View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2023, 10:15 PM
leave the past behind

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Goldenpaw »
At Deadmoon's question, he inwardly grimaced. It wasn't going well, obviously, but he didn't want to volunteer that information. Instead, he said, "It's alright. I couldn't find my mentor anywhere in camp, so I was"—he hesitated a moment, coming up with an excuse—"learning the territory."

Maybe he shouldn't have just up and admitted to having been alone, but what good would it have done to lie? Besides, it wasn't like he was going to die if he went out of camp by himself. Honestly, ever since he'd heard about that "no apprentices out of camp" rule, he always knew he would disregard it eventually. He'd been out by himself before! And he even caught prey! (Denying the fact that he'd had help with that.) Without Brackenheart around to guide him, he had to take his training into his own two paws.

All that aside, it wasn't like he was about to risk a warrior's safety by taking them out of camp with him. Every mentor he'd had seemed to disappear or die, and he wasn't about to let that happen to Pignut—even if he was a little absent. It seemed like just being his mentor was enough to cause them tragedy. He wasn't quite sure on the status of this apparent curse on him, but maybe he should get someone else's opinion on it soon.

[ @gs29513 - really sorry for the late response! ^^; ]

lio was here ♥