View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: January Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Shadowfur chuckled. This Keeper was a bit fiery, wasn't she? "Wouldn't you expect us to be?" he asked, his voice neutral. He tipped his head to one side. "Isn't it the job of cats like you and I to remain knowledgeable of what's going on with the other Clans? Isn't that the point of these Gatherings? Do you think I have any less right to know what's going on with ThunderClan's high ranks than you, just because squirrel blood does not run in my veins?"

He twitched his whiskers. "Dawnstar has not made a decision on a deputy. I don't particularly care what other Clans think of that, because I don't care about the other Clans' opinions. I do not need their validation. You, on the other hand, seem bothered by other Clans' interest in your high ranks' problems."

This long-furred ThunderClanner was bold to approach a ShadowClan cat she didn't even know, but Shadowfur wouldn't let her walk away with the assumption that she was braver or more commanding than he.

Flameheart

The backlash and sass the young Keeper received was nothing short of amusing. But in all reality, she did care what other Clans thought about ThunderClan. Particularly ShadowClan. Maybe it was because she wants to prevent another takeover and keep her Clanmates safe from Dawnstar's tyranny, which the Clan was subject to when Flameheart was a young kit. "I think you and the other Clans need to put a halt on whatever game you're playing. ThunderClan's high ranks change more frequently than everyone else's. So what? At least we follow the code and believe in StarClan. At least we are peaceful and don't go looking for fights when fights aren't necessary to solve every conflict."

"And just because 'squirrel blood' doesn't run in your veins doesn't mean swamp blood runs in mine. We both have an equal right to know each others high ranks. We do not, however, have a right to make it a game. Let me make that clear here and now, Shadowfur. ThunderClan's toes are not to be stepped on. Make that clear to your Clanmates, as well, while you're at it. While we all make mistakes, leave Dawnstar's tyranny in my Clan in the past. And I couldn't help but notice... Dawnstar's lack of deputy must be hard on your Clan, is it not? Dawnstar's not one to tolerate foolishness. I understand that completely. But if she can't select a deputy and it's been more than two moons... who's really getting stung in the behind here and suffering? ThunderClan sure isn't. Take that into consideration the next time you or any of your Clanmates speak about the loss of another Clan's high rank."

"Want to know why I care so much about what other Clans think, Shadowfur? I want to protect my Clan from being exposed to tyranny such as your leader's. I want to put an end to the unnecessary death and bloodshed." Her gaze remained strong and unwavering as she went on to challenge the ShadowClanner's jokes and retorts. Her thoughts were spoken each time she opened her mouth. If the high rank changes are not demanding the needed respect of other Clans, perhaps a warrior's tongue would.

Before long, Pikestar had begun the Gathering and made his announcements. They had quite a few good things happen, which brought Flameheart's head to dip in respect. Fawnpaw was now Fawnlight; they had three new warriors; and... the trespasser who had scarred Flameheart. A low growl emerged from her throat. "Serves that fish-breath, fox-hearted, mouse-brained, sorry excuse of a warrior right... he had no business hunting on ThunderClan territory. He had no right to fight back. If he left when I told him to, maybe he wouldn't have gotten so injured he had to screech at the top of his lungs."

For that warrior to have been her first fight, she was impressed that whoever it was hadn't shown up to RiverClan since. Deep down, however, she was concerned. How much damage did she really do to that tom? Clearly it was enough to hurt his pride. She knew what she was capable of after murdering her brother on the edge of ThunderClan's territory. And although it scared her half to death at first, Flameheart was proud to have that strength because it meant she could protect ThunderClan. "If that cat knows what's good for him, he'd stay away from ThunderClan. Because next time I won't go easy on him. Next time, if necessary, I'll rip his throat out and toss him into the outskirts next to my dead murderer of a brother."

For a moment, she had forgotten who she was sitting next to. "Pardon me. I'm just not fond of cats who lay their claws on my pelt without a solid reason."
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!

Last edited by SpiritedWarrior; January 19th, 2023 at 03:46 PM.