⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

Default Re: WindClan Check-Ups! [ Event ]

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 28 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Lillith @Poprock @Moonraven @Alchemist Kitsune

Cowtuft looked at his apprentice, eyebrows furrowing deeply in sorrow. She was just as confused as he was. He tried not to think about it too much. Tried not to think about the lost of two young lives, the children. "Not your fault, " He signed in response, giving a small nod of acknowledgment.

The medicine cat flinched backwards as someone burst through the den. No longer able to elaborate, to offer more words to Lightningstorm. The cry of anguish and, Fallownose. He sucked in a sharp inhale of guilt. He squeezed his eyes shut when the tom whipped to looks to him. All he was able to was hang his head quietly in somber regret, holding onto the scruff of the kit. He wanted answers Cowtuft could not give, could not know. He was still reeling at what had happened himself but they looked to him for answers. Hungrily, starved for them.

He reached his paws up to gently tap on his wrist twice. "Time, " He pleaded with the deputy before shuffling quickly away. Out of that bloodied den, desperate to get Foxkit somewhere safe, keep his clanmates safe. He makes a quick limping sprint towards his den to set down her down in a nest. She didn't smell sick. It didn't make sense. He's seen death and it was not like this but what else could it be? Was the stars punishing them? For what?

Cowtuft rushed back, Berryfrost still remained in place. Not safe. Too many cats around, risk at getting sick. (Sick from what?) He jerked back, someone stepping forward, closer, and closer to him. He took a step back, blinking and blinking as his vision wavered in and out of focus.

Peachfrost spoke to him, but it was not Peachfrost. The gentle giant became very still as she spoke lowly to him, voice dripping with malice. He knew this was her voice. She was always very kind to him, especially when he had made the very big mistake. They had something in common — Peachfrost loved WindClan and Cowtuft loved WindClan. This is why he could not believe this was her because she was saying awfully, awfully mean things. It was grief, and pain, and he wouldn't remember her like this. it would be too painful to.

He hadn't even known the stars had spoken to her. They never talked. He doesn't understand what she is talking about. He tries to make a defense, but his legs are still and his paws stay firmly stuck to the ground and he cannot move. His body will not listen to him, will not follow his command. He does raise his gaze, meeting her and seeing the fire that burned brightly as if she truly would swallow him whole. Cowtuft wishes she would. He always admired the molly, surely if she believed this it was the truth.

Peachfrost turns away from him and he starts to breathe a bit easier, looking up and around at everyone around him. He looked for Berryfrost. He needed to go and get Stickpaw. His expression crumbles, floppy ears pressing against his skull. She spoke of the stars sending a message and he doesn't understand. Did they know this was going to happen? And these things, they encouraged, why? It couldn't be true, he knew it could not be true because - - "I would never harm WindClan, " Cowtuft gestures, and it begins to spill like a waterfall. He might be a parasite, fundamentally wrong, but he would never harm WindClan.

"I would .. not.. ever.. You ,, are hurt. I, understand that, Peachfrost, but I would never harm WindClan. I don't.. understand what you mean, but everything, I have.. ever done.. has been for our Clan. And, I, don't.." He stumbles back, "know how to prove that.. to you.. You can, watch me, you can check my herbs, .. you can - examine, them. I never, meant .. to hide .." He begins to cease to stop signing as others jump to his defense, much more eager to speak. He wishes he could express gratitude, but some part of Cowtuft wants to defend her against them. She had always been someone who looks out for him. Who he looked up to.

He isn't sure how to address the partial truth. Someone yelps at him, it's all loud. His ears perked up. Poison? No, he shakes his head back and forth. Lightningstorm would never do such a thing and neither would he. He thinks back to the deathberries in his storage, hidden safely and away. Never to be used unless it would be cruel to keep someone alive.

,, he can't remember if they're rotten by now.

Twilightstar's voice interrupts and he fixates on her. She was something grounding, and her speaking directly to him is enough to tussle him out a bit more of his thoughts. He still feels numb (he always feels numb) but she gives him instructions and it is all Cowtuft focuses on.

Find the answer. He didn't bloody know the damned answer but he had no choice. Demotion and exile was worse than death. Who was he without his clan? His role? He never knew. He nods his head and is already beginning to swiftly move forward, to begin to listen. He weakly drags his paws to Berryfrost and starts to lift her onto his back, pain shooting up his leg but it's only a short distance and he makes due. Cowtuft carries her into his den and disappears, ruminating in his despair to make sense of it.

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- easing back into roleplay / dealing with finals --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; December 1st, 2023 at 12:22 AM.