View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2023, 06:26 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Mistypaw

image credit to @/aspen.

riverclan apprentice | 35 moons | mind reader: perm active

Mistypaw gave a quick nod, looking up at the sky. Thank you StarClan. Thank you Stormtalon, and Fawnlight, and Hazelstorm. Thanks Blizzardwind, and everyone else. Tears were threatening to break through as she thought of StarClan. Taking a deep breath, she went to bury the prey somewhat close to where Ripplepelt had buried hers. She used her front paw to loosen up the dirt, then carefully place the vole in it. After covering it with dirt again, she sniffed the air. Hm.. the scent of a squirrel was protruding, but she could also smell some mouse in the background. It was probably a better idea to go for the mouse first, as that was a much easier catch.

She quietly started going in the direction of the mouse, dropping into a crouch as she got closer to the prey. Misty held her breath as she saw the mouse scurrying around, moving closer to it, but then.. crunch. Ughh, a leaf! The mouse hurried away. She briefly tried chasing after it but soon realized it didn't bring much. It was time to go for the squirrel then, she guessed. I can do this! she thought with determination in her eye.

Her nose close to the ground, she followed the scentof the squirrel. Alright, it was there, digging a whole in the ground, presumably to bury an acorn. Mistypaw dropped into a crouch, being careful not to step on any leaves now. Okay, get closer to it, and then.. leap! Her claws unsheathed as she dropped down on the squirrel, which wiggled for a moment, but then she moved her head down and gave it a quick killing bite. A smile spread on her maw as she realized she'd just killed a squirrel, that was pretty good! She gave a brief thanks to StarClan, not allowing herself to get all emotional this time, and padded back to Ripplepelt.

"First I tried to catch a mouse, but I stepped on a leaf and it ran away because of the noise," she reported. "But then I managed to catch a squirrel." The tabby molly went to dig up the vole, then looked at the warrior. "Thank you for teaching me, Ripplepelt," she meowed. "I suppose we're done here and heading back to camp?"

@lesbianism

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den