Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Contested Herbs in Leafbare [HERB HUNTING EVENT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritter View Post

Garlic Feather
Purrks; Just a scratch| Beefed up tier 1|
He-Him { River Clan } Warrior

LAST? WHAT? Furious, that was an understatement. His teammates had left him to do that last round all alone! Not only did their team name suck. So did the cats on the team! Garlic Feather curled his claws into the dirt, calming down after the comfort of their at least being another round to catch up. But it was the last round now, how could they catch up? Another teammate! Yes! At least that was going well for team Puddle. Garlic Feather decided it was time for a pep talk, err... he wasn't very good at pep talks.. He was more of a tooth and claw kind of guy anyhow. Garlic Feather first paused to welcome the new member to team puddle, Mink Paw. That was the apprentice's name was it not? He'd not seen much of the apprentice last round, since he hadn't cared for the new members. Surely if they had gotten a new member, and were in last they must be doing terribly. Garlic Feather slid a little bit over away from the rest of the teams and Tansy Paw, he could see cats already coming back with herbs. It made him even more frustrated. Clearly none of the tactics team 'puddle' had come up with so far was working. It was time for a change to get his teammates actually going. One might wonder what had gotten garlic so worked up, that was because they were originally in the lead! And now, just because the rest of his teammates couldn't be bothered to do anything other then chat about doing said thing, they were a whole 4 herbs behind and without a doubt could have still been winning if his teammates had just..

Garlic Feather refused to idle any longer. And he refused to watch all that effort go to waste. They had another member now, but if the other teams were lucky they'd have no chance, and there was no point in cheating. sabotage was just horrible, and there was no point in it anyway other then making it seem unfair. He wouldn't dare do it, especially not over something that was helpful to the clan. Garlic Feather took a few deep breaths and sat down, pep talk. He was meant to do a Pep talk, make everyone motivated! Make all of his teammates eager! Wow. 'Err.. Team Puddle, I've got something to say about last round.' No cat starts a pep talk with Err... It's not necessarily motivating now is it? Garlic Feather shook that line of thought off and gathered his confidence. 'I think we need to take moment and think about how good getting herbs for the clan is right now, forget the competition. Forget losing. We're here to get herbs so let's actually do it and not leave me to scramble to try save us from being disqualified. It's a very basic task even in leafbare. I know that being in last isn't the most appealing situation but we have another member now and if we're lucky, we'll be striving for the top. The top two teams are tied and we're behind by four herbs, we have four cats but there's no chance that every cat fails to the point where they only get another four, so really, really try to find some. And also, other motivating words. And encouragement probably.' Not his best speech, if you could even call it that, but it would have to do on limited time, now to search. Garlic Feather had been striving in this part, he was proud of the amounts he'd been getting. Although he couldn't say that his pride was necessarily shared for his fellow puddle pals. Puddle paws? Whatever. Fellow cats. No technical stuff. 'Mink Paw, you've got a knack for this so you'll be going with me out into Riverclan Territory again to see if there's anything. Jay Frost, Toad Paw, you two have to decide where to go yourselves.' Garlic Feather didn't really feel guilty about ordering cats around like this, actually it would probably be vital to make a note on that before some cat snaps at him for 'bossing others around.' It wasn't his fault they were incapable of picking plants up. 'I'm not trying to be a patrol leader or authority figure, just don't wanna lose.' He murmured over with a shrug. And now to wait for Mink.. that was their name right? He should probably double check.

(No clue if Garlic is allowed to boss people around here )
@al3cc766 @Katiethewolfchild

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 11moons, the collector, herb1] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

"bye bye" minkpaw mewed at her former teammates with a smile (im so sorry i just disappeared and didnt help btw like VERY sorry) before trotting over to her new group, a small apprentice she was quite sure was blind, a dark muscular looking tom and a tall thin grey tabby she had noticed being a meanie before. she was a bit sad she had to switch teams, if she was being honest she had taken quite the liking to ripplepelt, looking up to the older, experienced warrior. but this was a great opportunity to make friends!
she nodded at the order, happy to work with what she was given, finding herbs and maybe make friends with the dark tom.
"are we gonna go now?" she asked excitedly, kind of bouncing up and down.

#minkpaw766

->> jayfrost [he/him, rc warrior, 24moons, burn baby burn] <<-
a tall silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

ears flattening against his head he averted his gaze in annoyance, being on the loosing team was one thing but getting bossed around was a whole different story. garlicfeather could be glad they were on good terms. he knew this was highly irrational and non sensical but being talked down to never failed to make his blood boil. he was not getting bossed around and talked to like he was stupid.
he gave garlic the best cold shoulder treatment he could and stalked past his, tail flicking in toadpaws direction aggresively to order the apprentice to follow before he realised they probably needed a audible command.
"c'mon, territory. now" he pretty much hissed, not bothering to look back at the apprentice on his way out of camp.

(im so so sorry i just disappeared on you i swear minkpaw and her collector purrk will make up for it )
(also, reminder that jayfrost has a scottish accent lmao)
@Katiethewolfchild

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements

Last edited by alec; January 30th, 2024 at 05:20 AM.