Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Dark Forest (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dark Forest Territory (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67)

Moonwhisker December 11th, 2016 09:00 PM

Re: Dark Forest Territory

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74038)
(Does she already have a DF mentor or does she still need one?)
@EclipsemoonXD
Adder purred, "You are something special, it was told that two cats would be unstoppable if trained correctly. You will both be apprentices here and shall train as true warriors. But being unstoppable comes at a price."
Fleetclaw nodded, "To be unstoppable, you must train with unsheathed claws and grow immune to clan cat claws. But, you will be faster than any Windclan cat, quieter then any Shadowclan cat, stronger than any Thunderclan cat, and able to swim better than any Riverclan cat."

(She does not have one)
She looks at them with enthusiasm, "Awesome! I mean, I already got the Thunderclan strength, but still! Wait, you mean that I'm not a warrior here?!" Her jaw drops open in disbelief. "And wouldn't we kill a cat if we trained with unsheathed claws all the time?" She looks suspiciously at them again and wraps her tail around herself.

~Breadsticks~ December 11th, 2016 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74077)
(She does not have one)
She looks at them with enthusiasm, "Awesome! I mean, I already got the Thunderclan strength, but still! Wait, you mean that I'm not a warrior here?!" Her jaw drops open in disbelief. "And wouldn't we kill a cat if we trained with unsheathed claws all the time?" She looks suspiciously at them again and wraps her tail around herself.

(Adder can train her)
"You're only an apprentice without the proper training." Adder purred before giving her a shocked look, "Oh never, these cats are strong, and you can't kill them here, this is only your dreams dear."
Fleetclaw smiled, "Adder you've taken well to her, might you train her? I can finish up with Reedbriar and Ebonypaw and Burrpaw can watch them spar."

Moonwhisker December 11th, 2016 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74092)
(Adder can train her)
"You're only an apprentice without the proper training." Adder purred before giving her a shocked look, "Oh never, these cats are strong, and you can't kill them here, this is only your dreams dear."
Fleetclaw smiled, "Adder you've taken well to her, might you train her? I can finish up with Reedbriar and Ebonypaw and Burrpaw can watch them spar."

She lashes her tail annoyed at not being a warrior, but remembers that it's just extra training. "Well... ok! I guess I could do it!" She looks overjoyed and hops up. "Burrpaw aren't you excited?! This is going to be great! We are part of a prophecy!" She doesn't give him enough time to respond and she runs circles around Adder. "When can we start?! Can we start now?! That would be great!" She jumps around with new energy.:woot:

~Breadsticks~ December 11th, 2016 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74128)
She lashes her tail annoyed at not being a warrior, but remembers that it's just extra training. "Well... ok! I guess I could do it!" She looks overjoyed and hops up. "Burrpaw aren't you excited?! This is going to be great! We are part of a prophecy!" She doesn't give him enough time to respond and she runs circles around Adder. "When can we start?! Can we start now?! That would be great!" She jumps around with new energy.:woot:

Adder smiled, "After we watch them spar we can start." She flicked her tail and sat, motioning for Whiskerfur to do the same.
Fleetclaw turned to Burrpaw and spoke, "Reedbriar and Ebonypaw will spar to give you an idea of how a battle between warriors and apprentices of this place work." He padded over to the Shadowclan apprentice and sat down, watching the trees silently.
Reedbriar padded through the trees, "Sorry I'm late, Wolfbite needed help." She purred turning to Ebonypaw, "Ready?" When the tom nodded she unsheathed her claws, narrowing her eyes as he did the same. She lunged forward, twisting just before she crashed into him. The she-cat battered his head with rapid, vicious blows.
As blood welled up on his muzzle Ebonypaw hissed and kicked her away. The tom shook his head and shot forward, slamming into the Riverclan warrior's side. He raked his claws through her pelt, crying out as her back leg connected with his jaw. He threw himself forward again, pinning the larger cat to the cold earth, snarling and pressing his nose against her neck. As he was told to let her up he moved back, sitting down and began to clean the blood from his pelt.

Moonwhisker December 11th, 2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74190)
Adder smiled, "After we watch them spar we can start." She flicked her tail and sat, motioning for Whiskerfur to do the same.
Fleetclaw turned to Burrpaw and spoke, "Reedbriar and Ebonypaw will spar to give you an idea of how a battle between warriors and apprentices of this place work." He padded over to the Shadowclan apprentice and sat down, watching the trees silently.
Reedbriar padded through the trees, "Sorry I'm late, Wolfbite needed help." She purred turning to Ebonypaw, "Ready?" When the tom nodded she unsheathed her claws, narrowing her eyes as he did the same. She lunged forward, twisting just before she crashed into him. The she-cat battered his head with rapid, vicious blows.
As blood welled up on his muzzle Ebonypaw hissed and kicked her away. The tom shook his head and shot forward, slamming into the Riverclan warrior's side. He raked his claws through her pelt, crying out as her back leg connected with his jaw. He threw himself forward again, pinning the larger cat to the cold earth, snarling and pressing his nose against her neck. As he was told to let her up he moved back, sitting down and began to clean the blood from his pelt.

She stared at them wide-eyed at how vicious they fought just for training. But she shook her head and looked enthusiastic again. "That was awesome! What were those moves you used?! I've never seen them before!" She watched them with her eyes glowing with curiosity. :waaah:

~Breadsticks~ December 11th, 2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74217)
She stared at them wide-eyed at how vicious they fought just for training. But she shook her head and looked enthusiastic again. "That was awesome! What were those moves you used?! I've never seen them before!" She watched them with her eyes glowing with curiosity. :waaah:

Ebonypaw turned to the she-cat, his eyes lit with interest as he looked her over. He swiftly returned his gaze to her face and smirked, "They're simple moves really, you just have to be fast."
A large, broad-shouldered tom padded out of the trees. His dark pelt glowing in the dim light as he sneered, "Something you obviously aren't Ebonypaw. With Singenight as a mentor I thought you'd be faster."
Reedbriar sneered, "And here I thought you'd be smarter Wolfbite."
Adder chuckled, "Ignore Wolfbite, he thinks he's the best."
Fleetclaw whipped around and clouted Wolfbite over the ear, snarling, "Wolfbite. Be respectful, even though you might have a warrior name, Ebonypaw is above you in rank and he's proved it many times."

Moonwhisker December 11th, 2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74224)
Ebonypaw turned to the she-cat, his eyes lit with interest as he looked her over. He swiftly returned his gaze to her face and smirked, "They're simple moves really, you just have to be fast."
A large, broad-shouldered tom padded out of the trees. His dark pelt glowing in the dim light as he sneered, "Something you obviously aren't Ebonypaw. With Singenight as a mentor I thought you'd be faster."
Fleetclaw whipped around and clouted Wolfbite over the ear, snarling, "Wolfbite. Be respectful, even though you might have a warrior name, Ebonypaw is above you in rank and he's proved it many times."

She blushed at his looking her over and was glad that her pelt was black so he couldn't see it. She purrs in amusement at their quarreling. "So an apprentice is above a warrior? How interesting..." She purred as she met Ebonypaw's gaze.

~Breadsticks~ December 11th, 2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74230)
She blushed at his looking her over and was glad that her pelt was black so he couldn't see it. She purrs in amusement at their quarreling. "So an apprentice is above a warrior? How interesting..." She purred as she met Ebonypaw's gaze.

Ebonypaw smirked as she blushed but said, "I am above him, but it's because I beat him the first day I was here."
Adder flicked her tail in Wolfbite's direction, "Off you go, don't you have a pretty little she-cat to follow like a kit trailing his mother?"
Wolfbite's face turned bright red and he stuttered, "I do not.." The tom turned and scrambled away, vanishing into the bushes.
Reedbriar smiled, "Well, Ebonypaw, Whiskerfur, you two should meet at the border to train."
Fleetclaw nodded, "You can teach her some of the basic moves, but for now you must wake up, you'll be back tomorrow."

Moonwhisker December 11th, 2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74224)

She groomed her fur to make it sleek and gleaming. She lifts up her right paw and licks it a few times. She winks and flicks her tail at Ebonypaw as she passes by him to sit next to Burrpaw. :heartbounce:

~Breadsticks~ December 11th, 2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74259)
She groomed her fur to make it sleek and gleaming. She lifts up her right paw and licks it a few times. She winks and flicks her tail at Ebonypaw as she passes by him to sit next to Burrpaw. :heartbounce:

Ebonypaw gave a small smile before turning and padding away, ducking under a bush and curling up. The tom slowly faded from the forest.
Adder and Reedbriar vanished into the trees quickly after Ebonypaw had faded.
Fleetclaw nodded to the pair, "Lay down, you will wake up in your nest in your clan. Whiskerfur I expect you to meet Ebonypaw at the border."

