had lost his kit fluff. All that fluff had clung onto his pelt for too long, it was about time that he grew up. And grown up he had. He was a lot more muscular now, different from the original squeaky-voiced flirty tom who ran around the clearing throwing out compliments to everyone. He now chose targets, fairly speaking.

If he liked the look of a she cat - he'd test the waters, throw out a flirty comment or two. If she rejected him, then he would flirt harder. The angrier she got, the more persistent he got. "You just have to be beautiful... smart... and important yourself. And to answer your other question, no - not everyone. Just the cats who really deserve it." By now Foxpaw had risen halfway out of the nest and was looking very much like he was about to saunter over to Cherrypaw and give her a lesson in royalty. But instead he stayed where he was, a smirk halfway on his maw in a lopsided, charming rogue kind of way. He was attempting to charm her. Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't - generally it was a "hit or miss" thing that Foxpaw did his best to win at every time. As her words got sweeter, the tom purred low in his throat, trying to keep the volume of his purr down. He didn't want her accusing him of leading her on, after all.

Because that wasn't what Foxpaw was doing. If he thought Cherrypaw was pretty, he at least had some interest in her - and that interest could grow. Thinking someone was attractive was generally an opening stage to a future relationship, now wasn't it? "No need to apologize. You're quite pretty when you're angry, you know." The tom winked before she spoke again, and settled back down in his nest in a careless, leisurely fashion. "Oh, I'm doing alright. A lot better now that I have some company, though." A purr rumbled in his throat again as he once more half-rose from his nest.

The younger cat scoffed. "Just those three things makes princess? Perhaps every SkyClan she-cat is a princess then. Anyways, I'm just an apprentice. I hardly mean or deserve anything." It was true. It was true to an extent at least. Apprentices, especially apprentices as young as Cherrypaw, weren't trusted to do anything. They always needed a warrior to leave camp with them and they were always being bossed around. Everyone treated Cherrypaw like she had bees in her brain. All she wanted to do was prover herself and her worth to her Clan, but it was hard to do that when she was never offered the oppurtunity. She shook those thoughts away with a shake of her head. "And how many cats do you think deserve your compliments?" Cherrypaw challenged.

She squinted her blue eyes at the ginger tom. Behavior like his was something she hadn't encountered before. Was he flirting with her? She couldn't understand why. The two apprentices had hardly talked before. The she-cat considered herself pretty. She definitely wasn't the worst looking cat around and her white fur and blue eyes made her stand out. Cherrypaw couldn't think of anything she had done that would have inspired Foxpaw's flirting. The entire conversation between the two just felt strange to Cherrypaw. Maybe he's making fun of me, she thought. Suddenly Foxpaw's compliments didn't mean as much to her.

Cherrypaw was skeptical. She rose in her own nest, trying to meet the tom's height. "I can't tell if you're trying to be a goofy furball or not. Cats aren't pretty when they're angry. Unless you think raging badger is cute." She tilted her head to the side and watched Foxpaw closely. Perhaps something he'd do would give something away. The rising from the nest, the winks, the laughing, and the purrs confused her. "I'll try to be company if that's what you want, but I don't appreciate it if you're just playing games with me." Cherrypaw felt defensive. She really did feel like a princess now. She felt like she was demanding respect from the ginger tom. Oh, StarClan, she'd lost all control her her mood today. Too many contradicting emotions swarmed throughout her head.

lone December 6th, 2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thistledawn (Post 432393)
The younger cat scoffed. "Just those three things makes princess? Perhaps every SkyClan she-cat is a princess then. Anyways, I'm just an apprentice. I hardly mean or deserve anything." It was true. It was true to an extent at least. Apprentices, especially apprentices as young as Cherrypaw, weren't trusted to do anything. They always needed a warrior to leave camp with them and they were always being bossed around. Everyone treated Cherrypaw like she had bees in her brain. All she wanted to do was prover herself and her worth to her Clan, but it was hard to do that when she was never offered the oppurtunity. She shook those thoughts away with a shake of her head. "And how many cats do you think deserve your compliments?" Cherrypaw challenged.

She squinted her blue eyes at the ginger tom. Behavior like his was something she hadn't encountered before. Was he flirting with her? She couldn't understand why. The two apprentices had hardly talked before. The she-cat considered herself pretty. She definitely wasn't the worst looking cat around and her white fur and blue eyes made her stand out. Cherrypaw couldn't think of anything she had done that would have inspired Foxpaw's flirting. The entire conversation between the two just felt strange to Cherrypaw. Maybe he's making fun of me, she thought. Suddenly Foxpaw's compliments didn't mean as much to her.

Cherrypaw was skeptical. She rose in her own nest, trying to meet the tom's height. "I can't tell if you're trying to be a goofy furball or not. Cats aren't pretty when they're angry. Unless you think raging badger is cute." She tilted her head to the side and watched Foxpaw closely. Perhaps something he'd do would give something away. The rising from the nest, the winks, the laughing, and the purrs confused her. "I'll try to be company if that's what you want, but I don't appreciate it if you're just playing games with me." Cherrypaw felt defensive. She really did feel like a princess now. She felt like she was demanding respect from the ginger tom. Oh, StarClan, she'd lost all control her her mood today. Too many contradicting emotions swarmed throughout her head.

Cherrypaw's question made the ginger tom want to laugh again, but he managed to restrain himself - barely. After all, he wouldn't want her getting angrier then she already seemed to be - that wouldn't do at all. "Love, do they really matter right now? You have my full attention." This time he didn't purr, trying to keep his expression serious. He did want to give Cherrypaw his full attention, but to him, that was hard to do. His attention span wasn't very long, and he was lucky there was no one else currently in the den - otherwise his eyes would have, no doubt, been flickering over to them every minute or so. And if they were a she cat? Well, that was game over, no questions asked. She would be angry, especially if she had thought she had his attention.

This game was more fun when he wasn't being challenged as much - Foxpaw had to admit, Cherrypaw was already proving herself to be skeptical in these first stages of his flirty games. A skeptical cat was twice as hard to convince as anyone else, because they questioned everything.Literally everything that he'd said so far, he'd gotten a blocking comment back for. Not quite the 'swooning princess' reaction he had been hoping for. Oh well; it was still early in the day, and from the looks of things, Foxpaw had nowhere to go. "No, no... you're absolutely right. Most cats aren't pretty, but I have to say, I think you classify under the category of being attractive while angry." His eyes sparkled with victory as he practically danced in his nest. He remained sitting down, of course; it wouldn't do for Cherrypaw to see him acting too strangely. She would, most likely, think of him as creepy after that.

If she didn't already. "Goofy furball" was something else that didn't exactly fit in the category of a compliment, and he was running out of ideas. The defensive comment that came next caught him a little off guard. Sure, he knew she had a right to ask questions, but this? This was the most of a challenge he'd had in a long time. Most she cats let him have his fun. They let him do as he wished, without a bunch of questions being asked. Except for her. Foxpaw already knew this was going to be a fun journey, trying to get her to fall for him, dodging her questions - oh, he was excited now! "Company sounds just wonderful." He mewed sincerely, trying to keep the laughter from entering his voice.

It cracked a little from the strain, but he recovered quickly and even managed an expression of embarrassment. Not like it was some great feat, he was fairly embarrassed of doing so in front of the pretty cat he was trying to woo. Cherrypaw. He'd have to keep her name in mind.

oats December 6th, 2017 01:35 PM

@kale chip<3

So, Ploverpaw had got a lot done, and when he said a lot, he’d meant a lot.

Dissappearing into nowhere? Check. Returning without a word? Double check. When he’d said he needed space (which he had said, to himself and nobody else, not even Arrowpaw,) he meant it. And it’d actually been pretty good! For about, like, a day. And then the cold set in, and he’d been shivering for Starclan knows how long, and he thought to himself, Woah, this really isn’t a joke. Being cold and hungry for a couple of moons was perfectly healthy-- Skyclan could have very well ran into a famine while he was gone, too, and nothing would have been different.

When he’d padded into camp, no-one looked very hungry. Quite the opposite, actually. And like other fourteen-moon old, he’d sulked at this fact. How could he have been so stupid? he’d asked himself. He had no mentor, and for all he knew, Arrowpaw could’ve, what. Forgotten him, asserted his sudden heterosexuality and been all over and good with the whole ‘I have anxiety and I have this special cat who I love very much because he helped me when we were little and now we’re best friends forever’ thing. Was he being overdramatic? Pshaw, of course not. These things happened, after all.

Curling tighter into himself, he feigned sleep in a particularly empty corner of the apprentices’ den. He could’ve just died here and now.

Thistledawn December 9th, 2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 434354)
Cherrypaw's question made the ginger tom want to laugh again, but he managed to restrain himself - barely. After all, he wouldn't want her getting angrier then she already seemed to be - that wouldn't do at all. "Love, do they really matter right now? You have my full attention." This time he didn't purr, trying to keep his expression serious. He did want to give Cherrypaw his full attention, but to him, that was hard to do. His attention span wasn't very long, and he was lucky there was no one else currently in the den - otherwise his eyes would have, no doubt, been flickering over to them every minute or so. And if they were a she cat? Well, that was game over, no questions asked. She would be angry, especially if she had thought she had his attention.

