View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2023, 12:44 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Lynxpaw

•° Dewkit °•
StarClan Kit

The young cat had taken an interest in this apprentice who stood before her, not much bigger than Dewkit herself. The gray she-cat felt sympathy tug at her heart for the cat, but only because they, like her, were young. As the cat cried, Dewkit seemed to materialize from thin air. She listened to Lynxpaw spilling out all his woes. Yet, the more he talked, the more Dewkit's feelings shifted.

He had a long life ahead of him. Dewkit nodded, holding in her own jealousy that she never got a chance like this. She would never be alive again, and she had had her whole life ahead of her, hadn't she? Pinning down those unwanted thoughts and compartmentalizing them for later, Dewkit stayed silent and listened.

Killed by an enemy leader. Dewkit had to stifle a low growl at that. What kind of leader would kill a young cat? She didn't know anything but what Lynxpaw was telling her. But what he was telling her was making her upset. There were cats who cared about him. Yes, everyone had cats who cared about them, and everyone eventally died. It was a cruel world. Dewkit had heard this reason enough times that it didn't really make a difference in any decision she had to make.

Ghostpaw. Broke the code. Messed up. Fell in love with a ThunderClanner.

Ahh.

Like delicate dewdrops exposed to the harsh morning sun, any sympathy that Dewkit felt for the apprentice standing before her evaporated. Dewkit, who had no experience with love, thought it all to be a terrible excuse to do terrible things. When cats came in crying about how their misdeeds were guided by love, Dewkit always scoffed. She didn't see how cats with a good head on their shoulders could justify doing things like breaking the warrior code "out of love". Barely holding back her temper, the small gray kit spoke, getting uncomfortably close to Lynxpaw's face.

"Why." Was all she growled, tail lashing. "You're a mere 7 moons old. Why? Why jeopardize it all for 'love'?" Hissing the last word out like it was poison, she backed down and spat at the apprentice's paws. Dewkit then began pacing and talking. "Your focus should have been training. Growing. Making connections in your Clan. You know you did wrong, but why? What compelled you to risk everything for something so... so stupid?!" Dewkit's jealous feelings were bubbling to the surface. "And now that you've gotten caught breaking the code, you think you should go back-- why? Because you messed up? You knew full well what you were doing! And don't you dare make the excuse that it was 'out of love' -- I don't care!"

"I felt sorry for you because I died young too. Obviously. But you did something so... so monumentally idiotic that you died because of it. You chose to risk your life, and it didn't work out for you. That was a choice you made.

"You deserve to stay here for eternity."

// @PhantomFeurSturm \\

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]