Thread: March Gathering
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2023, 01:20 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: March Gathering

Crowpaw

The first cat to lash back at his brutally honesty (albeit probably reckless) words was not the cats he addressed, which he didn't know if that was good or bad. Crowpaw didn't care though, he thought the stupid kit-like behavior practically radiating off the rats needed to be addressed. What seemed to be an apprentice was the same size as him, this cat was possibly a new warrior. The young tabby fought to keep his ears where they were as she listed the dead cats that were announced at the previous Gatherings.

"You've no right to mention my sister's death. She died an honorable death by saving my life. From what? It doesn't matter. And Acornkit? No one can figure out where he got those stupid red berries from and the medicine cat was too late to save him. Weaselpaw? His death befalls similar circumstances to my sister's. Raypaw? Got crushed by a tree. That's not all the deaths, obviously, but that's a few that no one could really control, only fate could." He growled and subconsiously raised his hackles. Flashbacks of Quietpaw's death were brought to the front of his mind and his whiskers quivered as he fought back a shaky voice and tears.

"Contrary to your belief... ThunderClan has plenty of kits and queens." he remarked snarkily and huffed, trying to appear reasonable. "The final blow might be caused by an enemy's claws, or a badger or foxes or whatever else your kids endure, but the cause of the death will always be the same; you adults failing to keep them safe." The young tabby didn't need a reminder. He was already run ragged with the knowledge that although he tried his hardest, his sister could not have been protected unless he was able to get her back to camp faster. Tears peaked at the edges of his eyes, but he refused to have a shaky voice. I can't appear weak... I just can't. "I know who the problem is." The words came flying out of his mouth before he could even get a chance to think about what he was saying, but it was too late now. If he panicked or showed the mouse-dung any form of weakness he'd be ripped to shreds in a verbal manner.

"Dawnpaw was found dead on our side of the border. And who skins their enemies for trophies? ShadowClan. Who else murders cats? ShadowClan. ThunderClan has blood on their paws, yeah, but so does ShadowClan. And you know what? You're rotten, just like a carcass." He glanced at Shadefrost with an icy glare. "That's how I know Dawnpaw didn't trespass. He was also smart enough not to, know how I know that? He was my denmate."

The next cat to speak on behalf of ShadowClan was, of course, the rotten Queen of Shadows herself, Dawnstar. "How 'bout this, you foul-hearted rat: you leave the punishment to a cat's home Clan instead of yours? Your Clan has no right to kill or berate us when you aren't even leading us. What you do with your Clan is your business while what my father does with his Clan is his business. Ever think about that or do you have too many bees in your brain to think about the fact that you aren't the one who rules the forest. I don't give a damn who your ancestors are or what afterlife they walk. Leave ThunderClan alone for once."

By the time he was done, all the tears Crowpaw had in his eyes were silently flowing like a stream down his face and his heart was racing with fear, just like his mind was racing with the flashbacks of the day he and his sister were attacked by that fox. He turned to leave and follow Cinderpaw out because he didn't want to be alone, especially with how he was feeling like death was crawling behind him, ready to pounce any second. "Rainpaw! How are you, my boy?" GRANDPAW!!!! Seeing the familiar brown tabby tom, his grandfather from RiverClan, Crowpaw ran straight to him and surrounded his family, the only cat beside Cinderpaw who seemed to only show their care for him externally, in a tight hug. "Not g-great..." he finally let Pondwhisker hear his shaky, heartbroken voice. In a shaky whisper, he added, "Can... I speak with you? A-after th... the Gathering, alone? Please?"
RiverClan: None
Outsiders: Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception (hearing), Agatha Kitty (clue and inconsistency finder), and Hulk SMASH (strength boost when angry)
Bumping Policy: After ONE week!