Old July 21st, 2022, 09:40 AM
statement as follows.

Bump Policy: once a week, daily for patrols
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: RiverClan Streamstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by xath View Post
|| Flickerpaw | @poppy. /OPEN! ||

Blizzardwind's call for a meeting echoed loud and clear through RiverClan camp... and Flickerpaw honestly could give a mouse's behind. There were very, very few cats that the sassy ink-black apprentice claimed to care about: their mentor Mintleaf, and the warrior Frecklecry--on account of the nice patrol they had that one time, when Frecklecry totally had Flickerpaw's back. The other apprentices in RiverClan were fine at best and obnoxious at worst (especially that evil brat Snailpaw!), and no other warrior had ever bothered to glance at Flicker or offer a shred of advice, so she'd have to be forgiven for rolling her eyes and taking her sweet time to heed somebody's call. The majority of RiverClan did not care about her, and so Flickerpaw did not care about them. Their loyalty was to the clan as a whole--not the irritiating individuals that comprised it.

Frowning with annoyance and lack of sleep, Flicker dragged their fluffy black-and-russet self out of their nest and took up a seat near the outer rim of camp. From her vantage point, she could perfectly see the silvery shape of Blizzardwind resting atop the Streamstone. He looked quite important up there, as though he belonged. Good for him. A sharp huff left Flicker's fangs as she observed Flintkit scrambling up to join the imposing warrior. She awaited a shout, admonishment, something to blast the precocious kitten off RiverClan's throne and back into the dust... nothing. Blizzardwind welcomed the loud kiddo next to him with nothing more than a paternal curl of his tail to prevent Flintkit from tumbling to the ground. Wow! If that had been Flickerpaw, dashing up to address the clan so boldly, SHE would've been cuffed over the ear! Booed offstage! Told to "mind your own business, you nosey brat"! Indignity prickled up and down their midnight hackles. A sneer stretched unrestrained from where they sat huddled in the shade, claws scraping at the soil. Why bother to sit here? Why pretend as if she was part of any of this, was part of them, when Flickerpaw would have a better use of their time going out and training by herself?

Since, you know, Mintleaf hadn't exactly been around...

Not that anybody would've noticed.

Skystar hadn't even dignified her earlier suggestion of a game to help bring the clan together. It was as though Flickerpaw hadn't spoken to him... as though she did not exist.

What did an apprentice have to do to be noticed around here?!

A drawn-out yawn peeled from Flicker's throat as Blizzardwind droned on. Moonfrost and him were in charge, blah blah blah, Craneglide was handling patrols... yippee. It sounded as though Blizzardwind might allow the RiverClanners to speak their thoughts later, which DID perk the bored Flickerpaw's interest. Perhaps they could request another mentor while Mintleaf was busy? It wouldn't hurt to have another seasoned warrior involved in her training! The more mentorship, the better! Someone as naturally talented and viciously ambitious as Flicker deserved only the BEST of training, to sharpen her like a deadly weapon.

Except--the meeting began to crackle and fall apart. Bad news about Wildsong... mention of rogues... contenton about whom Skystar had appointed in his absence... Flickerpaw chewed the inside of her jowl, increasingly frustrated that the opening to request a mentor just wasn't popping up.

Well. Perhaps she'd have to make an opening.

Flickerpaw finally stood up, fluffy tail tall, and marched straight for the Streamstone. Once at its base, they plopped down on their haunches and aggressively cleared her throat, puffing her chest out for better visibility. "I'll volunteer to help find Reedpaw and Snakeheart. I got nothin' better to do, at least until I find another warrior to help me learn stuff..." Her assertive tone gradually unfurled into something quieter, though her pallid green eyes stubbornly did not leave Blizzardwind.

Pondwhisker nodded at the apprentice at the front before standing. "I can help train Flickerpaw alongside Specklepaw. I'm surprised that they haven't had a proper mentor in a while." He was more than happy to help his Clan, and needed another 'paw for Specklepaw to train with too. As well, it would show that hes a good warrior too.

Fae/faer/moon/moonself/they/them
Characters | RP Tracker and Bump Policy

STAFF SIGN HERE
velli was here <3
dracarys - dani <3
dino dropped a stolen treasure chest here and ran