Old October 7th, 2023, 09:21 PM
:P

Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days !
My Mood: Lurking

Exclamation ☁️ ੈ✩‧₊˚ the eye of the storm

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 26 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge ₊˚੭
∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘₊✧─ ────✧₊∘∘₊✧──────
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Alchemist Kitsune || powerplay permission was given
Bloody hell. Cowtuft gave a small nervous look to Lightningpaw as she quipped about stormy tempers. Well. That didn't help his nerves. He's come to accept his chest might always be buzzing, slightly, in times of importance. His fluffy tail swished back and forth, giving a small nod in agreeance if only to let the topic drift away. Despite everything, he felt hope. Giddiness to reveal this secret to her. Cowtuft had never explained to her about the messages StarClan had sent him. (it always slipped away and briefly he wondered if had ever truly happened. his faith was a question, drifting until called upon.)

He took a small breath, wasting no time lingering by the entrance. To make small talk. It felt unnatural when it was only them. It had never been only them. Cowtuft wasn't exactly sure how to ask for advice on these things. He thinks he could settle if he just made Lightningpaw understand how proud he was, how wonderful it was to witness her journey. To offer something firm, good in these times of brewing tension. Something to celebrate.

A laugh falls from his lips as Lightningpaw smirks, shifting the tone into friendly, casual banter. Something familiar and nice. "D'aww, aren't you the sweetest..! Your feather is lovely, thank you very much, " He insisted, this was her day. Even if she didn't know it yet. Ehh.

He shuffles into the cave and spares a swift look to the cave, taking in their ridges. The stone and the illuminating light. Cowtuft always feel likes he's holding his breath in it. As if waiting for something to happen. "Well.. let's take a second. It's not quite time, not yet, " He gestured in amusement, taking a tail-length back from his apprentice. "Lightningpaw,, After witnessing how you acted in the last battle we faced, how you took charge .. acted confidentiality in your role and firm. It confirmed .. well, something I knew was coming. The day where I had nothing m..more to teach you,, Not really, maybe a few obscure tricks hiding my fluff .." He gave a playful wink at that part, a small jest. He clears his throat quietly.

"I have known you for many ,, many moons now. Goodness,, it takes me by shock sometimes realizing how .. you've grown,, and I am so proud of you. Lightningpaw, StarClan sent me signs .. all those moons ago but it was also you. When ,, the plague hit us you were always there to lend a helping paw. Eager, and I could see you cared.. The most determined little thing I've ever met..!! I'm telling you .." He bursts out into a grin, unable to stop the belly chuckles from escaping his mouth. His anxiety beginning to drift away into pride. He knew this had to be the right thing.

"And then, then.. blimey, one night .. the stars — they showed me you. At a gathering, even. I ,, don't know how to explain it but my only thought was you. The stars .. aligned to form a shape.. of a lightning bolt .. it broke the sky in two.. I had been ,, confused on what to do.. that time wasn't a good time,," Cowtuft confesses softly, the memory simmering in the back of his head. He had remembered the way it made him feel. The sense of tranquility and the loss of control. He wasn't sure if others had noticed it. Could see it.

He never revealed himself, always simple facts. Nothing too vulnerable. He wanted to share this part of him to her. He knew she was always willingly, there if he needed it. He always had been stubborn (and he would still be. he loved her fiercely and protectively, he never wanted his concerns to be hers. ) "I ,, well,, wouldn't say I'm old,, by any means but uhm, I was young.. Barely earned my name — and that ,, did not go well.. A lot of things shifted for me. A story for another time,, perhaps,," he'll tell her. one day. but not on her day. "but .. then StarClan gave me an idea. Couldn't shake it, either,, never been the best at.. trusting. Especially after that. I waited. "

"I think I would have came to this ..choice down the line eventually.. maybe a little later, perhaps, you were always a spark, Lightning,, .. and then after, a long while .. when the plague had its grip firmly .. there was a storm.. As if the skies were weeping, and then later I saw you .. helping patients and it clicked into place. You care .. so deeply for each and every one of your clanmates .. "
He closed his eyes briefly, inhaling air into his lungs as he straightened himself up. "Your mother would be proud.. I am sure she always has been .. but how far you have grown.."

Cowtuft had only spoken this much when he had encountered Twilightstar that day. He had been so nervous, so young. Confused with messages sent to him. Words were never something gifted to him. They always sat at the pit of his stomach, thick brambles that wrapped around his tongue and choked him. He's gotten better and they flow easy in this time. He know what he needs to do.

"You are no longer a small spark — you are a brewing storm,, and while you always be little lily to me — it is clear you are ready, " His smile softens, and the tom is grateful for this moment of privacy with his apprentice. He couldn't have done this with the others around. Not in the way he wanted. Not in the way Lightningpaw deserved.

"I, Cowtuft, medicine cat of WindClan... call upon my ancestors to look down at this apprentice.. She has trained hard to.. understand the ways of a medicine cat,, and with your help.. she will serve her clan for many moons. Lightningpaw,, do you promise.. to uphold the ways.. of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clans ... and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life..? To seek out ways to care for your clan..?" He fell back on what Dogbark had done for him. (Ignoring the way his skin begins to prickle in apprehension. )

He waits for something of an agreeance and his apprehension falls away. Nothing would be happening. Lightningpaw was safe. Cowtuft would keep her safe — keep WindClan safe until the end of his life.

"Then by the powers of StarClan .. I give you your true name as a medicine.. Lightningpaw, from this ..moment forward.. your name shall be Lightningstorm.. StarClan honors your courage, determination, and intelligence.. We welcome you .. as a full medicine cat of WindClan .. may you continue to burn like a star and your journey be full of light ... You are going to do so much good — " his voice cracks softly, tears of simple pride swelling up in his round hues, he shakes his head gently.

Cowtuft makes a small gesture for her to come forward and tilts his head down, letting the flower crown slide onto the top of her head. A little bit lopsided perhaps but he thinks it looks stunning. "There,, Now who is outshining who,?" A rumble rolls out from his throat and he thinks this is what true happiness is. If he does anything good in his life it would've been this.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; October 7th, 2023 at 09:29 PM.