View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2023, 04:11 PM
dum spiro, spero

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

[ @Omari @ares ]

Bumblestar snorted in amusement at Drizzlecloud's surprise. Was it really so hard to believe she had done some dabbling of her own? She'd spent enough time in the old den to pick up on a few things, anyway. "Yes, really. And, good—if it gets to be too much on you, let me know and you can stick with just the healing stuff."

She gave Springpaw a nod. At least they seemed to be on-board with it and willing to learn right from the get-go. That gave her a good feeling. She moved to the herb storage to nose around for a moment, and carefully pulled out two heads of marigold, making sure not to damage them. The last thing they needed right now was to lose perfectly good herbs due to carelessness.

"I'm sure you know the basics, like poppyseeds and cobwebs," she started as she set the plants down, "and I'm sure you know about deathberries, so I won't be going over those. But to start off, this is marigold. I learned about this from Sundust. You can find it near sources of water—think Sunkissed Creek—and you can use it to treat infections if you chew it into a paste and spread it onto an injury."

She nudged the two plants close to the others, letting them get a better look before moving on.

"We don't have these, so I can't give you a visual, but ragweed, burdock root, and mushrooms. Bear with me for a second.

"Ragweed kinda looks like ferns, but it's a little pointier. If you eat it, it's a strength- and energy-booster. Good for giving cats a pick-me-up if they're too weak to get going by themselves.

"Burdock root is attached to these tall-growing thistles. The thistle itself is usually purple, and it's got these dark green leaves. Smells and tastes bitter. You can dig the roots up and chew 'em into a paste to apply to rat bites to help those heal. Make sure you wash it off first, don't want dirt getting into anything and makin' it worse.

"Lastly, mushrooms. These are a little different. A lot of 'em don't look the same, but you can tell that they're poisonous if they glow at night, so I suggest you only go looking when it's dark out to avoid grabbing something that's gonna kill you. If you eat these, you die. You can use 'em to give someone an easy out if they aren't gonna make it and you don't have deathberries on paw, or to take care of someone causing more trouble than they're worth. They're subtle, too. Not likely to be noticed, unlike deathberries, so if you really need to get rid of someone... go the mushrooms route."

She poked a claw into the dirt and glanced the pair over. "You got all that?"

On hiatus from June 9th to June 17th. Do not bump me/send me messages, they will go unresponded to.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder | Redmire RP Finder | Clan History Overview

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Additional Training