silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: Haggard Ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolloween. View Post
| Larchflame |
( @spookywynds )

It hadn't taken the two very long to reach their destination, the camp, still crushed mess in a pit, yet the birds called overhead and she could already smell a mingle of a couple different prey scents, as if unbothered by the tragedy that had befell the clan cats in this very place. Or, she supposed, this was now their home, so they were just going about their business as normal. She flicked her tail to indicate to stop to her patrol mate, before turning to speak with him.

"I'll go left, you go right. We'll find more prey if we split up here than if we stay together." she was going the opposite direction around the sinkhole to when she had gone hunting with AlderFoxstep, she wanted to see what was over on this side, post-sink. "We'll meet back here about.. sun high? That should give us both enough time to catch a thing or two." As she begun to make her way to the left of the sink hole she called over her shoulder to her companion "Stir clear of the void, I'm not going down there to drag your sorry tail out."

And with that she disappeared into the foliage, her mouth open to check for scent trails.

yarrowcrest // he/him // 19 moons
purrks: mind reader [INACTIVE], flock together tier 1 [ACTIVE]

---

A bit bossy but he didn't mind the instruction. For what feels like the 100th time this morning, he nods to her in understanding and slowly begins creeping off toward the right. Ears are perked in high alert and his jaw hangs open as he scents for prey in the grasses around the silent pit, bright blue hues scanning the underbrush for any sign of movement. This time of year squirrels were getting nice and fat for the winter... Not many birds, as they were beginning to fly somewhere far away to escape the cold. When the scent of squirrel hits him, it has his fur standing on edge. First sign of prey. Not too far off. Scenting the wind, he turns his head in the direction of the small animal and begins to creep silently.

Hunkered amongst the grasses, he watches the fat squirrel nibble on it's acorn in an attempt to get to it's delicious center. He creeps forward, a paw clumsily stepping onto a fallen leaf that causes him to freeze... But even though the squirrel stares him dead in the eye, it doesn't move. So he takes the opportunity to pounce at it, catching it in between both paws and delivering a swift bite to end it's life.

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !