View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2023, 10:19 PM

Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: The Wolf . . . [Wolfshadow Finder]

D R I Z Z L E N I G H T

A black, blue-eyed tom with a white underbelly and white flecks in his fur. 31 moons old.

Credit

Position requested: 1st gen litter

While his father is a good cat on the inside who rumors say is bad, Drizzlenight isn't the best cat on the inside, but a lot of cats think he is on the outside. He does want to be a good guy- the problem is, being good is harder than it seems.

Drizzlenight is often lauded for his bravery, intelligence, battle/hunting skill, and devotion to Clan. Like his father, he can often be found helping out in the Clan. Patrolling, training apprentices, and ensuring the prey pile is stocked are just a few of the things Drizzlenight can often be found doing. It's the way he does these things, and the things that happen in between, that are the problem.

Drizzlenight is a violent guy, and he enjoys that part of him. At the same time, though, he hates that he enjoys that part of him. He likes definitively winning against his opponents, even if he has to fight brutally to get there. He itches for fights; it's all he can do to resist the temptation to swing at any enemy he sees. He has supreme confidence in his fighting ability, which can land him in hot water at times.

Drizzlenight sees no problem with killing cats who aren't ThunderClan if they pose even the slightest risk to him or his Clan. He has a better attitude towards his Clanmates, but he won't hesitate to give someone the what-for if they threaten him, his family, or someone vulnerable.

He doesn't care about the other Clans at all; in his mind, they just take up valuable territory and resources that could be used for ThunderClan's well-being. He will always antagonize the other Clans when given a chance, but is also smart enough to know when to keep his mouth shut. Drizzlenight thinks most parts of the warrior code are stupid, instead choosing to live by rules that prioritize his Clan's survival above all else.

The idea of living a noble life intrigues him, and there are times when he genuinely tries to live by a better moral code. He does care a lot for his family, friends, and Clanmates, but his own dark thoughts and violent tendencies often cause him to isolate himself. If he didn't have his Clan and his family, he'd be a lot worse than he is. Many around him aren't aware of the depth of his internal darkness, instead seeing a cat who valiantly defends his Clan and wants the best for them, even if he has an aggressive way of showing it.

Like Wolfshadow, Drizzlenight can have a temper. He takes this temper out on non-ThunderClan cats and predators, but makes an active effort to control it around his own Clanmates. He admires his father's reputation, and hopes that one day the other Clans will fear him in the same way. Drizzlenight wants his father's approval, but is unsure whether he deserves it. He quietly wants kits of his own, but actively chooses not to because he doesn't think he'd be a good influence on them.

Credit

PLOT IDEAS

So this would need Frosty's approval at the very least, but here's an idea I have brewing: Drizzlenight, bothered by his father's recent distance and wanting some sort of approval from him, manages to convince him to go hunting. Drizzlenight uses the excuse of needing to take every opportunity to feed the Clan possible during the colder moons, or something along those lines. If he needs to form a whole patrol out of it to get his father to agree, he will. Anything to try to spend some time with a dad who he thinks is disappointed in him.

I'd like to set this after the upcoming rebellion in RiverClan, if that's still happening. Either way, there's a cat who's intensely unhappy with Lark's leadership. This cat, for whatever reason their roleplayer decides, thinks that Lark will be the downfall of RiverClan. Either they're angry that the rebellion failed, or they think one should take place (if the rebellion has fizzled/doesn't end up happening). They decide to try to antagonize ThunderClan, hoping that a loss against TC would rally the Clan against Lark.

Drizzle, Wolf, and whoever else may be with them wind up near the RiverClan border. While there, they spot this cat messing around near a stream that flows into TC's territory. Upon approaching, they see that the cat is attempting to poison the stream. Upon confronting and threatening this cat, the RC cat "caves" and says that Lark ordered them to poison this stream, which would hopefully taint TC's water supply. Drizzle attacks the cat and beats them badly; whether they die or not is up to that RPer.

After this, Drizzle and Wolf would return to TC's camp and tell Bumble that RC is trying to poison their water supply.

--

I also have a smaller plot idea that involves Drizzle doing some sort of drastic act to try to get his father's attention. I'm not sure what exactly yet, but I'm leaning towards either trying to bring down a large hawk by himself or trying to fight a medium dog on his own. Either way, he is injured pretty badly and is only just saved in the nick of time by a couple of other cats. Perhaps this could lead to a heated confrontation between Drizzle and Wolf over Wolf's lack of attention to his family since Robincrest and Goldenberry went away.

I'll definitely come up with more plot ideas down the line, since I'm pretty much always coming up with something

( @Doom I think I can call this done! )

Last edited by occultation; December 10th, 2023 at 05:26 PM.