View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2024, 02:00 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat Apprentice Applications

· Do you proceed to open file? ·
Yes · No

INTRODUCTION
Hello and welcome to Palepaw’s medicine cat apprentice application! Before I get started, I wanted to say thank you for this opportunity regardless if Pale gets chosen or not and good luck to everyone else
Note: All pixels credit goes to King-Lulu-Deer and Nerdy-pixel-girl on deviantart

PART I - INTERVIEW

Are you active? – Yes, I log on everyday and try to get roleplays as quickly as possible, especially time sensitive ones. Ever since my hiatus I have been more cautious with how many characters I make and am planning to stay very active on WCO in the future.

Is Palepaw active, and why would she fit this position? – Although not created for the role, Palepaw is my main OC on here since my return. I have been trying to get her out into ShadowClan, and she’s been going on patrols, hosting events, collecting herbs, and doing a lot of training. Pale is a very responsible cat who aspires to be loyal and strong for ShadowClan. She enjoys helping anywhere she can, and would love the world of healing. She is generally a very attentive, determined cat who will never back down on the chance to do something for her clan. Looking for herbs is quite enjoyable for her, and she has an eye for them. She often finds herself picking up small details that others may not, meaning she is able to find out if someone is feeling unwell pretty quickly. Her eye for small details and her passion are both very good factors in healing a cat, and she would never just give up. She’d put a lot of compassion into her training and has no problem with speaking to others. Making others feel at ease and soothed is not a big problem for her as she’s generally a very social, and she really cares about her clanmates. This does not mean she is weak of course. She’d put all her heart into protecting her clan if something does happen.

Why do I fit the role? – Well, while I can’t say I deserve it more than some of the other amazing roleplayers on the site, I’ve been giving a lot of passion to WCO recently. Especially to Palepaw. I love being active with other roleplayers, and the role of a medicine cat apprentice has always been appealing to me. I myself also love learning about new things, such as ways to heal, and would love this opportunity. I would really give my all to this role, and I love ShadowClan and am pretty attached to Palepaw. So I’m not planning to go inactive with her anytime soon. I’d really give my all to this role.

PART II - PALEPAW IC

So.. medicine cat apprentice. The fact that she’d ever get a chance at this had not occurred to her before. She respected the medicine cats and their work. Honestly, her dream had always been to become one, but she had pushed that aside because it couldn’t actually be real. With a small dip of her head she positioned herself in front of Lostspark, showing a tiny smile. “Hi! I’m Palepaw.. You probably already know that. So, medicine cat apprentice. I’ve never thought of this as a possible opportunity before, but if I’m going to be honest, it was always my dream. While I aspire to be a strong member of ShadowClan, and want to be good in battle as well, I respect medicine cats a lot. Their work is so detailed and attentive.. I think I would really fit that role.”

“I pay attention to even the smallest details, along with picking up on new information quickly. With my mentor, Batflight, I’ve done a lot of training considering I have only been an apprentice for one moon. Now, you might wonder why I think I deserve this role. Of course, there’s so many other ShadowClan apprentices that would want this just as much as me – what makes me stand out? Maybe everyone is going to say something similar, but I guess it’s worth a shot.”

“In such a short time period of being an apprentice, I think I have done a lot for ShadowClan. I’ve been on two patrols already – one assigned by you, and if I recall correctly, there weren’t many reporting in on time – I’ve done stealth, hunting, swimming, and I’m working on the battle.. I believe I really have an eye for herbs. An example of this would be when I went with Bitterbane to look for moss. She didn’t seem so thoughtful about our search, so I decided to think outside of the box, and we ended up finding plenty of moss. I don’t know if this helps with the decision or anything, but I thought I’d point it out.”

“I’m really passionate, and I try to help out wherever I can. I have no problem talking to perhaps an insecure kit, or a hurt warrior, and I can soothe them while also concentrating on healing them. I’m active, try to do whatever I can, always give my all when I do something.. So yeah, I really hope you consider me when making this decision. Sorry if that was a lot of rambling, but I thought I’d get as much information out as possible! Thank you for your time, Lostspark. I hope.. We can see each other again soon, maybe with me as your little helper.”
With a twitch of her whiskers and another respectful dip of her head, the calico she-cat exited the medicine cat’s den.

Here are two roleplay examples of Palepaw as a MCA. The first one is with her knowing herbs, and in the second once she only knows the basics (cobwebs, etc.) and is trying her best to be helpful in some way.
Name of (NPC) character – Jaggedfrost
Overview of Injury – A torn claw, a big cut over his back and a torn ear.

Palepaw’s bright blue eyes widened as she saw a tomcat limp into the medicine cats den. The small molly rushed to her paws. Seeing the blood, she quickly grabbed some cobwebs and made her way over to the warrior. “Lostspark?” she called into the clearing, but soon came to the conclusion that the medicine cat was out in the territory or something. Sighing, she moved over to the warrior and surveyed his body. Oh no, this wasn’t good.. so much blood and a yucky smell that wasn’t from a cat..

“Jaggedfrost? What happened?” After he gave her a little explanation and told her he’d been attacked by a badger, she began applying the cobwebs to his cut. He winced as she did her work, but Palepaw made sure to keep going. There was a lot of blood, she couldn’t let him bleed out... After the main cut was covered in cobwebs she looked at his other injuries, sighing as the torn ear came into sight. That looked painful. “It will be alright, I’ll get that fixed!” she mewed with determination in her voice.

Of course the calico molly was so lucky that exactly in the moment someone needed healing, Lostspark was out in the territory.. Okay, well, this was her job now, and she could prove that she deserved it. She knew most herbs, so this shouldn’t be too hard. Palepaw wrapped some more cobwebs around the torn ear and claw before heading to the herb storage, aquamarine orbs scanning for the correct ones. Burdock root, cures infections.. Comfrey, soothes wounds.. Poppy seeds, ease pain.. The shecat quickly grabbed the three herbs, returning to Jaggedfrost and taking a deep breath. She needed to think straight, heal this cat..

First, she directed her attention towards the big cut. Carefully Palepaw lifted the cobwebs and applied some burdock, along with comfrey she had previously chewed into a poultice. After that was out of the way, she took a step back and pushed the poppy seeds towards Jaggedfrost. “Eat that, it will help with the pain and stress,” she mewed with a quick nod to the warrior. Then, she continued her job by slightly lifting the two other cobwebs from the wounds, also applying comfrey poultice and burdock. Yeah.. that should be fine. Offering the warrior a reassuring smile, she surveyed his body. He was already half asleep, and it looked like the herbs she’d applied were doing their jobs. Hopefully Lostspark would be satisfied with her work when she came back!

Palepaw gasped a little as she saw a warrior limp into the medicine cats den. He was bleeding a lot and seemed pretty taken aback. She quickly grabbed some cobwebs and then made her way over to him, surveying his injuries. A torn claw, ear, and a big cut.. and she had no idea what to do! “Uh.. it’s gonna be fine! I’ll fix this.. promise..” she mewed, wrapping the cobwebs around his torn ear. However, as she was doing that, she noticed the cut was bleeding way too much for it too be good. She should probably get to that first. With a determined nod she began wrapping the cobwebs around it, not stopping when the blood splattered across her paws.

She took a deep breath, calming herself down a bit and finishing with wrapping the big cut. The blood had stopped flowing so rapidly, instead soaking the cobwebs. Palepaw was glad that cobwebs were common knowledge, because otherwise Jaggedfrost would be bleeding to death right now. The calico continued carefully wrapping the cobwebs, this time around the torn claw and ear. Then she stepped back, heaving a little sigh. “I’m sorry, I can’t do much more. I tried my best, just get some rest now and tell me if you need anything alright? I can get you prey, water, whatever. Lostspark will know more when she’s back but this should stop the bleeding for now.”

While she wasn’t completely happy with her work and her ability to help this warrior, she knew she did everything in her power and now all she could do was wait for her mentor to come back and take care of this.

Palepaw’s head tilted and her eyes widened in shock as a young apprentice entered the medicine cat’s den, carried by a giant warrior. She hurried over, brows furrowing at the extent of the wounds. Oh no.. there was a giant bite, the right front leg looked displace and the tail broken.. “Oh my gosh. I’ll get some herbs real quick before asking what happened,” she mewed with a nod to the warrior. The apprentice, who she recognized as Bluepaw (NPC character), appeared to be unconcious. She headed into the herb storage, her aquamarine orbs hastily scanning the assortion of plants. Borage leaves for the bite.. some cobwebs for the blood.. some poppy seeds incase Bluepaw did end up awakening.. That was all, as far as she knew. Hastily she made her way back to the hurt apprentice, gently prodding her leg with her paw. “Oh, that’s definitely displaced.” Her gaze turned to the warrior, Kestrelstorm (NPC character), and she shoved the poppy seeds toward him. “Can you stay with Bluepaw, and if she wakes up, offer her these? It might be painful for her.”

She first started with applying the burdock root, carefully spreading it across the bite. Then, she grabbed the cobwebs that were wrapped up on a stick and wrapped one around Bluepaw’s body. Okay, it was stopping the bleeding, and the burdock should prevent infection.. Palepaw cautiously licked the apprentices body, cleaning it from any blood and making sure there were no hiden wounds. It was working well so far. She turned her attention to the leg, grabbing it with both her front paws, and.. crack. The calico winced slightly as the bone snapped back into place. It appeared that the impact had woken Bluepaw up, who was now yowling in pain. “Bluepaw.. it’s gonna be okay! Kestrelstorm will give you poppy seeds and I’ll heal you. Everything will be alright, trust me!” She watched the warrior feed Bluepaw the poppy seeds, making sure the effect had lessened the pain before she got back to work.

Oh no, the tail was completely broken.. “I’ll be right back, getting some comfrey. This may be very painful.. Bluepaw, please stay still or it will be worse, okay?” With a quick nod to the apprentice she padded into the herb storage, retrieving some comfrey and chewing it into a poultice. Then she began to apply it to the tail, heaving a little sigh before she got to work. While it wasn’t enjoyable to do this, she knew she needed to in order to help her clanmates, and knowing it would heal Bluepaw she’d gladly do it again. As long as her clan was healthy and she was being helpful.. She carefully took the tail into her paws, staring at Bluepaw to see her reaction. As the apprentice flinched, she instead looked at Kestrelwing. “Give her another poppy seed to sedate her completely, or this will be too much of a struggle.”

Time to get to work. Once the sedation of the seeds had set in the began putting the broken bones back in place. They each made a cracking noise, and Bluepaw, even in her unconcious state, instinctively flinched. Okay, it was going fine so far.. once that was done, she grabbed some grass to wrap it around the tail, making sure to keep the broken, weak bones in place. “This should be fine.. I’ll stay with her until she wakes up, it will take at least 3 moons to recover. Um, Kestrelwing, you can leave if you’d like. Bluepaw just needs rest and will be spending some time in the medicine cat’s den. When Lostspark returns, I’m sure she’ll be able to assess the situation as well. Thank you for your help,” she mewed with a tiny smile to the warrior. Then, she curled up and rested her head on her paws, making sure to keep her blue gaze focused on Bluepaw.

When the apprentice awakened, Palepaw gently grinned at her. She was trying to make her feel better and more comfortable. “Hey, you’re awake. So basically, your bite shouldn’t get infected, I put the displaced leg back in its right place, the tail is broken but the bones should be in the right place now. This will all take a while to heal, and it might be some time before you can put pressure on your leg. If there’s some kind of swelling tell me or Lostspark immediately, and you’ll have to spend some time in the medicine cat’s den,” she explained. “How do you feel?”

“Oh, uh, better.. I think I.. should be fine. Yeah, it doesn’t that much anymore..” However, as Bluepaw shifted and there was a cracking noise in her tail, Palepaw could practically feel the pain. “Don’t move your tail, Bluepaw.. wait, I’m gonna have to check if something broke again.” She rushed into the herb storage and grabbed some poppy seeds, giving one to the apprentice. “For now I’m just checking, so it shouldn’t be too painful. Don’t move, please, it will make things worse.” Eyes squinted in determination, she moved some of the grass aside and began prodding the tail with her paw. Uh-oh, one of the bones had been moved back into its broken state.

“This will be quick, Bluepaw! Be prepared for a little pain.” CRACK. With that the bone had shifted back into its place and Palepaw covered it with grass again. Hm.. this wouldn’t work. She hurried back into the herb storage, looking for one thing.. yep, there it was! One of the sticks that had formerly held cobwebs. She grabbed it and made her way back to the injured apprentice, surveying her tail with a frown. “I’m gonna put the stick here to sorta hold up the tail, so that it doesn’t break again. Not sure if this is right but Lostspark will know when she’s back!” She gave Bluepaw an encouraging smile and pushed the grass aside.

Then, she softly lifted the tail and placed the stick under it, wrapping grass around it to keep it in place. “You’re good now! Just rest, don’t move too much, and it should heal. Let me or Lostspark know if you need something.”

[the lights fade out, looks like the scene is over]

Some recent roleplay examples: [x][x][x]

PART III - CONTRIBUTION / ACTIVITY
Looking for moss at shadow’s breakhttps://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...20#post1526032
(This shows kind of her critical thinking and attentive mind)
Hunting Patrolhttps://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...74#post1526374
Herb Patrolhttps://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...40#post1531340
Event Participationhttps://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...33#post1526033
Event Hostinghttps://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=77106

PART IV – KEY TRAITS
Activity – I’m very active on WCO at the moment, especially with Palepaw! Just a quick search through her post history can show how many posts I’ve done with her in such a short time.
Interest – I have always been interested in the role of a medicine cat, because it seems so fun to be learning about herbs both IC and OOC. Reading healing and medicine cat’s den posts has always made me wish I would write those sometime! Palepaw is my main character and very dear to me so she’ll definitely be active around the clan. I find her fun to write and am not losing motivation for her or this role anytime soon if I end up getting chosen.
Reliability – Pale is an extremely helpful, reliable character. She’d never purposefully step a paw out of line to annoy others and always does her best to help. If something is necessary she’ll do it no matter if guided or not, she’s not one of those crazy characters and just wants her clanmates to do well and be healthy.
Communication – I’m always very willing to communicate! I love chatting with others about plots and ideas, and will never do something irresponsible just out of the blue. If something ever happens I’ll contact you and staff and I will definitely be sharing anything important that’s on my mind! Palepaw is also very good at communicating, she has no problem with talking and telling Lostspark if something is wrong.

PART V – MY POV

Hello! You probably know me already, but I’m celeste and I’ve been on this site since Febuary 2021. Over my time here I’ve gathered many experiences, and I believe it’s time for me to apply for a high rank again!! While I’m still in school I have plently of free time for WCO and if I don’t, I’ll make it to stay active in this lol. I love chatting and plotting, so if I do end up getting picked idm talking and planning a lot. Always open to that I’m an active presence on here especially with Palepaw, and I always love communicating and reaching out to others! At the start I might be a bit on the held back side, but once I’m comfortable I’ll probably go rambling about plot ideas, just ic stuff, any ideas or questions if that’s what you want! My timezone is CET which means my time schedule might be a bit different but I’m usually online when it’s evening for me and a lot of others on WCO have around lunchtime. I have discord, my DMs are always open, I’m lurking to answer any questions and communciation on WCO through VMs and PMs also shouldn’t be a problem. I am always open to lend a helping hand to anyone around, and am experienced enough to help anyone if they should ever have a question or concern afaik.

So, why should I be trusted with another high rank? Back in 2022, I roleplayed the ShadowClan deputy, Cinderblaze. His activity in the clan was very short lived when I went on a hiatus because it all got too much. Back then I had no idea what I was doing or how I was doing it, I just accepted the role because it was an honour. I didn’t consider my mental health, school, or anything. Then, the stress got too much and just dumped on me all at once, so I had to leave before it got any worse.

Now I’m back from a year (?) long hiatus, ready to go! This time I’m making sure to limit myself, not take on anything I’m not comfortable with, and not make too many characters. Ever since I joined WCO, medicine cat has been my absolute dream rank. And when I say dream rank, I mean it. Deputy was nice and all and I had my fun, but in the end, it wasn’t what I needed or was happy with. I’m not saying that I am not grateful for everything and all the opportunities back then, simply that now I’m back and much more mindful. I won’t go on a hiatus anytime soon and in the unlikely case that does happen I’ll notify at least a month prior. Which isn’t going to happen unless there’s an extreme emergency. I would shelve all my other characters so that I can stay active with Pale in this position.

