Thread: Twilight Falls
View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2023, 09:26 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: Twilight Falls

( @elaif )

(Skipping Spartan since they've been bumped with no response)

All of a sudden, Stempaw showed up out of nowhere. The 'paw startled Creekchill a bit, causing him to jump. It wasn't often that apprentices were bold enough to leave the camp on their own this early into their training, especially when it was for something as dull as a patrol.

Curiosity lit Creekchill's gaze, but the question on the tip of his tongue would have to wait. Almost as soon as he arrived, Stempaw was dashing ahead into the cave. An excited purr rumbled out of Creekchill. His apprentice had as much zest for life as he- perfect.

Without wasting any time, he bounded off into the cave after his apprentice.

The first thing that struck him was that this place was dark. Very dark. The shift from bright outdoor light to pitch black was jarring, and took a moment to get used to. The very small part of him that was actually somewhat responsible thought that perhaps he should call out to Stempaw, tell him to keep close.

But, the majority part of him didn't want an apprentice clinging to his side and slowing down his mushroom-picking. Plus, Stempaw had turned this into a competition, hadn't he? It wouldn't be fair for them to be so close together if they were supposed to be competing.

Once his eyes had adjusted to the darkness, they swept along the cave looking for mushrooms. This cave seemed more stable than a lot of the tunnels that ran beneath WindClan's territory, which was a relief.

Upon finding some 'shrooms, he reached to grab them with a paw. Was that the right way to collect mushrooms? He wasn't sure, but he was about to find out.

Claws hooked into the cap of one of the mushrooms. He pulled back with a paw, only for the top to separate from the stem. Hmm, that probably wasn't good. He was no medicine cat, but as far as he knew herbs should be intact.

Okay, so perhaps he should bite the mushroom at the base to acquire it? Leaning down, he nipped at the bottom of another mushroom. It came off intact, eliciting a satisfied grunt from the warrior.

Now that he knew how it was to be done, collecting the rest were simple. Once he had three mushrooms in his jaws, he turned and went to find Stempaw. I bet he hasn't finished yet. Heh, I can just imagine the look on his face when he sees I'm done and he's not!
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.