Thread: Croaking Swamp
View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2022, 02:57 AM
the stars told me–;

My Mood: Hungry
Default Re: Croaking Swamp

|| Dust'Paw | @starry | my reply didn't save ||

|| Narrowing her pine-green eyes, Dust'Paw watched as Cinder'Blaze pounced on the bird, digging his claws into its neck. Woah, he even killed it while the bird was still flying! Now that get's the 'Dust'Paw stamp of Approval'!
"Woah! You're really good, do you think I could be that good? I hope so, I really wanna make my friends and my mum proud, and Dawn'Star, I hope one day I can be a warrior she's proud of,"
Dust'Paw gazed back towards the general direction of camp, seeking approval from her clan-mates and her friends. Maybe Hornet'Paw and Centipede'Paw could give her some pointers so she could extra impress everyone else!
"Okay, so, you stalked until you were around.. the length of me-ish away, then, you unsheathed your claws and pounced.. then then then, you.. sunk your claws into the birds neck? Robin, into the robins neck, I mean,"
Dust'Paw quickly corrected herself, StarClan, she shouldn't be messing up in front of the deputy of all cats. If Snowflake'Sight had actually come, maybe Dust'Paw wouldn't embarrass herself, or maybe the apprentice was putting more pressure on themselves.. maybe.
"So now.. I need to scent for a toad, then, do what you did!"
Lifting their nose to the air, Dust'Paw parted her jaws, drinking in the scents as the smell of a toad filled her nose only a few ways away. Dropping into a crouch, the young apprentice stalked forwards, the toad hopping out from behind a log so that it was now in her vision.

Unsheathing white, shiny claws, Dust'Paw leaped, her claws sinking into the frogs neck, though it attempted to retaliate, and Dust'Paw was forced to roll off so she didn't get nauseous. With a frustrated snarl, the young apprentice latched her claws onto the toad, pushing her claws as far as they could go until the toad stopped squirming.

Haha!
With a triumphant smirk on her face, Dust'Paw grabbed the toad in her maw, trotting back to Cinder'Blaze, though Dust'Paw had some small bruised from when she had rolled onto the ground, an a small cut littered her paw from scraping against a thorn. Ouch. ||
(( longer than expected oops

HAWKKIT | CLOUDEDCRY | SHELLKIT | RIVERPAW | OWLBRANCH | SIREN

“ SHE MAKES ME GO WEAK IN THE KNEES ”

“ but i… can't let… her see… me swoon… ”

Last edited by Karlos; June 4th, 2022 at 03:01 AM.