Old June 5th, 2022, 11:46 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@Ravensong @lonely.lilyx [apologizes for the delay]
Dawnstar grumbled something low underneath her breath as her massive paws ate up the distances between herself and the medicine den. The huge she-cat trusted her head instead of the den and gently set down a kit between her front paws. "Elmshadow, Mistkit's leg needs attention." Dawnstar called for the ShadowClan medicine cat as her yellow eyes darted around the den.

"I found her outside of the camp, she ran into a mother badger and her young and got a bite for it." Dawnstar dipped her head to lightly nudge the hairball closer to the tom. "If you can tell me whether she'll be able to use the leg or not." It might be a good idea to give her to Pigonstep in the future if her leg becomes lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonely.lilyx View Post
Mistkit tried to shuffle forward a little, yelping at the pain in her leg. She eyed the gray medicine cat, eyes darting back and forth.

@Ravensong

**Elmshadow**
@TheNyanCatMinecart [For reference, if you’d like Ivysnake to join.]
[@/lonely.lilyx We can add onto this in a couple days so Elmshadow can check over the wound(and possibly learn about swelling) and apply some herbs once they get in from the patrols.]

The dark tom was organizing what he could. There wasn’t much for herbs but he should have more coming in. He didn’t know many herbs either to be filling the stocks but that was also gradually changing. He took a deep breath, still acclimating to the permanent herb smell of his new den. He turned as he heard Dawnstar’s voice. Stepping out of the shadows of the herb stores, he looked down at Mistkit. Another kit wandering where they weren’t supposed to be and using up clan resources. He narrowed his green eyes slightly but leaned down and sniffed the wound. He couldn’t remember if he’d ever had an infected wound and so far into his traijing he hadn’t gad one get infected but the kit’s wound seemed to looked and smell similar to every other wound he’d encountered; he took that as a good sign of no infection, though he made a mental note to try finding some way to experiment with detecting early signs of infection. If he could detect infection with his knowledge now it likely wouldn’t be till it was dire. Though infection didn’t seem like this kit’s only concern. The way she was holding it made Elmshadow think of the outsider he’d come across.

Elmshadow dipped his head to Dawnstar, “I can’t say right now. It doesn’t yet seem infected but it looks like it may have broken to some extent. I’ll do what I can.” The dark tom leaned down and lifted the kit to carry her to a nest. Setting her down gently, he turned back to his stores. He knew he needed marigold but that wasn’t yet back. He sighed and shook out the poppy flower to drop a little black seed out. He slid half of the seed in front of Mistkit. For injuries in warriors, he was often given only one so for a little kit a half should be enough to dull the pain, otherwise he’d give her more later. “Eat that. And clean the wound.” He turned to grab cobwebs then returned. He leaned down and gave the wound another cleaning, not trusting the kit to clean it well enough, before wrapping a layer of cobwebs over the wound. He placed one paw beneath the injured leg and another over the top. Gently working his paws over the leg he made out a weakened spot where there wasn’t a joint, though it was less severe than Queenie’s and he didn’t maneuver it to get a better idea of the injury as he had the she-cat’s, not wanting to risk further injuring the kit.

Elmshadow grabbed the stick the cobwebs had been wrapped in and cut it down so the thinner side was the length of the kit’s leg. He wrapped another tighter layer of cobwebs around the hind leg to cushion it before setting the stick against the wrapping, ensuring the leg was straight, then wrapping more cobwebs to keep the stick in place against Mistkit’s leg. He sat back to admire his work. It was maybe extra for a minor break but it was also a kit that wouldn’t be made to sit still easily. “Stay off that leg and come back in tomorrow so I can clean it and put some herbs on it to keep it from getting infected.” Turning away from the kit, Elmshadow set to work cleaning up the mess he’d made getting everything together for the kit.

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing