Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushie View Post
// @SpiritedWarrior@marni @zenosaurus

>Bluebellcrackle<
The black and white she-cat had hung back to allow others to exit camp before she did so herself, and she stood at the edge of the gathered cats even now. She stared blankly down at Skystar's body as it was lowered into the grave, let the words of others roll over her. She had nothing nice to say to this tom, who had failed them not once, but twice. So she would say nothing at all.

She watched in solemn silence... until one warrior stepped forward and began to cover the body. Her nose crinkled in distaste. Seriously? No matter her personal feelings about the situation, this was not something to be rushed. Only then was Bluebellcrackle compelled to say something, eyes flashing with alarm as she watched young Fawnpaw falter in stepping forward. She rose to her paws, intent on moving over to uncover a spot herself, but the fool from before beat her to it. Now her gaze slid over to Snowleap, asking a silent question: was he really going to let Reedwhisker get away with making such a call?

Her claws gripped the dirt as she turned instead to select a small flower of her own from beside the roots of a gnarled old tree. When she finally approached the grave, she did her best to try to catch Fawnpaw's eye, tell her it was okay to give Skystar her gift and pay her respects.

She scooped away her own section of dirt, and as she set her own flower down, she inclined her head to Reedwhisker, eyes narrowed, and murmured quietly, "That was not yet your duty to fulfill. Please, show some respect for the grieving."
Reedwhisker felt guilt grip her, and the tip of her ears felt hot with embarrassment. She didn’t mean to be inconsiderate of everyone! This was her first burial she took part in, so she only nodded in apology as Bluebellcrackle murmured to her. At least she knew what to do when the next burial would take place- hopefully not anytime soon.

A small bit later, Reedwhisker murmured back to Bluebellcrackle, head hung low, “I’m sorry, Bluebellcrackle… I have very little experience when it comes to burials. I didn’t intend on being inconsiderate.”
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!