View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2023, 12:18 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningpaw |

It was a rare thing for Lightningpaw to emerge from the medicine cat's den for anything other than checking in on patients. The incident with Smalls had convinced her that maybe a patrol around the dens every now and then might be a good idea though, what with everyone evidently being so stuck in their own lives they were blind to whatever was happening right besides them at any given moment. A sigh escaped the young apprentice, knowing far too well how judgmental she was being. A lot had happened since she had become a medicine cat apprentice. A lot. It made sense for some cats to simply still be in shock over the events that had transpired. But surely cats would notice something like a queen giving birth in the middle of the clearing no matter how big their shock

No wait... What was that last part? Almond shaped eyes growing wide as her head swiveled back towards what sight she was certain she'd imagined, the lithe calico took one dark paw towards her eyes, rubbing them slightly before turning to gawk again at the mostly ginger tortoiseshell queen birthing in the clearing. You see? This is what she meant! How had no one reacted to this?!

Her slowly honing healer instincts kicking in, the medicine cat rushed to the queen's side, her ears flat against her head as she realized that at least one kit had been born already. In the open. Stars above, this was a mess! A quick look at the tabby let her know who it was. Leafpelt, the newest nursery queen... and she wasn't looking very good from a glance. Medically speaking. Her breathing seemed to be labored, and everything about her was weak. Turning towards the closest feline in the clearing, she glared, spitting out instructions in an instant. She was in no mood for arguments. Someone should have noticed Leafpelt sooner, for star's sake! Darkness take her... she was this close to shredding someone's ears.

"You there! Go to the medicine cat's den! Tell Cowtuft we have an emergency with a weak queen, fast! I need... Oh stars... I need burnet, and anything else that might help with strength, quickly!"

Burnet. She'd been using a lot of that lately, trying to improve Milkpaw's breathing problem. She'd come to the conclusion that it was useless for what ailed her friend, but she knew for certain it would help this queen gather up her strength. Turning her attention to the young kit, she quickly swiped a tongue over it, trying to ensure it was alive and healthy. Where there any more kits coming? Lightningpaw had no idea! She hadn't had any type of experience with a pregnant queen before! Awkwardly, the lithe calico attempted to place her paw on the weakened queen's belly, trying to feel for any other kits kicking or writhing within.

"Hang in there. You hear me, Leafpelt? Got one kit here waiting for ya. Now, help's coming, alright love? I need you to focus on me, can you do that? For your kit," Lightningpaw mewed, her voice even despite the nervous flurry of emotions going through her, storming deep within. There was no blood present, which was good but... was she to late to safe her? She just didn't know.

-

| Open for anyone who wants to be the receiver of Lightningpaw's ire in this post. |

@Light000 [Leafpelt]
| If I could please get a healing form posted for Leafpelt at the WindClan Healing thread so I could know what Lightning is dealing with that would help a lot! |

The tiny tabby died shortly after being born, but another kit was born, small and fluffy, mewing weakly, but this one was a bit more strong than the other one. The kit was a little tom, with a white pelt and gray-blue mask marking in his face.

Leafpelt was still panting, but she calmed a bit when she saw Lightingpaw, she felt like if she was going to pass out, she didn't expect that it would happen that soon, but she tried her best.

(I'm going to make the form for the kit to appear in allegiances)

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra

Last edited by Snivellus; June 11th, 2023 at 12:22 PM.