Moonwhisker December 11th, 2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74255)
Ebonypaw smirked as she blushed but said, "I am above him, but it's because I beat him the first day I was here."
Adder flicked her tail in Wolfbite's direction, "Off you go, don't you have a pretty little she-cat to follow like a kit trailing his mother?"
Wolfbite's face turned bright red and he stuttered, "I do not.." The tom turned and scrambled away, vanishing into the bushes.
Reedbriar smiled, "Well, Ebonypaw, Whiskerfur, you two should meet at the border to train."
Fleetclaw nodded, "You can teach her some of the basic moves, but for now you must wake up, you'll be back tomorrow."

"Goodbye Burrpaw, Ebonypaw, and goodbye everyone!" She says as she drifts off to the living world. The next night she curled up in her nest and woke up in the dark forest.

~Breadsticks~ December 11th, 2016 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74264)
"Goodbye Burrpaw, Ebonypaw, and goodbye everyone!" She says as she drifts off to the living world. The next night she curled up in her nest and woke up in the dark forest.

(Check your visitor comments, before we post here again we need Whiskerfur and Ebonypaw to practice)

Casual Scribbles December 12th, 2016 05:18 AM

Burrpaw was shocked at all the revelations. How could this be StarClan? Hoe could he be special? Burrpaw was never anything but ordinary! The apprentice shook his thoughts out of his head and watched the others spar. He watched their small battle in awe, they didn’t even flinch! He was upset when he was told that he needed to leave, but at least he'd be back tomorrow. "Goodbye, Moonwhisker!" He watched her fall asleep. "Goodbye everyone!" But they were already gone. He was alone. The apprentice curled up where he was and fell back to sleep.

~Breadsticks~ December 12th, 2016 02:03 PM

@EclipsemoonXD @Moonwhisker )
Adder padded through the trees with Reedbriar at her side. The two she-cats sat at one side of the clearing.
Fleetclaw padded through the trees, trailed by Ebonypaw and Furzepaw. The warrior sat and flicked his tail at the two apprentices who both immediately sat.

goddess of ducks December 12th, 2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDerpyShoelace (Post 73547)
Tigerfrost tried to dodge out of the way, but it was too late. The she-cat got hit hard to the face. Feeling that searing pain, she tried her best not to wince. Wincing, she felt the blow to the leg, and fell over, really embrarrassed. She had never gotten hit like that. Now having a scar on her forehead, she got up, trying to endure the pain. Taking a deep breath in, the lithe she-cat leaped in the air, and aimed right for her mentor's back. @Nighty

He ducked quickly, but felt her rake across his hind quarters. He let out a low hiss and kicked out with his back legs, knowing she was behind him. He aimed carefully, but blindly. He kicked out swiftly hoping to connect with some part of her head, but seeing as how he didn't look, he had no idea what he would hit.

FlashFanatic December 12th, 2016 02:23 PM

Tigerfrost saw the blow coming from a mile away. Dodging away, she swiped in the air at her mentor's side. Feeling a bulging pain on her forehead, she stopped in her tracks. Normally, the she-cat was not one to call quits. She had learned a lot, and believed she didn't need to learn more.
I should stop. Waterstreak will be an easy kill. She thought, catching her breath.
But if you stop,you will be called a coward! The other side of her thought.
Listening to what she thought originally, Tigerfrost stood up, surrendering.

Moonwhisker December 12th, 2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74728)
@EclipsemoonXD @Moonwhisker )
Adder padded through the trees with Reedbriar at her side. The two she-cats sat at one side of the clearing.
Fleetclaw padded through the trees, trailed by Ebonypaw and Furzepaw. The warrior sat and flicked his tail at the two apprentices who both immediately sat.

Moonwhisker padded up to Adder and Reedbriar and nodded in greeting to them. She stood there waiting for a command at any time.

goddess of ducks December 12th, 2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TehDerpyShoelace (Post 74754)
Tigerfrost saw the blow coming from a mile away. Dodging away, she swiped in the air at her mentor's side. Feeling a bulging pain on her forehead, she stopped in her tracks. Normally, the she-cat was not one to call quits. She had learned a lot, and believed she didn't need to learn more.
I should stop. Waterstreak will be an easy kill. She thought, catching her breath.
But if you stop,you will be called a coward! The other side of her thought.
Listening to what she thought originally, Tigerfrost stood up, surrendering.

