View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2017, 09:29 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine's Cat Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Arctickit cocked his head to the side as he gazed at the herbs, his eyes contemplating the leaves before him. Crouching low to the ground, Arctickit placed his nose against the leaves; now that the description was in his head, it was easier to sense the diffence that it held. Picking up one that had more of a softer scent, which Geckoleaf had explained were traveling herbs; he picked them up in his maw carefully, and set them in the beech leaf. His ears pricked at the leaves, as though he could hear the diffence; again, he lowered his head again, this time closing his bright blue eyes, concentrating on the smells that permeated from the leaves. Arctickit placed one of his forepaws on the nearest leaf, and suddenly, he felt a connection of some sort towards it.

Healing... The thought poured into his mind; Arctickit thought nothing of abnormality of the thought. He placed it in the beech leaf designated for the healing leaves. Arctickit placed his paw on another leaf; Traveling this time it was much faster as it flooded his mind. Again, he placed the herb onto the small pile, and quickly did the process over and over again, until the pile was empty. Arctickit looked up at Geckoleaf, his eyes wondering how he had done, expecting to be corrected, though everything was right.

(His first connection to plants! ;3)
A look of surprise crossed the medicine cat's face, a look of such shock that you'd think StarClan themselves had come to visit her. She had never, in her entire life, seen a cat catch on to it so quickly. And he was deft and quick, despite having never touched herbs before. And even she could not navigate herb packs that quick, just by touch. "I.. I... Goodness, darling, how have you managed to do that? By the stars above, it's as if the leaves are speaking to you!" She meows to the kitten, a tone of genuine admiration coloring his words. Of course, she didn't have any clue that Arctickit actually could feel the herbs. A sudden that struck her; he would make a brilliant medicine cat. it struck her without warning, but she knew it was right. It felt right, and it was right. But Geckoleaf also knew not to jump to conclusions. "Arctickit, would you like to learn some more herbs, and try applying them to real situations? You seem like quite a promising candidate for apprenticeship."

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending