View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2023, 05:10 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: away from prying eyes [p]

"Things before WindClan.. are a misty haze." Fellcone furrowed his brow, contemplating. "I have fragments, and they are so close.. to being whole, sometimes. But I never get there." He remembered some things, dark fur and a fiery gaze. Lighter fur and running water, blood gushing from an open wound. Nothing concrete, just snippets.

He knew there was a lot he could not understand, maybe he would never. But he liked these moments away from the chaos - the constant reminders of Failures where things could be Great. "Depends on what you want, Frozentoes. I thought you would like it.." Of course, if Frozentoes decided No-Fellcones allowed, he would respect that and find a new hidey-hole. He hoped that was not the case. "... so did ShadowClan."

The word felt weird, but real. Something he had not said in so long, something that would have never occurred to him if not for seasons of inklings, bits and pieces. The revelation is exhausting and rejuvenating at all once.

"... No. This is a small part, of my efforts. WindClan cannot know of this, what I have been doing.. but if things work, it will push them toward being a Clan again. They lack.. a spine, they lack drive. Passion." Absently, he licked his muzzle. His heart was screaming in his ears. "Everything I have done, is to make them stronger. Wiser. Bolder. ThunderClan -- they did not start killing until I drew first blood. I killed a lone warrior at their border to encourage tensions, and that is why it boiled over."

Maybe Frozen did not know all the details, maybe he did. Did not matter. "Same.. with Mousepaw, I needed to make sure this would work.. that.. Twilightstar would bite back, because WindClan has done nothing to stand for themselves. They will not unless there is no other choice." So he staged the murder, painted ThunderClan as the killers, mutilated himself. "And .. do not let Cowtuft touch you with herbs, nor that pesky apprentice of his. I laced them with poison while they were out of the den."

Mostly, it was an experiment to see what WindClan would do. If they would discover the truth, if they would go on thinking it was some weird cold. "Right now, they think it is some sort of sickness. But it is not what they think. Avoid their herbs. I do not wish for you to fall victim."

[ @Fawn ]