View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2022, 05:15 PM
eagle sounds

Bump Policy: Whenever
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: October Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
Rainpaw felt hardly any anger toward the younger apprentice. Sure, he was rude and deserved a smack to the back of the head to knock some sense into that mouse-sized brain of his, but the older apprentice couldn't muster up the courage to do so in front of all the Clans. If he could, he would actually knock some sense into Blazingpaw back at camp. Taking in a deep breath, Rainpaw's ear flicked toward a conversation between his father and a RiverClanner. It seemed to be a nice conversation, so the young tabby didn't feel the need to protect Thrushfur, but... the mention of something the RiverClanner said was... interesting. W-what? Horror spread across his face and he flicked his green eyes toward the pair. I'm... n-no! That's impossible!

But the young tom couldn't help but try to find out more. He had to find out who the cat was and why he was making such a comment at the Gathering. Not bothering to say goodbye to his fellow ThunderClan apprentice, Rainpaw rose to his paws and padded over to stand next to his father.

"Who in StarClan's name do you think you are?" he growled. "My father is a ThunderClanner, you're a RiverClanner, there's no way you two could be related!" There's no way I could be part RiverClan... I was born in ThunderClan, and so was my dad!

"Dad... is it... is it true?" Rainpaw was now shaking as he looked up at his feathery-furred father. He couldn't bear to hear the truth, but something in his mind told him to ask if it really was. This RiverClanner does seem to look a little like dad...

@Eaglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky sky View Post
pondwhisker

The tom had a soft smile that slowly fell the more Thrushfur reacted to his words. He wasn't lying... The old tom felt his heart slowly fall as the feathery tom padded away. His final words made him tear up. Dead? No, No. No. She would never die and be forgotten. How could they forget her? "Wait-" He called, standing, before an apprentice padded over. He gave the child an incredulous look, and he was surprised the apprentice was so quick to stand up to him and be hostile. That's when the apprentice called the feathery tom - Thrushfur - dad. "Youngin, many things happen and sometimes different Clanned cats fall in love. Sometimes, StarClan allows it, and in the case of yer grandmother and I... It seems they did not." His mew got quiet, and he found his eyes tearing again. How could a molly like that die?

Thrushfur

The feathery tom felt like he was having a crisis right now. He felt so much self-doubt at the moment the crisis has shifted towards an identity crisis. Me? Half Riverclan? He gave a dry chuckle, raising his paw as he smacked his forehead. I'm not Riverclan. I would never be a Riverclanner. His smile creaked - trying his hardest to keep his emotions attached to his body. Seeing as they could bounce into the world any second. He slammed his paw towards the ground. This whole show was present right in front his eyes. And he was apart of it. Playing a casting character. Well, look at that. Rainpaw has gotten involved with this catastrophic play as well. He felt like he was about to start silently weeping into his paws at any given moment. It was dissolving like sand! All of it! He urged Rainpaw to not talk to the senior warrior, but it was a tad to late to fix that.

The apprentice was struck and snarled. Padding up to him as he faced his son. It was all there. Dissolving. If his son started to get the same self doubt that he was facing currently. What would he become? What would Rainpaw become? He just wished his son would have a happy future. Lavenderpaw to have a happy future. And it was all long. Now some random cat claiming to be his father in the midst of this chaos and they TRULY did seem genuine. He looked towards his son with tears building up in his eyes. He wanted to face the cat with his own two eyes. And say that he wasn't his father - "you've been gone all my life! Now just to drag your worries and sadness to redeem yourself?" He felt like he was now just not.. him anymore. He claimed himself to be Thunderclan. Born truly Thunderclan. No mixed-matched blood anywhere. He gave a defeated weep towards his son.

"I-It's not true.. it's not true it's not true.." He bit his bottom lip, smelling the metallic scent of blood entered his nostrils. They flared as blood pooled from them. Dripping towards his chin, cleaning creating a crimson trail. Shading his chin with an auburn color. He stifled. Entering and scurrying himself into his paws.

[ thrushfur is becoming a bit wimp nowww ]