View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:05 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: October Gathering

Larkpaw
(Open )

Larkpaw slunk onto the beach behind her Clanmates like a living shadow, barely distinguishable from her dark surroundings despite the rather obvious markings on her fur. When the grey-ish brown apprentice considered it safe to slip out of the shadows, she ducked into view, fiery amber eyes raking over the gathered cats. Moonlight filtered over the young she-cat’s pelt, making her entirely visible, but she merely stood there, watching. Huh, no Clan other than ShadowClan seemed to be out here today. For her first Gathering, that fact was oddly disappointing.

Another quick once-over of the clearing had Lark reconsidering her earlier disappointment. Hmm. Perhaps she had overlooked some cats after all. Like that singular apprentice who smelled of WindClan. Larkpaw would know that scent anywhere, since Dawnstar had taken her to WindClan’s border and specifically told her to be able to brand it into memory. Watching the WindClanner interact with Darkpaw-, one of Larkpaw’s denmates-, the former loner couldn’t help but tilt her head in question. She wanted to march over and bombard the other apprentice with logical questions, like why the WindClan apprentice was here alone when her Clan was evidently not. Or why she was bothering one of ShadowClan’s apprentices when he so definitely did not want to speak with her. Instead, Larkpaw merely grinned to herself, white fangs flashing in the dim light. Oh, yes, she was amused. But she wouldn’t bother the pair for now, she’d just watch from afar until she deemed that approaching could no longer be resistible.

Speaking of resistible… Well, her thought process was not necessarily related in the least but Lark’s gaze swamped the cluster of cats once again, picking out each and every one of them, and taking note of whichever she deemed worthy of attention or impotence. Such as Vixensnarl, who was dealing with a… ThunderClan cat who was making a fuss? Well, eager, were they? Larkpaw’s grin only grew wider with heightened mirth. These cats had just waltzed past their leaders and into the Gathering without properly waiting for orders. Wow, what a Clan. As far as Larkpaw knew, no one from ShadowClan had dared walk before Dawnstar, and the young, mostly inexperienced apprentice couldn’t help but puff out her chest with pride as she relished the fact that ShadowClan was probably the most disciplined between the four.

[ Won’t mention everyone that I mentioned in my post, but going to ping @Darkclaws & @SpookyCloud the Pumpkin because Darkpaw and Ashpaw were mentioned more than once- ]

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.