Acornpirck stopped, seeing the surrender. He looked on through narrowed eyes. "This" he said indicating her surrender. "Will not happen in the true fight." he said angrily. "Waterstreak will not be a easy target. As much as I loath him, he has strength to him. DO not doubt that." He said almost knowing the thoughts of his apprentice. "Well Tigerfrost, you have trained hard. Gather your companion and complete your training. I will be watching, but cannot intervene. You're dismissed." He said as he turned and padded away into the mist.

~Breadsticks~ December 12th, 2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74768)
Moonwhisker padded up to Adder and Reedbriar and nodded in greeting to them. She stood there waiting for a command at any time.

Adder smiled, "Moonwhisker, tonight we'll see what you can do. You'll be sparing with Furzepaw, he's from Shadowclan."
The young tom padded over and gave her a nod, sitting beside her. Furzepaw wrapped his tail around his paws.
Ebonypaw gave Moonwhisker a small smile but swiftly replaced it with a frown as he turned his gaze to the trees. The tom opened his mouth to taste the air and froze, fixing his gaze on his paws as his ears went flat against his head.
Fleetclaw stood up, staring into the trees that Ebonypaw had turned away from a few moments ago. He sat back down and flattened his fur.
A short, muscular, dappled she-cat padded through the trees, her eyes blank of any emotion, "I'll spar with Ebonypaw." She growled, padding over to the young tom and sitting down on one side.
Reedbriar looked up at the she-cat and growled, "Sparrowwing you'd better watch yourself." Her ears were flat against her head and her unsheathed claws dug into the cold earth.

Moonwhisker December 12th, 2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74776)
Adder smiled, "Moonwhisker, tonight we'll see what you can do. You'll be sparing with Furzepaw, he's from Shadowclan."
The young tom padded over and gave her a nod, sitting beside her. Furzepaw wrapped his tail around his paws.
Ebonypaw gave Moonwhisker a small smile but swiftly replaced it with a frown as he turned his gaze to the trees. The tom opened his mouth to taste the air and froze, fixing his gaze on his paws as his ears went flat against his head.
Fleetclaw stood up, staring into the trees that Ebonypaw had turned away from a few moments ago. He sat back down and flattened his fur.
A short, muscular, dappled she-cat padded through the trees, her eyes blank of any emotion, "I'll spar with Ebonypaw." She growled, padding over to the young tom and sitting down on one side.
Reedbriar looked up at the she-cat and growled, "Sparrowwing you'd better watch yourself." Her ears were flat against her head and her unsheathed claws dug into the cold earth.

She looked from Ebonypaw to Sparrowwing and back, confused at what was happening. She saw Ebonypaw's resentment and growled at the she-cat that was making him upset.

~Breadsticks~ December 12th, 2016 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74802)
She looked from Ebonypaw to Sparrowwing and back, confused at what was happening. She saw Ebonypaw's resentment and growled at the she-cat that was making him upset.

Sparowwing whipped around to faced Moonwhisker and snarled, "Do you have a problem?" She stalked forward and bared her teeth at the she-cat, crouching down, "I could beat you with my eyes closed." The warrior gave a surprised yell as she was thrown to the ground.
Ebonypaw pinned Sparrowwing to the cold earth, his eyes narrowed. "Lay one claw on her and I'll kill you." He whispered to her, fury lighting his amber gaze. The tom was kicked off but he lunged forward as soon as he got to his paws, slamming into the small she-cat.

Moonwhisker December 12th, 2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74820)
Sparowwing whipped around to faced Moonwhisker and snarled, "Do you have a problem?" She stalked forward and bared her teeth at the she-cat, crouching down, "I could beat you with my eyes closed." The warrior gave a surprised yell as she was thrown to the ground.
Ebonypaw pinned Sparrowwing to the cold earth, his eyes narrowed. "Lay one claw on her and I'll kill you." He whispered to her, fury lighting his amber gaze. The tom was kicked off but he lunged forward as soon as he got to his paws, slamming into the small she-cat.

She looks in surprise at the two cats tussling. She's silent in awe at the sudden attack.

~Breadsticks~ December 12th, 2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74832)
She looks in surprise at the two cats tussling. She's silent in awe at the sudden attack.

Sparrowwing whipped around and kicked, her back paw connecting with his jaw. She ignored his cry of pain and tackled him, forcing him to the ground. She waited for a few moments and backed away, "If that were a real battle you'd be dead." She told him bluntly, turning and stalking away.
Ebonypaw got up, giving a slight hiss as he turned and sat back beside Fleetclaw.

Moonwhisker December 12th, 2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74838)
Sparrowwing whipped around and kicked, her back paw connecting with his jaw. She ignored his cry of pain and tackled him, forcing him to the ground. She waited for a few moments and backed away, "If that were a real battle you'd be dead." She told him bluntly, turning and stalking away.
Ebonypaw got up, giving a slight hiss as he turned and sat back beside Fleetclaw.

She just looked away in complete awe, she turned back around, her face revealing nothing, and she frowned at a scratch on Ebonpaw's pelt. She mouthed, Meet you at the border tomorrow! We need to talk!

~Breadsticks~ December 12th, 2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74847)
She just looked away in complete awe, she turned back around, her face revealing nothing, and she frowned at a scratch on Ebonpaw's pelt. She mouthed, Meet you at the border tomorrow! We need to talk!

Ebonypaw nodded, turning to Fleetclaw, "Can I leave early? Singenight wanted to train earlier than normal." He came up with the lie quickly, giving Fleetclaw a smirk. When he was excused he gave Moonwhisker a soft smile then turned and left.

Moonwhisker December 12th, 2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74871)
Ebonypaw nodded, turning to Fleetclaw, "Can I leave early? Singenight wanted to train earlier than normal." He came up with the lie quickly, giving Fleetclaw a smirk. When he was excused he gave Moonwhisker a soft smile then turned and left.

She watched him leave with concern and she looked down at her paws, her paws feeling like heavy stones, weighing her down. Her ears go back and flatten, she knew that it was her fault that Ebonypaw got hurt. She messed things up once again!

~Breadsticks~ December 12th, 2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonwhisker (Post 74892)
She watched him leave with concern and she looked down at her paws, her paws feeling like heavy stones, weighing her down. Her ears go back and flatten, she knew that it was her fault that Ebonypaw got hurt. She messed things up once again!

Reedbriar turned to Moonwhisker and purred, "You can leave Moonwhisker, same with you Furzepaw." She said, turning and leading Furzepaw away.

Moonwhisker December 12th, 2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBread (Post 74929)
Reedbriar turned to Moonwhisker and purred, "You can leave Moonwhisker, same with you Furzepaw." She said, turning and leading Furzepaw away.

"Thank you Reedbriar." She dips her head to Reedbriar for she was very thankful of her kindness. She woke up in her nest in the Thunderclan camp.

Ever December 16th, 2016 03:17 AM

Ash stood in the Darkforest with her eyes closed. She knew where she was by the sounds, it was deathly silent and there was no breeze to be found. Then there was the fact that she felt light as a father, physical pain no longer tearing through her limbs as she tried to cling to life. It was over. It was finally over. She was reluctant to open her eyes. She wanted to stay still with them closed, pretend this wasn't happening for a little longer. But it was no use. She could feel the hot tears already spilling down her face. She wiped at the furiously and opened her eyes, tears would do her no good here. They would only serve to make her a laughing act of the forest.

Her golden-red eyes focused on the space around her. She was on the outskirts. She was thankful for that. Hidden from the prying eyes of those who were ready to mock her. Though she wasn't far off from camp, as she could smell the dark scent of the other cats nearby. Her stomach knotted as she looked around, disoriented. Where would she go now, what would she do? She had nobody here. No friends, no family. She'd left everything behind and now she was alone with the isolation.
A small sobbing whine caught in the back of her throat, produced involuntarily from the helplessness she felt. Her body was bent over as she stared at the hard ground rather than the bleak forest around her. All she wanted to do was go back, go back and join them, be there for them. Another sob arose and she swallowed it down.It felt like she was trying to swallow a crab apple whole. Her body shivered uncomfortably and she finally raised her eyes.

The forest seemed infinitely beyond her. A vast and dark space where she could live out her days eternally. It made her want to be nonexistent. This emptiness that overwhelmed her. Surely she could visit Burdock in his dreams, but it wasn't the same. It never would be the same. All her dreams of another litter of kits, of watching them grow, of being elders together were gone. Worthless dreams that would never be fulfilled. She had nothing to look forward to here except missing out as life moved on without her.

Derpple and Ashie December 16th, 2016 03:42 AM

Walking through the endless forest, a blueish and brown tom moved like a ghost, an accurate term for the afterlife he had found himself trapped within. He was not like the rest of the spirits that dwelled within the Dark Forest, angry, spiteful, hungry for power even after their vile crusade had been cut short in the waking world. Rainsplash was a tom who'd done terrible, unforgivable things, things that he'd always known would haunt him no matter where he went or what he did. Having been one of Eternalstar's most loyal lieutenants in RiverClan during the first Evil Era, he hadn't been surprised that his betrayal of the Ocean King wouldn't have been enough to earn him salvation when death at last came to claim him. He could still feel the bite of Singenight's fangs as brown paws carried him across the dark, diseased almost ground.

The tom wasn't certain what he was walking towards, feeling the pulsating power of another spirit nearby. It was nearly impossible to find another feline in the eternal cage they'd been cast into for their sins, but if a cat was determined enough they would eventually find their way there. It was a risk, going towards the spirit that he could sense, the power of StarClan radiating nearby to signal this was a fresh soul for the endless nightmare that was the Dark Forest. There were so many that had arrived recently, StarClan punching holes into the shadows to cast another into eternal damnation. He sighed with disdain as his thoughts turned towards the holier than thou felines who'd decided to separate him from his mate for all eternity.

It wasn't as if he could visit her in her waking dreams, Swiftbreeze had been killed just moments before him by Singenight. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't find the border with StarClan, couldn't find her along the edge and hope to talk with her, to plead for her understanding and forgiveness as he did so long ago when he at last cast off the shackles of Eternalstar's control. When he thought of his mate, he could only picture her as she died, the agony and terror upon the silver tabby's face just before everything grew dark for him as well.

He didn't belong here.

That was what he kept telling himself at least, that he had earned redemption, that he was no like the spirits around him. He should have been with her, not wandering the darkness forever for past mistakes. StarClan was supposed to be forgiving weren't they? Then again, perhaps some sins weren't worth forgiveness.

His whiskers twitched as he sensed the spirit, realizing he'd drawn near enough to hear soft sobs, the struggled noise of one trying to stop them. That seemed a good sign to him, that whatever feline had just joined the Dark Forest might not be a cruel killer. The passing thought that they could be psychotic did slip his mind, and risking it, he turned the corner and took in the sight of Blazingnight. Instantly recognizing her, he gave a low whistle. "Well I'll be..."

Ever December 16th, 2016 03:54 AM

The whistle alerted her of another cat's presence. Being in the world of spirits, it was strange that she had been unable to hear his approach. A foreign and cruel reminder of the world she now resided in. Quickly she ran a paw over her face, prepared to be on the defense. She came in here expecting herself to be the Darkforest's biggest failure, a pawn that went rogue. She expected some malevolent spirit was coming to harass her with teasing, tell her how she'd done this or that correctly she might have lived to see another day. She was too fragile to let herself be beaten down yet, she needed to work through it herself first, build up some walls before she could take the mental beatings.

So as she turned to the to face her suspected opponent, Ash's charcoal maw was wrinkled in a snarl and she bared her teeth. Her glare was a weak one, twisted with her fresh pain. "What do you want." She hissed, her voice was so much different than it had been on earth. Here she had no confidence, no standards, she felt low and like the rat they had told her she was. So her threat was more a whine, bubbly with her sorrow. Though she still managed to get her tail to be obedient and twist angrily behind her rather than gluing itself to the ground in submission. Her whole pelt was on end with surprise, fear and frustration. Her ears were flat to her striped skull as she eyed up the unfamiliar tom.

Derpple and Ashie December 16th, 2016 04:17 AM

"I know who you are," he meowed slowly, careful of his words, he had heard many a tale of her in the year he had spent wandering the Dark Forest. Many of the spirits loved to whisper their hateful things about the failure of ShadowClan's leader, how she'd been seduced by a tom, her heart weakened by love. The very same thing had happened to him, love heart opened his heart back up to the good in the world. In a way it had weakened them, but in another it had made them strong. Unfortunately, in the world they both resided in now, that was not how it was seen. "Blazingnight, leader of ShadowClan...." He tilted his head, "or I suppose former, if you're now here."

Sitting down, the tom's large brown chest puffed up and dark chocolate eyes that seemed to glow narrowed at her. "What happened Blazingnight? Did someone poison you like they did Deceptionstar? Battle, betrayal, sacrifice?" He settled down into a laying position, his blue grey fur standing out in the dark of the forest like a beacon. "Why are you here?" Then he stiffened, and laughed. "Well, I suppose one half of that question is obvious. What sent you here, is a more accurate and appropriate question I suppose." He was relaxed, far from looking like he was ready to fight, and simply looked at her with an ease that was unlike most cats of the Dark Forest.

Ever December 16th, 2016 12:08 PM

Ash still had her ears pinned tight as she listened to him. She wasn't surprised that her threats weren't threatening here. In life her words and snarls might have been something to fear, because there she was powerful and had a clan behind her. Here, she was at the bottom of the totem pole. A laughing act. Her golden eyes glared at him with that same attempt at an angry stare, but it was broken. She cursed herself and gave up a little, it's not like he was attacking her anyways. Or none at all... She realized this slowly, and curiosity finally found its way into the molly. She looked away from him though, she didn't really want to explain it. Thinking of it brought her so much pain, but what else was there to think about? She sighed in defeat and wiped at her face again. If he wanted to hear her story she might as well tell it, it wasn't like she was going to lose out on anything except the chance to make a friend. Ash desperately needed a friend here, though she hadn't pictured it happening so soon. She figured her arrival here would result in the slow passage of time as she grew numb to her solitude and accepted it.
"Just call me Ash." She told the tom, her voice was small. It felt so strange to her to be feeling this way, small and pathetic. It was such a foreign sensation. She hoped her misery made Scorchflake happy, the least her death could do was make some cat happy rather than broken. She shook off the thoughts as they came crashing in, she couldn't think of who would be missing her right now. "I was killed in battle. They stripped me of my remaining lives for treason. I was accepted by the dark, there was never any light for me. I never believed in the good of Starclan. Still don't." She explained her situation quick. Her throat felt thick with tears and her eyes burned from trying to suppress the tears. "You?" It seemed the right thing to ask why he had gotten himself in this hell hole. And that would give her more insight to what kind of cat she was. Maybe she wasn't alone in her dilemma here.

Derpple and Ashie December 16th, 2016 02:40 PM

Listening with a neutral expression, judging her just like any other feline would in the place they were. When she finished, he flicked his tail. "Ash? Alright, I suppose death is the best time for a new name." It wasn't really a joke, but he laughed nonetheless. The tom dipped his head in a greeting, brown eyes staying level on her form. "Rainsplash, though if you decide to keep to your treasonous ways I'm sure we'll get along just fine. I was one of Eternalstar's lieutenants, all the way back in the first Era." He sniffed, and glanced around warily. "The cats here don't like to call them 'evil', prefer the term great or something of that sort but we both know the truth. The love of my life fled RiverClan when he took over and I so stupidly did not follow. Eventually came to realize the error of my ways, I won't lie it was because of a different she-cat." With a laugh he shrugged. "Toms, right?"

Dipping his head however, a seriousness returned to him. "Anyways, when I finally wised up I fled, lost the second she-cat, somehow to forgiven by the first, made it all the way to being an elder. Survived more war and floods, even the fires... Just didn't survive the foxheart who took over. Neither did she. Execution is a fun way to go, made sure to give him a good fight first. StarClan didn't like the things I did, decided they still liked her though. Now I'm here, and she's over there, and it'll be the same when your mate dies... It sucks."

Ever December 16th, 2016 03:09 PM

She didn't laugh at any of his jokes. Rather she continued to stare into the forest with the lost expression of a newborn kit. Though it seemed they were in the same predicament, as much as she didn't want to look at the long term effects of it. They had both chosen power over the right thing to do, gone with the darkness and done horrible and unforgivable things. She'd thought fearlessly, with the power of the Darkforest in her heart and never imagined her death would come so soon. She'd thought that she would have had the time to grow with her family, she had been so sure of it. Her eyes stung again. She couldn't help but let out an angry little hiss as he said that she'd be forever separated from her mate too. That was a fact that she couldn't even begin to wrap her head around, just the fact of being separated through the living and the dead was hard enough to bear. She felt her chest constrict around her, as if she couldn't breathe. Her body slowly lowered to the ground as she though about it more, what the tom said, separated for eternity. She couldn't suck in the air, it felt like she was being killed all over again. She'd rather live in the state of blinding pain when her lives had been taken from her than this wretched life full of misery.

Ash shook for a moment, trying to recollect herself before continuing. It didn't look like the tom was going anywhere, and she wasn't either. She swallowed the lump in her throat and sucked in a shaking breath of air. Not that she really needed to, it was just habit. She could stop breathing and survive perfectly fine. She was dead after all. Her eyes glanced over at the tom- Rainsplash. "It isn't a new name. It's my original name." She explained. It was fitting to go back to it. She was no longer the same cat here. The title Blazingnight did not fit, she wasn't a leader nor a warrior of any sort. She was weak and alone and ready to rebuild, her original name fit. Ash would have to build herself anew here in the Darkforest. Whether she wanted to move on or not. You couldn't wallow in sorrow forever.

Derpple and Ashie December 16th, 2016 03:20 PM

He watched her keenly, and then lowered his maw onto his paws. "Okay," he meowed, allowing her to process everything she was thinking, well aware that it was a lot to take in after what had happened to her. He certainly had spent half a moon just sitting in one place, staring at the vast canopy that obscured whatever sky there might be in this place. Shuddering at the memory of when he'd climbed a tree to see nothing but black, a suffocating, inescapable darkness. "They say there's a border with StarClan, but I haven't found it yet."

Ever December 16th, 2016 03:28 PM

Blazingnight looked over at him with curiosity but also suspicion. She wondered if all he was saying was true, it was still hard to believe. All she'd seen from the Darkforest were tricksters, cats who wanted to twist and bend others to the breaking point. How was she supposed to know he didn't create the story. He was very nonchalent in explaining it, though it could be because he's been here a long time. She didn't want to let herself open up anymore though. Saying that there was a border between the two dimensions of afterlife seemed like such a sick joke to play. It seemed like exactly the thing a Darkforest cat would love to create. Just to watch her search for moons, search endlessly and blindly. There couldn't be such a thing could there? She looked out into the forest, every direction seemed like endless forest, though she would walk forever if it were true. She would do anything to visit Burdockpool, to reach him again. She knew that she would be able to visit his dreams, but it was such an uneasy feeling that washed over her when she thought about it. She probably wouldn't visit him for a few nights, she needed to get collected. It would be more a punishment than a gift to visit him before she was ready. Her gaze returned to the tom beside her. "That sounds like a trick." She mumbled. It sounded childish to say, but she wasn't going to let him lead her on either if that's what Rainsplash was planning on doing. He had admitted to being one of the King's immediate followers, how would someone that evil go good. Oh wait- she started as a follower of him too. Though she was blind to what Bucknight actually was and thirsty for power in her youth. She simply sat and stared at him with suspicion clear in her eyes.

Derpple and Ashie December 16th, 2016 03:41 PM

Brown eyes widened as he listened to her, and then he started to laugh. "Right, you've only ever encountered the foxhearts of this forest. Believe it or not, StarClan sends anyone who doesn't fit their perfect little idea of how a cat should act here. I met a she-cat once who had never even been in the clans, but Eternalstar or some other powerful soul ensnared her and brought her here. It's easy to get tossed into the Dark Forest, most cats just embrace it at that point. I have not. If I ever see my mate again, I cannot be what she thinks of me now." Then he sighed, and flicked his tail. "I know it does sound too good to be true, a border between the two realms, but that fact stands it has to exist doesn't it? We can't just be contained in a pocket world can we? I've never seen it but, one day I will. I don't know if we can cross into StarClan either but if I can see it that will be enough." He would wait for the rest of eternity for his mate to find her way there to see him.

Ever December 16th, 2016 09:57 PM

Ash still held her suspicions. Though she knew he was probably being honest, though she always wanted her lies to look perfect too. There was love written on his face as he told her story, but she was too new here and she'd never been a trusting cat to begin with. It was probably part of the reason that she was here. "Sure." She replied flatly, staring into the vast pace. She wondered where all some cat could look. It seemed to her that the world continued endlessly like this, an unsolvable puzzle that repeated itself for eternity. Her eyes raised to the thick canopy of gnarled tree branches, bear of leaves and scraggly evergreens. She wondered what was past there, though it wouldn't do her any good to try looking tonight. She didn't have the energy, that would be for another day. Though what even defined days here? There wasn't a sun here from what she'd ever seen. You didn't age through death...

Derpple and Ashie December 16th, 2016 10:53 PM

Giving a loud, amused laugh, Rainsplash smiled at her. "You're a skeptic, don't trust easily... good, it will help you here. Surely you've spent enough time here when you trained and they visited you for you to know what it's like, what the spirits are like..." He trailed off as he thought of some of the first souls he had encountered, the tom having never been visited by the Dark Forest before his death and making the entire thing so foreign and terrifying for him upon his arrival. "Skepticism and paranoia are good things to have here, unfortunately."