View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2023, 02:05 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: in the face of eternity || [p]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan-117 View Post
She notices how small his hands are, but she only smiles and does not mention it. With a pang of sadness she recalls that her mother would have called them 'musicians hands'. She smiles again, this time a little sadly. Then she leads him towards a tall, white-grey building that seems to be a little run-down and kind of intimidating. Aydan looks over her shoulder and smiles at him before she opens the door, only to stop in her tracks when she sees someone that looks a lot like her father. Her blue eyes darts away from him and looks up at Simon. She wants to hide, wonders where she can hide, when the warden smiles at her sweetly.

"Aydan, dear, this lad told me how he's related to you. He is your cousin, he says, and his father is willing to take you in!" The warden says happily - glad to be rid of her. "The paperwork has been dealt with."

But Aydan feels only fear. With another look at Simon, she shakes her head and tries to hide behind him, pressing herself against him - mostly on accident. "n-n-no, i ain't gonna g-go...." she whispers, her voice cracking. The 'cousin' only looks at her and smirks before hiding it. That only seems to scare her more.
Simon stares at the man and the warden, confused, frozen. From what he gathers, Aydan is being taken away. He feels her trying to hide behind him, pressing close - and he tightens his grip on her hand. He hopes it feels reassuring.

(I wanted to make this a little longer, but I'm super tired - my cat demanded food at like, 3 in the morning)

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art