Thread: Sky Glade
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2023, 02:52 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: Sky Glade

Skyfall

The daintily built molly scrunched her nose in response to his mentioning of bugs, repulsed by the thought. She liked insects, stuff that could fly, harmless creatures that flitted around near flowers, and she didn't mind worms too much (although they were like snakes just less scary- looking, they looked like snakes that were inside-out) but bugs were the bane of the dreamer's existence, shivering slightly at the mere thought of them. Ants, beetles, spiders.

The blue-gray and white damsel shivered slightly at a chilly breeze, her petite build and shorter fur causing her to unfortunately be more easily chilled. She was already dreading the leaf-bare months, where she would be in and out of the medicine den with countless colds and coughs. Last leaf-bare she had come down with a nasty bout of greencough that had left her quarantined for a few weeks. A highly restless cat, she had nearly gone insane with boredom.

He seemed to regret the blunt words, luckily for him Skyfall didn't really take offense to it- she tended to come off blunt or even rude sometimes accidentally, so she'd be a hypocrite if she got worked up over it. Plus, he was correct, wasn't he? Nothing wrong with being right, nothing wrong at all.

Her face brightened slightly at his grin- ah, so he could smile, she had doubted his abilities for a moment there. Elegant tail brushed the ground as he agreed with her, understanding her taking a small chance with her odd wording, and not seeming to confuse her words with meaning something else. Her eyes followed his to the sky, nose twitching as she breathed in the fresh, wet scent of rainfall. "Me too. I've always liked the smell, it's so... clear and clean." And when she woke up for her morning sprint through the territory and it had rained overnight... the scent on the breeze made up for the muddy paws she had to suffer through constantly throughout the rainy season.

"That would be cool, using the tunnels to travel right underneath the other Clans without them knowing. Me and my brother used to play in the tunnels when we were kids, although it wasn't the smartest it was always fun to explore." Before the tunnels collapsed in on him and her daydreaming briefly turned into imagining the same thing happening to her, drowning in dirt, alone, in the darkness, without a sliver of hope. Thus, her era of intense claustrophobia had begun, one of the only marks her brother's death had left on her permanently. She wasn't traumatized, but... her imagination had spun a web of terror and something in her head would scream at her that she would meet the same fate as her littermate should she reenter the tunnels.

"It would be cool if cats lived in there. Maybe there's a whole underground Clan, the real BunnyClan. Imagine Dawnstar's reaction to that." She chuckled softly at the statement, recalling the ShadowClan leader's endless namecalling. The other Clans referred to WindClan as BunnyClan, but imagine if there really was a BunnyClan, existing somewhere underground. She would go insane if she was in their hypothetical place, and was glad she was born in one the much more real, above-ground Clans. It was unlikely, but fun to imagine.

Blinking her crystalline blue gaze at his apologetic tone, she shook her head slightly with a hopefully comforting smile, white tipped tail skimming the ground as she replied. "I don't mind talking about them, it's just thinking about going inside them that gives me the... the heebie jeebies. I much prefer to stay above ground. They're interesting to talk about though, it's not a problem at all." Just like she commended Dustbunny for being able to tunnel so well, and how she admired Mitepaw's bravery, but she knew that she could never do that. Staying on solid ground was more her forte.

"Have you ever been in the tunnels before?"

[ @Luck ]

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit