View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2023, 01:50 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Fallenpaw

Fallenpaw
She/Her | The Fallen Angel

There was something... wrong about the next cat who approached her. Fallenpaw's every sense seemed to prickle with unease, her fur standing on end with alertness. Never had she met a cat like this, in all her days in StarClan. There was a vile... air that accompanied him, and Fallenpaw found herself shying away from the blue-eyed stranger.

And yet... she could not ignore his words. If he was here, there was plenty chance he was supposed to be. Casting a cautionary glance in Daisypool's direction, Fallenpaw exhaled softly. "If my heart were to fail again... so be it. If it were to happen a second time, I will accept my fate if I must. At the very least, my family and my Clan would know that I tried, for them, for me." It pained her, to know and admit to the defects she was born with. It pained her even more to share her vulnerabilities with others, to give cats more fuel to look down upon her. But she was here, and she had to be honest with herself from here on out.

There would be no more hiding, despite how much the thought made her squirm. Floppy ears twitched, but Fallenpaw forced her head up, to face the Dark Forest feline that spoke to her so callously. Swamp-green eyes flashed with determination. "No. Not again. Never again will I roll over and let death overtake me in such a way; it was the worst mistake to ever be made in my short span of a life." The dark-furred molly shook her head. "I can't stop famine if it decides to overtake ShadowClan once more -- nature has to run it's course on it's own, but I will fight for my life. I know how much it's worth now. I've learned over the moons the mistake I made."

Her head dipped, attention flitting down to the paws of the cats she faced. "I realize neither of you owe me this life... I know that fact just as I know my own paws. And yet, still I cannot keep away from your Council, not if it means there's even a sliver of a chance for me to return to my family. I cannot shun that meager hope." Her eyes flicked up again, searching the Dark Forester and StarClanner's expressions.

Hope was a fickle thing, indeed.

[ @Alchemist Kitsune - Magpiewisp / @/Pitou - Daisypool ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.