View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2023, 02:19 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud hadn’t been expecting to be poked and prodded at–emotionally– by her apprentice today, but it wasn’t unwelcome. She found it to be quite endearing, actually, and Springpaw’s word’s brought a small smile to her face despite what was going on. “It’s nothing, really.” She flicked her tail, pausing for a moment. Do not lie to her. “It’s not me, it’s… You know when some cats might speak of their inner kit? It’s like that. My inner apprentice, Drizzlepaw, she’s envious of you.” Her words were laced with amusement at her own words, but she continued nonetheless. “When I was an apprentice, I was a coward–I haven’t met anyone so easy to frighten as myself. I was just thinking, we.. You are similar to how I was. Similar, but not completely the same–you’re far more brave than I ever was.”

Drizzlepaw was a cat who was afraid of her own shadow, to put it bluntly. Always running to her mentor with tears in her eyes when she was frightened or feeling discomfort–it was humorous for her to think back on. She cowered from battle training, insisting that she didn’t want to inflict harm upon anyone–it took her a pawful of moons more than the average apprentice to become a warrior because of that fact alone.. But, eventually, she made it. “I was deeply afraid of violence. Didn’t want to see it, didn’t want to partake in it–ever. I’d cry and shake whenever any kind of violence was impending–training or not, but.. I eventually learned that clan violence does not have to stem from wanting to fight, as a lot of us fight to protect what we have.” Perhaps that’s why she was so deeply protective of those she cared about? The need to protect the ones she loved was what truly kept her alive. With a dismissive flick of her tail, she shrugged her shoulders. “That’s all. You are simply brave, and a part of me wishes that I were as brave as you, when I was your age.”

Springpaw’s comfort that followed–regarding Drizzlecloud’s own guilt–made her feel even more guilty, if that were possible. Guilty and angry. Not with her, but just with the situation that they faced right now. Gentledoe didn’t deserve any of this–she was defending her clan’s territory, that’s all. She did not deserve to be wounded so grievously as she was. “Yes, Springpaw, we do have to get used to dealing with wounds such as these–and we will. Together, we will.”

The tom who did this.. Did she even know his name? No, she didn’t, but she could remember what he looked like. The nameless tabby’s form was practically engraved in her eyelids–she could see him and what he did whenever she closed her eyes. It filled her with a deep, hot rage that a Medicine Cat probably shouldn’t hold against another cat. Seeing as a Medicine Cat was supposed to set aside their clan rivalries and what-not, she knew it was wrong.. At the very least, she would try her best to ignore these feelings of hers.

“Once you finish cleaning up her wound, we will apply new cobweb wraps and marigold once again.” Drizzlecloud stated as she stood, heading over to their herb storage to find the marigold and cobwebs that she spoke of. She took the marigold in her mouth, beginning to chew it up now so that it would be ready by the time Springpaw had finished up.

[ @ares - Springpaw, @lio - Gentledoe ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!

Last edited by Omari; July 13th, 2023 at 01:54 AM.