View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2024, 02:14 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Starry Meadow

Bravebird
She/her | 41 moons | Beefed Up T3 • One with the Warren
Looking amongst the bright stars that shone down from the sky, Bravebird couldn't help but wonder which one of them was Dragonflyflare. It pained her that yet another WindClan warrior would have to watch their beloved Clan from the stars and eventually she shut her eyes and turned away. Too many bodies had been buried. Too many.

Feeling eyes on her the lilac lynx-point eventually lifted her head to see Hawkfur watching her. There was a sadness in his eyes, but as Bravebird studied it she realized it didn't seem like it was over the dead warrior they were burying. Twitching an ear, she simply ducked her head without saying anything and started to paw at the dirt to continue covering the fallen. "Careful with your paws. Keep your claws in, don't snag them in the dirt." It was methodic, the way she spoke to Hawkfur, as if instructing him like he was an apprentice. A mask attempting to conceal the way her heart was breaking at burying a Clanmate. She sniffed once, grunting to cover it up.

Soon enough the body before them was covered back up by the earth, and Bravebird's paws came to a halt. She stayed still, as if frozen in staring at the final resting place of Dragonflyflare. Then slowly, as the misty fog crept up between their paws and the chill of the night wind ruffled her fur, she leaned against Hawkfur. Everything was starting to blur together the longer she focused on her rage for ThunderClan (and not being able to do anything about it), leaving her dizzy like the ground was shifting underneath her paws. "I'm so... tired of not being able to do anything to prevent this," she hissed quietly, ears flattening against her head as she stared ahead in frustration.

"...I thought for sure I would at least be able to avenge it..." Disappointment hung heavy from each word she spoke, the defeated feeling from earlier circling back around and flooding her chest. She gave a shake of her head and looked up towards the sky once more, brows furrowed together and her eyes more thoughtful. "Why is StarClan allowing this...?"

[ @Micanomancy ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |