View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2023, 12:45 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: The Ground Floor Apartment [Invite]

Nathaniel
Kittypet Healer | He/him | 38 Moons | Dreamwalker

It was the first snow of the season when the little family grew, and recovering from the chaos the newly made Dad watched the flakes fall with a sense of awe. He'd assisted in births before sure, but it felt somehow so different when it was your own children.

The healer had not planned for the kittens to be born here, some wildcat instinct still urging him to squirrel Rhiannon away in his healing den, however plan had changed when his housefolk had started preventing the molly from leaving the house. They hadnt been unaware of the change in their lynx point it seems, and though it drove the cats mad soon enough escaping wasnt an option, forcing Nathaniel to gather his herbs and deal with things here. They'd hidden away in a closet though, not willing to fight the well meaning twolegs or not those clunky creatures were not involving themselves until the kittens were stronger.

Thing had gone well, if stressfully, and now all was quiet but for the soft mewling of four new kittens cuddled to their mother.

Kittens. The thought still poleaxed him at random and the tom gazed out at the snow with wide green eyes blown away by how much had changed in the span of an instant. Everything was bright now, everything in the world was new and amazing because this was now the world his kittens were born into and it was wonderful. Even the snow, which he'd seen so many times before way new and awe inspiring.

Tearing himself away the tom jumped down from the window and slipped into the dark warm closet where Rhiannon and the kittens rested, leaning down to gently sniff at them all, checking on them. With a still slightly stunned expression the toms head rose and he hesitantly spoke "I suppose we finally need to talk names now? No more bickering over the topic...."

Rhiannon
Kittypet Mother | She/Her

For her part the exhausted mother merely rolled her eyes and purred, licking a stripe up Nathaniels cheek. Her fool husband was adorable and weird in equal measure with the kits here, fussing over them during the birth like they were as fragile as the snowflakes outside but having been the one to go through with birthing them she was less awe inspired.

Still instantly in love with the bundles though.

Looking down at the four kittens at her belly the queen gently used a tail to scoop them closer, leaning down to rasp a tongue over each of their little heads as he side rumbled before settling back with an assessing eye. "Im naming two of them and Ill hear no objections." It was an order thank you and the whipped tom would not be saying a word to it (not that he would) given all Rhiannon went through to get these kits here.

First the molly gestured to a little snow white kitten, nuzzling her as she idly wondered what her eye color would be once they opened and settled out of their kitten blue. "She @Estelle is Snowdrop. It's perfect for her and her pelt, and its my favorite flower besides."

Rhiannon then turned the two russet kittens in their little litter (all girls, go figure. Nathaniel's life would be ruled by mollies for the forseeable future and Rhiannon doubted he'd complain) and hummed, considering. "I wanted to name a kitten Ginger given how we'd found out I was pregnant."

A funny story to be honest, Rhiannon had gone on a walk with a kittypet friend, Rosa, intent on introducing her to Nathaniel only to puke horribly after sniffing a ginger peel left by Rosas owners. Rhiannon had found it hilarious, especially given how Rosa was dead confused with Nathaniels cheer at the event and the word had stuck since, even after Rhiannon broke that friendship after discovering the type of cat Rosa was (abandoning her own kitten! How disgusting).

But as for the current issue..... "However I cannot decide which to name Ginger. Theyre both the right color and Ive no worries about favoring the kitten I name more....." So it was really a matter of who. Gazing between the two, Rhiannon decided to be boring and chose the more ginger one. "Her @The Doctor this one is Ginger."

With a happy huff the Mother sat back, releasing Nathaniel to his duty of naming the remaining kittens. It was only fair after all.

His choices earned a soft smile as Rhiannon did not comment on the toms weepy eyes as he declared "She, @birdie is Rowan, after a true friend who's kindness was without compare and who I hope she'll take after in mannerisms.
And our one little grey molly @endlesshax will be Fog. It fits her coat and is in memory of a Brother who never got a chance to truely live. Maybe he'll even watch over you from above little one....."

The tom trailed off, burying a tear in the kittens soft baby coat as he purred curling around the group to lovingly watch his newly named daughters simply exist.

Last edited by Rani; December 21st, 2023 at 12:59 AM.