Thread: Sunkissed Creek
View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2023, 11:53 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sunkissed Creek

Huh, having an apprentice was easy so far! Mudhound wasnt sure what other mentors were occasionally complaining about in the warriors den. Lotuspaw was happy to learn, eager, and absorbed everything! They should get through this in a flash!

Alright now the creek! Leading the molly into the clearing of trees around the stream, which was babbling happily, the tripod took a moment to roll around in the dirt half an eye on their apprentice. It was a perfect sunny day and the creek was a perfect sunny place, shallow enough to not be dangerous and flush with prey. So a place for a good hunting lesson! ....Eventually. For now introductions!
"Ok so this is the Sunkissed creek! As you probably know there was a fight here recently! Shadowclan were being mean and trying to take it, but we fought them off and won! And now its still ours!"
Mudhound had a few cuts from all that and almost did something real bad but it was fine! They stopped in time and didnt regret any of the damage that occurred to them because of it.
"Uuuuuh the creek is nice to be in if you like water (yuck not for me its too soggy) and theres lotsa prey! Ya just gotta be careful sometimes, if not patrolled enough some big baddies can den here."
Did Mudhound know what these 'baddies' were? NOPE! They'd only heard of the predator issue secondhand from other warriors given Bumble-sis had this place well patrolled enough to not let any dangers den here. Still, the warning was here for a reason and wouldnt hurt to pass on.

"Uuuuh prey is basically everything! Plus minnows and fishies! Everything needs water after all. If you can find a cat that knows how to swim heres the place to learn but its not gonna be me, sorry. I cant swim. Oh! I cant climb either with the leggie so Im gonna look for someone to teach you that while I go do...... A thing. Ill explain later."
With a small grin albeit an apologetic one the warrior rubbed their big flat head against the dirt, wiggling happily. They did want to teach Lotus everything, but sometimes doing the best for a cat meant knowing what you couldnt do for them. And if doing the best for her meant finding another cat? Mudhound would find the best.

For now they could do well enough by answering questions though! So the warrior sat and waited for either that or the ok to go once the apprentice had explored enough.

@poppy. (back to the old user I see lol)