Old January 5th, 2022, 06:30 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
♢ Snowleap ♢

Releasing the squirrel from his grasp, he watched as the limp body fell onto the forest floor amongst the leaves. The dark-furred warrior couldn’t think straight, the stinging pain in his left leg making him wince and not want to move. But as Snowleap saw Reedlight rush over to him, uttering frantic apologies over and over again, he didn’t have the heart to allow his clanmate to see him like this. Holding his breath, the Riverclan tomcat heaved himself upwards, standing with his left paw lifted and curled so he didn’t have to put weight onto it. Eyeing the bite mark on his leg, he could see that the squirrel had broken through his skin, a few small drops of blood oozing out of the wound. He felt foolish for letting something like this happen. What would Kestrelstar say if he saw him gain an injury like this in the middle of leafbare? He could only imagine how Snakeheart would be scolding him the moment he stepped foot into the medicine den. This shouldn’t have happened.

The tall tomcat snapped out of his frantic overthinking when he felt Reedlight leaning close to him, sniffing his leg and asking him what happened. Right. He wasn’t alone out here. Snowleap had nearly forgotten. “Y-Yes,” He meowed, his voice trembling a little, but he shook his head, “The damned thing bit me. But… I’ll be fine.” He didn’t want to burden Snakeheart and Reedpaw with his stupid mistake. “Listen to me. It’s not your fault, okay?” Snowleap looked at Reedlight with a serious gaze, “I should’ve communicated with you better. This is on me.” Deep down, the young tomcat knew something like this would happen to him. He always worked too hard and too recklessly. “Don’t worry about me. Let’s finish this hunt and get something else to take back to the clan.” Snowleap hated being coddled. This was nothing. It's fine.
"But I'm the one who screwed up the pounce! It's my fault!" Reedlight insisted, blue eyes glimmering with worry. If he'd have managed to land the pounce, or even just have been more careful, Snowleap wouldn't have been injured! Oh, what was with him?!

Oh no. Snowleap was stubborn about his wound. Oh no: it wasn't going to be easy to convince him to get it looked at. But... Reedlight was also stubborn! Since they both were, looks like they would have to see who is more stubborn...

"You should get that looked at: who knows what'll happen if it gets infected?" Reedlight pointed out, stubbornly stomping a paw. "Besides, you might not be able to get much of a catch with that wounds: the blood might even spook the prey! Come on, let's get you back."

Bump me only after two days.