Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   Twolegplace (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Market Square [Open] (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14402)

Midgefur February 9th, 2018 04:46 PM

Market Square [Open]

[ooc: The general idea is a wide area full of stalls, like a fresh produce market that also has small fast-food trucks and stuff. Some cats do like human food after all. :)]

Being careful not to be knocked over by shuffling twoleg feet, Asphalt ambled carefully into the crowded area, led by his growling stomach and the heavenly scent that hung in the air around the market. His ratty stumps of ears twitched constantly at the hustle and bustle, and his dark whiskers flared out in all directions as he slunk around. Twolegs were something he had become wary of, especially the young ones; even the thought of them made his hackles rise, but he would try to remain collected if it meant his belly would be full of something delicious.

The huge grey tom slunk under a plastic table to gain his bearings, most of the stands looked like fruits and vegetables, but the smell had to be coming from somewhere. It was familiar, something the twolegs back home would cook outside and he could smell all the way into the field. Something in a twoleg's hand caught his eye, and Asphalt followed it with his whole head cranking right around- a chicken leg, that was it. He ran his tongue over his muzzle and scrambled to get back on his search, a juicy piece of chicken would be a great prize.

|+sari+| February 9th, 2018 05:00 PM

Re: Market Square [Open]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgefur (Post 467249)
[ooc: The general idea is a wide area full of stalls, like a fresh produce market that also has small fast-food trucks and stuff. Some cats do like human food after all. :)]

Being careful not to be knocked over by shuffling twoleg feet, Asphalt ambled carefully into the crowded area, led by his growling stomach and the heavenly scent that hung in the air around the market. His ratty stumps of ears twitched constantly at the hustle and bustle, and his dark whiskers flared out in all directions as he slunk around. Twolegs were something he had become wary of, especially the young ones; even the thought of them made his hackles rise, but he would try to remain collected if it meant his belly would be full of something delicious.

The huge grey tom slunk under a plastic table to gain his bearings, most of the stands looked like fruits and vegetables, but the smell had to be coming from somewhere. It was familiar, something the twolegs back home would cook outside and he could smell all the way into the field. Something in a twoleg's hand caught his eye, and Asphalt followed it with his whole head cranking right around- a chicken leg, that was it. He ran his tongue over his muzzle and scrambled to get back on his search, a juicy piece of chicken would be a great prize.

A young she cat slinked through the crowded market, her ears perked and tail raised. She could smell all the different foods and looked at the twolegs eating, her expression forlorn. She swiped her tongue over her maw, her gaze zeroing in on a piece of ham that was left in the corner of the road. She dashed towards it, only to ram into the gray Tom. "Oomph!" She cried out.

Midgefur February 9th, 2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosePelt145 (Post 467261)
A young she cat slinked through the crowded market, her ears perked and tail raised. She could smell all the different foods and looked at the twolegs eating, her expression forlorn. She swiped her tongue over her maw, her gaze zeroing in on a piece of ham that was left in the corner of the road. She dashed towards it, only to ram into the gray Tom. "Oomph!" She cried out.

With his focus occupied by the twolegs moving to and fro, some walking, some sprinting and trying to avoid them, Asphalt didn't even notice when another cat appeared nearby. He raised his head when an older woman walked by carrying a white paper box with a tantalizing scent, and when he turned to figure out where she'd come from, something- someone, collided with his side. The big lug lost his footing for a moment but easily righted himself and looked down to see what had knocked into him.

"Oh! Uh, hello," Asphalt greeted, a tad surprised but ready to help the young cat up, "better watch out, it's a little risky if you don't look where you're going." Head crooked, he looked over the molly. He didn't recognize her at all.

|+sari+| February 9th, 2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgefur (Post 467287)
With his focus occupied by the twolegs moving to and fro, some walking, some sprinting and trying to avoid them, Asphalt didn't even notice when another cat appeared nearby. He raised his head when an older woman walked by carrying a white paper box with a tantalizing scent, and when he turned to figure out where she'd come from, something- someone, collided with his side. The big lug lost his footing for a moment but easily righted himself and looked down to see what had knocked into him.

"Oh! Uh, hello," Asphalt greeted, a tad surprised but ready to help the young cat up, "better watch out, it's a little risky if you don't look where you're going." Head crooked, he looked over the molly. He didn't recognize her at all.

The she cat got to her paws, shaking out her pelt. She blinked her green eyes up at the grey tom, and she snorted.
"I can take care of myself, then you very much. Do I look like I'm helpless?" She sighed. "Sorry if I sound rude. I just haven't eaten today..." She sat back on her haunches, wrapping her tail neatly around her paws. Her whiskers quivered curiously as she tilted her head to one side. "May I ask your name?"

Midgefur February 10th, 2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosePelt145 (Post 467305)
The she cat got to her paws, shaking out her pelt. She blinked her green eyes up at the grey tom, and she snorted.
"I can take care of myself, then you very much. Do I look like I'm helpless?" She sighed. "Sorry if I sound rude. I just haven't eaten today..." She sat back on her haunches, wrapping her tail neatly around her paws. Her whiskers quivered curiously as she tilted her head to one side. "May I ask your name?"

At the molly's sneer, Asphalt stood a little straighter, his rough nubs of ears perked as he looked down at her. When she explained herself however, he let himself relax and sit casually, though he let his tail slowly sway behind him. It wasn't uncommon for cats to be testy, especially when food was involved, he could understand that.
"It's alright, my name's Asphalt." The older tom's scarred muzzle wrinkled in a smile, "What about yourself?" He briefly wondered where the cat had come from, if she hadn't eaten at all, did she have a place she was staying at?

Dark Queen February 10th, 2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midgefur (Post 467634)
At the molly's sneer, Asphalt stood a little straighter, his rough nubs of ears perked as he looked down at her. When she explained herself however, he let himself relax and sit casually, though he let his tail slowly sway behind him. It wasn't uncommon for cats to be testy, especially when food was involved, he could understand that.
"It's alright, my name's Asphalt." The older tom's scarred muzzle wrinkled in a smile, "What about yourself?" He briefly wondered where the cat had come from, if she hadn't eaten at all, did she have a place she was staying at?

[Mind if I join?]
DarkLeaf walked around the market trying not to get kicked all over the place she finally saw a nice safe place and trotted over "Finally a nice little place." The tabby looked around making sure she was alone " good" she meowed DarkLeaf lied down behind a shelf so nobody could see her.

Casual Scribbles February 10th, 2018 05:57 PM

Cannoli jumped down from a human fence, landing lightly on her paws on the rough pavement. The fluffy siamese molly padded briskly through the stalls, weaving between passing humans' legs. She wasn't afraid of them; the blue bandanna tied around her neck marked her as a kittypet, and the collar beneath her bandana led any human who picked her up back to her housefolk. She hadn't been hungry when she'd set off to explore, but the tantalizing scents that wreathed around her made her mouth water and her stomach growl. She set off to find something left out that she could maybe take a bite from. She spotted a large gray tom and a smaller she-cat and trotted over to them, waving her fluffy tail in greeting. As she drew nearer, she started to realize her mistake. The tom was much larger than her and he was scarred, both factors causing him to be slightly intimidating to Cannoli. She nodded politely to the she-cat and tilted her head up to examine the tom. Her forehead only barely reached his chin. She let the fur on her neck lie flat when she saw that his expression seemed kind enough that he probably wouldn't fight her for walking up to him. "Excuse me," Cannoli mewed politely, "would either of you know where I might be able to find some food?"

@Midgefur
@RosePelt145

Dark Queen February 10th, 2018 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles (Post 467864)
Cannoli jumped down from a human fence, landing lightly on her paws on the rough pavement. The fluffy siamese molly padded briskly through the stalls, weaving between passing humans' legs. She wasn't afraid of them; the blue bandanna tied around her neck marked her as a kittypet, and the collar beneath her bandana led any human who picked her up back to her housefolk. She hadn't been hungry when she'd set off to explore, but the tantalizing scents that wreathed around her made her mouth water and her stomach growl. She set off to find something left out that she could maybe take a bite from. She spotted a large gray tom and a smaller she-cat and trotted over to them, waving her fluffy tail in greeting. As she drew nearer, she started to realize her mistake. The tom was much larger than her and he was scarred, both factors causing him to be slightly intimidating to Cannoli. She nodded politely to the she-cat and tilted her head up to examine the tom. Her forehead only barely reached his chin. She let the fur on her neck lie flat when she saw that his expression seemed kind enough that he probably wouldn't fight her for walking up to him. "Excuse me," Cannoli mewed politely, "would either of you know where I might be able to find some food?"

@Midgefur
@RosePelt145

DarkLeaf sighed and eventually got up getting bored of the spot she chose the tabby wandered around and saw three cats two Molly's and a tom " they don't look aggressive but I'm not taking risks" she jumped up on a small platform DarkLeaf looked around scouting to find anything interesting "anything interesting? Nope nothing but those two cats and a kittypet" she thought for a moment then decided to go over to the three cats DarkLeaf trotted over there and looked at the Siamese Molly "Hi I'm DarkLeaf what's your name?" She meowed
@Casual Scribbles

Casual Scribbles February 10th, 2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkLeaf (Post 467912)
DarkLeaf sighed and eventually got up getting bored of the spot she chose the tabby wandered around and saw three cats two Molly's and a tom " they don't look aggressive but I'm not taking risks" she jumped up on a small platform DarkLeaf looked around scouting to find anything interesting "anything interesting? Nope nothing but those two cats and a kittypet" she thought for a moment then decided to go over to the three cats DarkLeaf trotted over there and looked at the Siamese Molly "Hi I'm DarkLeaf what's your name?" She meowed
@Casual Scribbles

Cannoli yelped and jumped, fur puffed up. Her tail stuck straight out behind her and her green eyes were wide. She spun, glancing at the she-cat behind her. After a moment, her fur smoothed and her breathing returned to normal. The other molly's words reginstered and Cannoli dipped her head in greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Darkleaf. My name is Cannoli." The she-cat lapped at the fur behind her bandana to smooth it again. "I apologize for my reaction. With all of the human actions around here, it's hard to hear or smell anything that isn't human-made."

Dark Queen February 10th, 2018 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casual Scribbles (Post 467940)

Cannoli yelped and jumped, fur puffed up. Her tail stuck straight out behind her and her green eyes were wide. She spun, glancing at the she-cat behind her. After a moment, her fur smoothed and her breathing returned to normal. The other molly's words reginstered and Cannoli dipped her head in greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Darkleaf. My name is Cannoli." The she-cat lapped at the fur behind her bandana to smooth it again. "I apologize for my reaction. With all of the human actions around here, it's hard to hear or smell anything that isn't human-made."

"Well nice to meet you Cannoli! Are you a loner, kittypet?" She questioned the Siamese with curiosity with her tail swishing while all the humans walk around Darkleafs ears twitched a bit