View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2023, 05:31 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Burning Wreckage [EVENT - OPEN TO ALL.]

It was about time he'd come to check out the wreckage. Smoke billowed into the air, and sometimes, the flash of fire caught his bicolored eyes. The tom crept through the burnt and blackened grass, occasionally needing to hop over a bit of rubble.

He vaguely remembered his mother telling him his father wanted to name him Rubble.

He ended up as Jack instead. Jack slipped his tongue out of his mouth, moistening his lips, then continued through the mess of bustling twolegs and scrap. His fur stood on end, ears swiveling, body perched, ready to take flight if something unexpected happened.

What a mess, Jack thought, parting his mouth to search the acrid fumes of smoke, twolegs, etc. for anything out of place. The scene had him on edge, making him feel as if something would jump out and bite him at any moment. But it was just so fascinating that he couldn't just stay in his den and not investigate. Just the thought of doing that was preposterous.

So, the tom had made the trek out here, just to be severely disappointed. Really, there was nothing interesting about a burning wreck. He had expected at least something; Perhaps something shiny for him to take home, or a little danger to entertain him.

At that moment, a large piece of metal fell from the giant twoleg monster, landing with a crash just a few rabbit-lengths away from his ash-ridden fur.

"That's better," he purred, studying the fallen junk with twinkling blue-green eyes that reflected the warm glow of fire in the distance. Jack padded closer, very cautiously, to get a closer look. It had been burnt, twisted, and had just fallen to the ground from a considerable height, so he couldn't exactly tell what it was. He didn't think he would have been able to if it wasn't already destroyed.

Jack gave it a last thoughtful glance before continuing onward.

[ OPEN ]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art