View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2023, 09:11 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Sky Glade

Skyfall
purrk(s): kitty softpaws (ACTIVE)

The gaping mouth of the tunnel loomed over her, and while Skyfall didn't feel an overwhelming sense of dread, she wasn't a fan of how... cramped it looked. Her mind briefly wandered to the strange possibility that perhaps her brother's ghost still haunted the tunnel network, if he still played around in the places he spent most of his life. The places that eventually became the death of him. If he was haunting a place, she'd rather it be the tunnels. They were polar opposites, he seemed to live and breathe tunneling and could navigate it easily, while she could barely make it through the entrance without wanting to crawl out of her pelt with paranoia.

A small raindrop fell from the sky, and she blinked it from her long lashed, dark rimmed eyes, shaking her head slightly at the uncomfortable sensation. Like she was crying but it was cold and foreign and... unwelcome. She liked to cry, usually. It let all the pressure out of her mind and body and she usually felt refreshed and renewed afterwards. She just felt annoyed, now.

Not the most attentive, the molly was too caught up in mentally swearing at the raindrop to notice a nearby Clanmate, and let out a soft huff of surprise when he spoke and twisted around, reflexively readying herself to duck a swing or something, even though his voice was anything but hostile. A small, shy smile wormed itself onto her face as she recognized a denmate of hers, and the molly tipped her head to the side, briefly meeting his gaze with her lucid sapphire gaze before turning her head back to the tunnel. "Not really. Worth a shot, though. Maybe I'll find a new friend down there one of these times."

After a moment of mulling over possible scenarios of a random cat popping out of the tunnels to answer her calls, she spoke again with a playful flick of her tail, eyes still locked on the void of darkness. "Technically someone did answer my calls, they just came from the wrong direction." Perhaps it was an odd thing to say, and if he didn't understand that she was referring to him then she was going to look like a total weirdo, but he seemed like a relatively smart guy. She usually wasn't one to interact with cats and wasn't the greatest judge of character, but if someone approached her like Crowlight just did, she would make conversation. Not like, heavy emotional and sappy conversation because that was a total drag, but conversation.

If he hadn't come up and initiated the interaction she probably wouldn't have noticed him, lost in her own little world. Her eyes darted up to the sky, going briefly cross eyed to stare at a rogue raindrop that plopped onto the bridge of her nose, slowly and meaningfully wiping her nose dry, forehead wrinkling and shaking her head slightly. "I'm not sure if I'd rather get rained on or spend a few hours in the tunnels, so hopefully it doesn't rain too much, but the clouds aren't too dark so I think it'll just be a sprinkle." The dainty she-cat turned her head slightly to look at him, wondering if he felt the same amount of disdain for the tunnels that she did. She wouldn't be surprised if he didn't; she was quite claustrophobic but also the stereotypical feline when it came to water- she preferred to keep herself and water away from each other. So if it started pouring rain, she would be, in the most literal sense of the word, very screwed.

[ @Luck ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit