Old October 24th, 2023, 07:15 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: Blackwater Bog

*-Larkwing-*
She/her | 17 moons | Mind Reader - ACTIVE
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

Larkwing blinks her eyes open, assaulted by the pungent smell of sulfur and the stark cold of the air around her and… and the darkness. She knows at once that this place is not StarClan. This place is beyond the reach of the stars, the convergent point where every cat who had ever done an evil deed was sentenced to remain. And now, she too was here.

It’s… startling at first. Scary. She wan’t to run, but finds that her paws are rooted to the very spot she stands. And a cat she does not know the name of is addressing her. He is intimidating, and imposing and Larkwing feels as if she is not allowed to speak. But he addresses her, he calls her a ‘mistake’. A word she does not disagree with. However… what she doesn’t agree with is his statement that she apparently ‘believes’ she’s fit to lead the clan because, to put it frankly… she does not believe such a thing.

”You seem- you seem to be mistaken,” she manages to squeeze out, finding it oddly difficult to talk here, trying to suppress her fear at being here. She does not belong in the Dark Forest. ”I hold no misconceptions that I am the right fit for RiverClan’s leadership, and I agree that I may be a mistake on the path to returning my clan to full strength, but someone has to lead them.” Was this when she allowed for her stubbornness to win over? Where she dived head first into a headstrong opinion and stuck to it like a burr in her fur?

”I might not be what you want in the next leader for RiverClan, and there may be cats out there now who are far better suited in your eyes. But what if what RiverClan needs is not a cat you approve of? Will anyone ever meet your expectations?” Was she out of line? …maybe a little bit, but this was the stubborn ideal she had apparently decided to latch herself onto. This Dark Forest cat can think what he will of her, but this is the stand she’s going to take right now, and she will stick to it no matter this dead tom’s feelings, using her strong feelings for this stubbornness to force down her anxiety that she still doesn’t manage to quite hide, tail tip lashing behind her.

[ magpiewisp - @SkeleStar ]