View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2023, 01:30 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: is your blood authentic? can you prove it? [ p ]

@wolfie

Oh great, so this cat was probably a cult converter. Oleander still felt like he needed to heal him, but he didn't intend to stick around afterwards.
"I've seen stuff that could be explained by religions, but I'm not seeking one to pledge myself to." he replied, trying to sound casual but betraying a hint of stony interior. He knew about leaders and their nine lives. He'd heard of cats with supernatural skills. But he no longer felt like he needed to worship anything. Old gods from beyond our world may come to him, and he'd help them out all the same like any other person who met him.

"It's a flower bush with pink, odd-shaped petals. Most flowers have variations, but oleander seems to be one of a kind, at least in this area. It stuck out in my mind, and I chose it. Don't touch actual oleander, though. It's poisonous, I learned that the hard way." he added. The flower was beautiful, and both its beauty and its poison perhaps didn't suit him, but he carried the name nonetheless. Thankfully, he no longer carried the poison rash on his paws.

He didn't fully believe that the stranger's name was Nick, no, but he wasn't about to point it out. After all, you could say Oleander wasn't his name either, if you considered the true name the one given to you by your parents. The fluffy tom just nodded.

"Oh, right, I forgot to explain! Marigold is this yellow flower, it's poultice can prevent infection. But there's none here, so I went with burdock root. It's more for healing rat bites, but it can help with burns or any kind of sores, including paw pads. It's not poison, I'll prove it." The tabbico bent down and bit of a small chunk of the root chewing it up and spreading it on his own paw.

"It can make your tongue feel a bit numb but it'll also cool off the sores and numb the pain."

Last edited by Shade.; November 13th, 2023 at 06:57 AM.