Thread: Gloaming Camp
View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2022, 08:13 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Gloaming Camp

Fablespinner

Fablespinner was thouroughly, entirely irritated with the hand that life had dealt her. No good sky dwellers with the fate of all cats in their paws. Didn't they have better things to do than ruin her life? Seriously. She was being dead serious.

First off, that flea-bitten(not really), daft(again, not really), and useless(okay... Fable could rightfully call him useless) kittypet had promised to keep the two kittens he'd sired. But what had happened? He'd thrown both at her after only one and a half moons because of some mangy upwalker excuse about how they were going to be donated if he didn't give them away. Gah, kittypets!

Secondly, her idiot of a daughter had run away to live with those stink-brained cats who called themselves ShadowClan. Well... Fable had been the one to abandon her daughter in the forest, but she was obviously going to come back to retrieve her ... eventually. It was not Fablespinner's fault that the scoundrel hadn't been able to rough it out in the wild and had gone mewling to the nearest group who'd take her in. Disgusting little creature.

And thirdly, her son, her shining star, had completely disappeared. Fablespinner wanted to scream at something, or maybe claw someone's face off. Yeah, she'd settle for that if someone got too close and rubbed off on her the wrong way.

With an annoyed sniff, she turned her muzzle upward, green eyes focusing at the newest fiasco she'd been cast into. This circus, or whatever the heck it was called. Well, joining had been entirely her choice, because clawing out the eyes of a Clan leader sounded very pleasing. Anyways, moving on, Fablespinner let her lime gaze travel over the gathered cats with scrutiny until it landed on William [ @Starfall ]. Tuning in to the words of the makeshift 'leader', Fablespinner was made aware of what he was asking.

Roles, huh? The elegant feline tipped her head to the side, gaze sharp with unleashed intelligence. Her mind processed the options before she deemed in advisable to speak. "Sentries for the guards..." Her gaze flitted around. "An upwalker I ran into once referred to his canine companions as such." Here, a sharp glare was cut in the direction of Seth [ @nocturnal naiad ] for stealing her words. How dare he offer up the same suggestion as her! Preposterous! Scoffing at the other cat, she turned back to William. "If we have a group tending to wounds, they'd best be named Herbalists, not icky Menders." Another sharp look in Seth's direction. Her expression coolled off after a moment, and Fablespinner lifted a shoulder in an elegant shrug. "The only thing for spies that I can offer you is Seekers." She finished, and then went back to inspecting her claws with a bored expression.

You don't think I know my own palace? I built it.

Last edited by Rose; October 18th, 2022 at 08:14 PM.