View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2023, 11:23 AM
I am REBORN!

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Distracted

Default Re: The Sunny Ice Training Session (Alt Skyclan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Key in the Tree View Post
{Suntree}

(This is a continuation of the training session that takes place before Skyclan's flood, this was the last post for the session before it moved to here)

When the two arrived at the training hollow, they gave their apprentice a grin, their tail high in the air, though they scrunched their muzzle up in uncertainty upon seeing Icepaw’s more monotone expression.

“Alright! To begin, I want you to practice the moves you do know on me, kay?” They gave an excited hop and backed up to give Icepaw room. “This way you can practice and I can get an idea as to where you’re at, then we can go from there.” Suntree explained, wanting their apprentice to be on the same page. They did have some ideas for what they could do after the little sparring session, Suntree did want Icepaw to actually learn something today, and they’d make sure she would, even if they were still getting used to the entire mentor thing.

@RedLeif
//It is kinda powerplay, hope you don't mind
Icepaw nodded, opened her mouth to speak. "I do not have much skill in fighting, but I shall do as you ask." She went into a defensive posture, padded forward so that she was within striking range of her mentor, staying light on her toes in case of retaliation, struck out. She hadn't meant to hit hard, but when she pulled back her paw stung slightly. She flexed her toes, then sprung onto Suntree's back, clinging on like a burr, sliding he claws out just enough to get a grip on her fur. Altering the move she had been taught slightly, she lent to one side in the hopes of toppling the older cat over, pressing her paws into her shoulder muscles, jerking uptil it happened.
The ground rose up to meet her and she twisted to lessen the force of collision. Standing up again, she shook her thin pelt. "That is all I know in attacking, but I know the 'pretend to give up' move where you slump in submission the surge up."

Ain't much that I know what to put 'ere...

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch