View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2023, 10:14 PM
nothing's forever

Default Re: Windswept Plains

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post

The large chimera felt his lips tug upwards in the tiniest, unsure smile. What was that sound that the cat made? It sounded like a smile but... but he could hear it. Strange. He refrained from asking, because he could tell that whatever sound the tom had made was natural, and maybe Rain was just too pathetic to know what it was. "Actually, I've caught a beetle before, so," He said, surprising himself with the weakest of jokes. His first joke, wow! "How dare you underestimate my skills." His joke would probably be a lot funnier and more obvious if his voice wasn't so beaten down, but there was the smallest twinkle in his eyes that was hard to miss. Maybe he wasn't so far gone after all. Maaaybe.

He couldn't hide the ravenous growl in his stomach and his cheeks burned rosy as he realized that he couldn't possibly refuse, not when his stomach had already answered for him. "Deal." He said simply, head tilting downwards as he let out the quietest of sighs before blinking blearily at the older cat. "I mean, that works too. I-if you insist." It was right then that he realized that he couldn't possibly leave this interaction with his dignity and do-it-myself attitude fully intact, but that was a worthy sacrifice to have a full belly at long last.
foxstep
Oh, was that a joke? He missed those. Well, whatever made the kid happy. Probably not beetles to fill his stomach, though. Back to the point, then, of catching this little guy something to eat so both the burdens of existence and a good meal could weigh him down. Yay.

"Ya, I 'insist'," Foxstep pressed with a yawn, taking his gaze away from the young creature to survey the area around them. Maybe he'd go that way and find something to feed this guy. Decided, Foxstep looked back at Mr. Noname. "Not gonna run off or somethin', are you?" he asked, though he thought the answer was an obvious 'no.' What choice did this stranger have? Starvation? And could he consciously allow that decision to be made?

Nevertheless, Foxstep made sure to wait to hear the kid's reply. Consideration or something.

Or he could just not care and skip away and pretend this never happened like a heartless monster with no guiding morals and laugh whenever he thought about the child he left to starve and die and then burn in hell or whatever lay awaiting his own death.

Fun times.
[ hello excuse me rain why don't you know what a laugh is ]