This game was more fun when he wasn't being challenged as much - Foxpaw had to admit, Cherrypaw was already proving herself to be skeptical in these first stages of his flirty games. A skeptical cat was twice as hard to convince as anyone else, because they questioned everything.Literally everything that he'd said so far, he'd gotten a blocking comment back for. Not quite the 'swooning princess' reaction he had been hoping for. Oh well; it was still early in the day, and from the looks of things, Foxpaw had nowhere to go. "No, no... you're absolutely right. Most cats aren't pretty, but I have to say, I think you classify under the category of being attractive while angry." His eyes sparkled with victory as he practically danced in his nest. He remained sitting down, of course; it wouldn't do for Cherrypaw to see him acting too strangely. She would, most likely, think of him as creepy after that.

If she didn't already. "Goofy furball" was something else that didn't exactly fit in the category of a compliment, and he was running out of ideas. The defensive comment that came next caught him a little off guard. Sure, he knew she had a right to ask questions, but this? This was the most of a challenge he'd had in a long time. Most she cats let him have his fun. They let him do as he wished, without a bunch of questions being asked. Except for her. Foxpaw already knew this was going to be a fun journey, trying to get her to fall for him, dodging her questions - oh, he was excited now! "Company sounds just wonderful." He mewed sincerely, trying to keep the laughter from entering his voice.

It cracked a little from the strain, but he recovered quickly and even managed an expression of embarrassment. Not like it was some great feat, he was fairly embarrassed of doing so in front of the pretty cat he was trying to woo. Cherrypaw. He'd have to keep her name in mind.

The white furred apprentice bit back yet another sarcastic response. She hadn't asked for Foxpaw's attention. He'd willingly offered it to her. Cherrypaw didn't like how he'd acted like she'd been desperate for attention. That wasn't true. Not this time, at least. She wondered if the ginger tom may have thought that she was actually jealous. She'd just been trying to prove a point, not stir up anything. Anyways, if she actually were jealous, Foxpaw would be sure of it. Cherrypaw wasn't a cat that sit back and watch something she didn't like happen. The she-cat flexed her claws under the cover of her nest, making sure Foxpaw wouldn't see how much he was frustrating her. Her tail, however, whisked rapidly behind her.

"For your sake, I'll take that as a compliment." The blue-eyed cat mewed. She wasn't quite sure pretty was the look she wanted to go for when she was angry. Cats hardly ever took her seriously to begin with. If not even anger got other cats to understand her, then she'd never get anywhere. But at the end of the day, pretty was a compliment. Cherrypaw always believed a cat was to take a compliment no matter where they came from.

"Okay then. Company it is." She said with a firm tone. It was important that she got across that she wasn't playing games. But Foxpaw's look of embarrassment made her crack. She wasn't too good at being too serious for too long anyways. A moody cat was what she'd always been. Cherrypaw struggled to maintain one emotion for the duration of a day. She partially blamed it on other cats. If they stopped doing things to frustrate or annoy her, she'd stop getting angry and unbearable. "Anyways, you avoided my question." She teased as she tilted her head to the side. "I guess you do think badgers are cute. What would your mother think of that?" Cherrypaw meowed, faking a dramatic gasp. Her brilliant blue eyes widened and her jaws parted. She was quite the actress.

lone December 10th, 2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thistledawn (Post 436477)
The white furred apprentice bit back yet another sarcastic response. She hadn't asked for Foxpaw's attention. He'd willingly offered it to her. Cherrypaw didn't like how he'd acted like she'd been desperate for attention. That wasn't true. Not this time, at least. She wondered if the ginger tom may have thought that she was actually jealous. She'd just been trying to prove a point, not stir up anything. Anyways, if she actually were jealous, Foxpaw would be sure of it. Cherrypaw wasn't a cat that sit back and watch something she didn't like happen. The she-cat flexed her claws under the cover of her nest, making sure Foxpaw wouldn't see how much he was frustrating her. Her tail, however, whisked rapidly behind her.

"For your sake, I'll take that as a compliment." The blue-eyed cat mewed. She wasn't quite sure pretty was the look she wanted to go for when she was angry. Cats hardly ever took her seriously to begin with. If not even anger got other cats to understand her, then she'd never get anywhere. But at the end of the day, pretty was a compliment. Cherrypaw always believed a cat was to take a compliment no matter where they came from.

"Okay then. Company it is." She said with a firm tone. It was important that she got across that she wasn't playing games. But Foxpaw's look of embarrassment made her crack. She wasn't too good at being too serious for too long anyways. A moody cat was what she'd always been. Cherrypaw struggled to maintain one emotion for the duration of a day. She partially blamed it on other cats. If they stopped doing things to frustrate or annoy her, she'd stop getting angry and unbearable. "Anyways, you avoided my question." She teased as she tilted her head to the side. "I guess you do think badgers are cute. What would your mother think of that?" Cherrypaw meowed, faking a dramatic gasp. Her brilliant blue eyes widened and her jaws parted. She was quite the actress.

"Well I meant it as a compliment, so you're welcome." Foxpaw mewed back, smirking at her just the slightest bit. He knew that she was probably frustrated with him. She cats got upset with him all the time, and he always took their angry comments in stride. Whether or not he was truly able to handle the angry comments very well was questionable, but he tried his best. He kept on flirting with them, so he supposed he did a pretty good job of remaining calm. Her accusation made him open and close his mouth without saying anything, so that he looked like a fish out of water. Foxpaw had once seen a fish out of water, flopping around like it was trying to go somewhere but never getting anywhere very fast.

He had watched it, fascinated by it's movements. He had been impressed - that was a quick-moving fish. And when the fish had eventually stopped moving, Foxpaw had gotten bored and walked away. He'd tried to bring Nightpaw to see the fish, but it had been picked clean... all that was left was a skeleton. That was once incident that Foxpaw wished he could forget, but he remembered in detail. Eventually, his mouth stopped working and he closed it while he thought of something intelligent to say that would hopefully impress her. That was what Foxpaw really wanted, to impress the she cat. So far it seemed all he had managed to do was annoy and mildly amuse her.

"Well, if every badger looked like you, they would be cute." Was what the ginger tom managed to come up with, a smirk on his maw as he glanced over her. She certainly was cute. Cute, pretty, though not quite outright beautiful/gorgeous. Those adjectives were, in his mind, only for the most drop-dead lovely of she cats. Cherrypaw did, however, certainly have the ability to be beautiful. Perhaps sometime in her later moons. Foxpaw certainly did think she was pretty or else he wouldn't have flirted with her in the first place.

Thistledawn December 12th, 2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 436901)
"Well I meant it as a compliment, so you're welcome." Foxpaw mewed back, smirking at her just the slightest bit. He knew that she was probably frustrated with him. She cats got upset with him all the time, and he always took their angry comments in stride. Whether or not he was truly able to handle the angry comments very well was questionable, but he tried his best. He kept on flirting with them, so he supposed he did a pretty good job of remaining calm. Her accusation made him open and close his mouth without saying anything, so that he looked like a fish out of water. Foxpaw had once seen a fish out of water, flopping around like it was trying to go somewhere but never getting anywhere very fast.

He had watched it, fascinated by it's movements. He had been impressed - that was a quick-moving fish. And when the fish had eventually stopped moving, Foxpaw had gotten bored and walked away. He'd tried to bring Nightpaw to see the fish, but it had been picked clean... all that was left was a skeleton. That was once incident that Foxpaw wished he could forget, but he remembered in detail. Eventually, his mouth stopped working and he closed it while he thought of something intelligent to say that would hopefully impress her. That was what Foxpaw really wanted, to impress the she cat. So far it seemed all he had managed to do was annoy and mildly amuse her.

"Well, if every badger looked like you, they would be cute." Was what the ginger tom managed to come up with, a smirk on his maw as he glanced over her. She certainly was cute. Cute, pretty, though not quite outright beautiful/gorgeous. Those adjectives were, in his mind, only for the most drop-dead lovely of she cats. Cherrypaw did, however, certainly have the ability to be beautiful. Perhaps sometime in her later moons. Foxpaw certainly did think she was pretty or else he wouldn't have flirted with her in the first place.

The apprentice huffed, unable to find a reason to smirk back at Foxpaw. He certainly was clever and had a quick tongue. She'd let him have that, at least. It seemed that confidence radiated off of the ginger tom most of the time he spoke, something that seemed to spark Cherrypaw's interest. She had also managed to take some of that confidence from Foxpaw from the looks of it. She didn't believe he was the kind of cat to be easily embarrassed or thrown off. A small smile rose from her face. It'd felt oddly satisfying to her that she had that impact on the tom.

Cherrypaw rolled her eyes at her companion. A cute badger, she thought to herself. She thought that she should have been upset with Foxpaw. No cat, especially not Cherrypaw, wanted to be compared that big and lumbering creature. She'd never seen one herself, of course. However, she'd heard stories from queens and elders. They were big, ugly creatures that were too strong for just one cat to take on. The white apprentice imagined them with long and yellow fangs sticking out from their lips accompanied by equally long claws that could easily pierce the pelt of any cat. The she-cat heard many things about badgers, but cute was never one of those things. To her, it was ridiculous to imagine. She barely could imagine it! A small giggle escaped from the white cat. "That's mouse-brained." She mumbled with half a smile. "If badgers are cute like me, then does that mean foxes are like you, Foxpaw?" Cherrypaw tried to joke, her eyes shining with amusement.