View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2023, 06:07 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

| Dapplebreeze |

"Oh not at all, my dear, not at all. In fact, I came to ask you the very same thing," Dapplebreeze remarked, shaking her head as she spoke.

These past moons had been... vexing. Taxing. Brutal, really. Even for her. Dapplebreeze had lived through a lot. There had been so many times of need. So many times when WindClan almost didn't make it. Shouldn't have made it. But they did. And they were always stronger for it. One of the many reasons the former queen was such a proud member of WindClan. Her clan had proven to be a clan of champions. No adversity had conquered them, even when they came back to back as they had these past few moons.

But... The clan did survive. It always did. StarClan willing... it always will. But it had taken a toll on its warriors. Some still seemed to be reeling from the events. Most seemed to be settling in nicely, of course. It was hard to remain nervous under the careful guidance of their leader. The medicine cats had been working nonstop to help those injured, and the deputy had been sharp and swift in ensuring for food and their borders to be secured even as they were getting settled into their new home. He'd even led the patrol to find their new camp himself! All of them, caring for the clan. Ensuring the well being of those who looked up to them.

Which begged the question... who looked out for them? The medicine cats had each other. They could support each other. And honestly, with the weight of the stars on their shoulders, it made sense that they did. Who better to understand the toils of their work than one who went through the same? StarClan could not have granted Cowtuft an apprentice at a more opportune time, truly!

Fallownose himself was also doing splendidly. He seemed to be getting along quite well with the... newcomer. The thought of their deputy consorting or considering such a cat as a mate - she wasn't blind, it was clear there was affection - while there were plenty of strong, capable felines amongst WindClanners was... not something she agreed with. She hadn't agreed with it when her son had chosen a kittypet for a mate, and she would not be seeing it as an acceptable thing anytime soon. But... the stranger made the deputy happy. And he had fought for a clan he had no stakes in. Perhaps if he were to join the clan... maybe then the patched molly would be more inclined to approve of the union.

Unfortunately, this left Twilightstar seeming... quite alone. In this new den, this new place, after having lost a life... potentially having lost a son. Who took care of her during this time of recovery? Had she been taking care of herself? Or had she simply taken to burying herself in her work? Attending the needs of the clan and ignoring her own? Perhaps it was Dapplebreeze's own maternal instincts flaring up after having lost her two remaining kits to the fire, but she would rather die than see the leader burn herself out with no one to lean on. It was this that spurred her on. Motivated to continue. She was not one to intrude upon the lives of others so boldly on most occasions, but this was not most occasions, now was it?

"How have you been? After... well... everything. The clan is recovering fabulously thanks to your expert care and leadership, but if I may be so bold as to inquire as to your own well being? I know how much you do for the clan, Twilightstar, but I hope you remember you have friends down there. We are all here for you as well if ever need be... and dare I say... even if not," the former queen purred.

-

@Moonraven [Twilightstar]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios