View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2023, 10:59 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: come on, everyone, let's tear into each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
The blood already in Cinderpaw's mouth mixed with her brand new enemy's, and the apprentice wondered if she would be taking two lives today. Maybe that thought should have phased her - maybe it would have, moons ago - but now, all she was focused on was hurting the cat who lay beneath her claws, and getting Bluetree home. Even as the two leaders let out ear-splitting calls to retreat, Cinderpaw refused to relent. No way was she just going to let him take her clanmate. She would be showing no respect to cats who called themselves a "clan" yet lived like this. There was no honor to what Shadowclan did, ever.

Claws whistled by her face, and Cinderpaw realized the tom was actually attempting to fight back. Well, that was new. He flipped over, tearing her claws from his back and giving himself the perfect position to kick her away... before her eyes flickered to the side to see what he had dropped.

Wasting no time, the apprentice dove for the pelt, trying to keep herself from retching as it finally touched her tongue. She rattled off apologies to Bluetree in the back of her head - for letting this happen to him, for getting Shadowclan blood all over him... but he was safe now.

She glanced back at the pathetic weasel warrior who had tried to take him. If she didn't want to risk the pelt, she'd have ripped his belly open right here, retreat be damned. "You're lucky I care more about my clan then I do about killing you. If I ever see your sorry face again, you're dead." The tabby apprentice snarled, before turning and trotting almost non-chalantly away.

She needed to help the injured. Sure, she was a little scraped up, but Cinderpaw had almost miraculously escaped with few injuries. Her eyes fluttered around the battlefield, before locking onto one figure.

She let out a sigh, tossing Bluetree's pelt over her back to further stain her pelt with blood, and trudged over to Bumblebreak. The apprentice hesitated for a moment - the snarled words of 'idiot' and scalding eyes and mumbled apologies that made everything better replaying in her head - before reaching to grab the warrior by the scruff.

Her words were pointed. "Let's go home."

[ @Epiphany @dino. ]
bumblebreak === >
Piercing bells and a rising din were all that she could register at the current moment. The stinging cuts along her shoulders had long since dulled into a numb haze that she really, truly couldn't bring herself to care about. They were minor, and would heal seamlessly; the injuries of her other Clanmates would not. She wanted nothing more than to force herself back to her paws and hurtle back into the fight, but a retreat had already been called, and in any case she could hardly stand as it was.

She didn't register Cinderpaw grabbing her by the scruff and hauling her to her feet until she was leaning on the much-larger warrior's shoulder. "Thank you," she mumbled.