View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2023, 10:39 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Leader's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by valery View Post
Ah yes. Alderstep loved when his brain guessed things and got them right. It made him feel less braindead. He returned Bumblestar's stare, though he doubted he looked as captious as she. He hunched over a bit, finding ease as he realized that the leader was actually pretty informal, in the "no honorifics" way and not the "feeling like sleeping in" way. Maybe he could get away with being a bit insolent. Stars know that he'd wither away if he had to keep a tamp on his tongue whenever he felt like being insensitive.

"Hmm. Yeah. I understand," he answered.

Patrols seemed easy enough to manage. Gather up some cats, send them out, and join them if time allowed. It helped that he'd been on them before, obviously. Reports, though. Flameheart probably knew more about those, what with her being the head Keeper and essentially taking over all deputy responsibilities for the last moon or so. He supposed he'd have to rely on the Keepers telling him things and keeping his eyes and ears perked for any and everything going on in the clan. That in turn meant he'd have to be involved. It was all daunting, for sure, but he'd manage. Alderstep had no choice, either way.

Don't say it. Don't. Just don't. It was definitely not time for being petty. He asked a question instead. "Sooo...I can just barge in here whenever to report and stuff?" Well, technically it was his den too. Rather clearly, he didn't view it that way. Alderstep still clung to the memory of sharing a den with annoying, snoring warriors that woke him up when he fully planned on sleeping later. Painfully, he was aware that it didn't even matter what den he was in anymore, because, at the end of the day, there wasn't anyone to cling to stubbornly.

Alderstep was struck suddenly with a bout of horror. What if Bumblestar wasn't a sound sleeper? If she snored loudly or something of that sort, he just might follow the latest trend and disappear into the night. Probably not, though. He only indulged dramatics within his own mind.

[ @dino. don't mind me replying not even fifty minutes later ]

Bumblestar gave him a curt nod. "Good. Yeah, if you need me for anything, just come on in. I'm not gonna be picky about who enters my den unless they're annoying me, so stay on my good side and we won't have problems."

Her tail flipped back and forth for a moment before she carried on. "One more thing, 'n then I'll let you go. This is my den; I want you in the warriors' den still. In case something stupid happens, like a tree falling on top of me and crushin' all nine lives outta me, 'cause StarClan knows with past leaders' track records, that's a real possibility and ThunderClan doesn't need to be out both leadership ranks. Also, I like my space. Not keen on sharing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Mmmm on this day Mudhound felt kinda guilty. They hadnt been around since the first interaction bar occasional grins and good mornings as the two bustled around with clan life. Turns out being a clan leader meant that Bumble-sis was super busy and didnt really seem to have free time. Plus while things had steadied since the last meeting and all that happened in between for a long moment there the maine coon mix was a little bit startled and unsteady around their sibling. Interacting with Roseraven and finding her very nice and how well things had gone at the meeting appointing the new high ranks had soothed that though. (Drizzlecloud especially was a good choice in Mudhounds eyes, that was a nice cat.)

Things were fine now though! It was all water under the bridge!

Water under the bridge and Mudhound needed to congratulate their sibling and make sure everything was going alright for them! Well.... That and talk about something rather more serious. A nagging issue the tripod had noticed since coming home they couldnt ignore and at least had to ask about.

" 'nafternoon Bumble! Wow things have been busy I didnt know thunderclan life was like that but cats are saying this is normal chaos! You looked super small on the crest hehe but leader like if that makes sense? Anyway heya! Cool den! How are you doing?"

The warrior sat with a thud, grinning at the smaller cat as they looked around. But their not wagging tail betrayed a odd undercut to their cheerful attitude.

@dino.

Oh, joy. More noise to brighten up her day.

Bumblestar lifted her head as Mudhound entered her den and did her best at a polite smile, not wanting to scare their sibling off. (She still wasn't sure how to feel about that. Elated that one of them had come back? Concerned as to why the others weren't? Who knew, really.)

"Yo. Uh... thanks, I guess?" Was the small comment a compliment? She knew she was much smaller than the rest of her siblings compared. "I'm fine. A little tired, I guess, but that's not really new. You?"