View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2022, 10:35 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star... [P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Dirtfur nodded and listened, staring back at the green eyes until Eelkit had his interest in something else. “And that’s okay, to be not sure I mean,” Dirtfur added quickly, then went back to using his ears. “Indeed,” the old tomcat agreed, “Being trapped myself, especially when I was a loner, was not pretty. Though…” Dirtfur would’ve said more things aloud if he did not keep his voice low and muttered. Shaking his head, he looked back to Eelkit. “If there is one thing I learned when I died, Eelkit, is to never let things get the best of you and do nothing about it or… do something that worsens the situation.”
"I know. I've seen more cats ruin their lives in those ways than I care to count," Eelkit huffed, kicking at a random pebble that happened to be in front of him. He could think of many cats that it applied to: Aspenstrike, Dogbark, Skystar... There were so many poor cats who ruined their own lives, simply because they didn't do something to help change their situation, or did something to make it worse. Honestly, he felt bad for most of them, though he figured some deserved it, but that was his personal opinion, and no one cared about his opinion, anyway. However...

"Letting things get the best of you is fine," Eelkit said, a small frown on his face. "If some things didn't get to you, then something's wrong: would you not let the death of your loved ones hurt you? In my opinion, it's fine to let things hit you in your heart. What's not fine is allowing that to hold you back. It's not gonna help you, or those around you. Grieving, crying, anger... Getting upset over something that hurts is okay, but letting it control you and your choices is not. You've got many choices to make in life: don't spend most of it making the wrong ones."

Bump me only after two days.