When it comes to blood, gore, and kitting I don’t really have any boundaries. I don’t mind participating in really gory roleplays, mental struggle roleplays, or detailed kitting rps. As long as it’s not like, completely excessive and against the guidelines, I should be fine with everything. Palepaw will also help with everything no matter the situation, because she can’t stand seeing someone in pain without being able to help them. So yeah, you won’t have any problems with me being too uncomfortable to take on roleplays, I’m honestly open to everything. As long as I’m given something to work with my roleplaying style is usually at least one long paragraph, preferably more unless I don’t have the time/a headache. I try to write at least 2-3 paragraphs, and if there’s enough of the prompt, Palepaw usually writes herself for me. As far as I’m concerned at the moment, I won’t have a sudden drop of motivation to rp pale, and if I do I’ll overcome it and continue.

I would be thrilled to have a chance at being a MCA. I know it’s something I won’t lose interest in sometime soon, as it has always been my dream and I know I enjoy it/am “good” at it. I won’t go inactive anytime soon and I’d give my all to this role, Palepaw would too. I am very thankful for the opportunity to apply to this as being a MCA has been my dream ever since I joined the site, there was just never a chance for it. Even if I don’t get chosen I’m happy I got to write this application. Everyone on here is amazing and has wonderful OCs and they deserve it so much <33

Soo I’m seeing all these super detailed long applications, but idk what else to add here and I don’t want to make it too long/clustered so I hope this is fine, along with her roleplay experience/contribution, for a good application Might not be my best but this was like the worst time to write up an application for me with constant headaches due to two exam weeks

PART VI – TRUE OR FALSE W/ ME / PALE

I have been a high rank before – True

I have been a medicine cat / mca before – False

MCA / MC is my dream rank – True

I am willing to be really active with Palepaw – True

I am willing to commit myself to this ooc – True

I am able to communicate my thoughts and opinions – True

Pale would keep silent if something important / dangerous happens – False

Pale was made for this role – False! However I’m applying for this because I think she’d do well on it and I am also interested

Pale is an active presence who has done a lot in her 1 moon of apprenticeship – True! She’s only 7 moons and is almost done with all her training requirements except for battle. Pale is also participating in events, patrols, and making sure she does as much for ShadowClan as she can!

Pale will bring chaos and unruliness to the clan – False, she’s always trying to do her best

PART VII – REVIEWS

"Palepaw would make a fantastic medicine cat apprentice if given the opportunity. She's eager to learn, taking to new things quickly and being willing to put in extra work (like learning to swim despite it not being a necessary requirement)! Palepaw is curious, always asking questions about whatever she's learning about. She's also very motivated - barely a month into her apprenticeship and she's already completed her stealth and hunting training, as well as a border tour, a patrol, and extra lessons on top of that! I can't think of a better cat for the job."

"Palepaw is a good-natured apprentice who gets the job done. Not only does she possess incredible focus and determination, but she also has a talent for rooting out herbs. Her talents are immensely helpful, and her abilities could greatly serve the clan."

"i think one of her best traits is her positivity and willingness to learn! like with the swimming and stuff, she always wants to know more. and i think she'd be a reliable med cat."

"I would say it's because she's less likely to poison annoying cats than some shadowclanners"

"I see Palepaw as a very trustworthy shecat, who will always be there for her close ones or anyone who may be in danger, need help, etc. She is always enthusiastic, as well as eager to learn more and improve her skills as a young apprentice. Additionally, you can clearly see that Palepaw works extremely hard and long to become the best version of herself, and correct her mistakes. Although, she is still quite young, Palepaw clearly knows the importance of working together as a team and interacting with others. I think she would do well with this role."

"Pale is just... awesome. They seem like a really good fit, and would be able to adapt to a new role, and would just be a really great medicine cat overall !!"

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; January 31st, 2024 at 12:28 PM.